FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2/21 DLC: Megadeth Pack 01!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deak2112  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone on the fence about PE#1, get it. the song is epic. Week of win

For lulz my Wiki and for My Youtube Channel

Free Bird since 11/9/2009
My only regret is that I only have one life to give for my Lord
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Deak2112
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I will be interested about is how they chart a certain solo in Public Enemy no.1.

I mean this is the first time we have had anything with Chris Broderick on it, so it should be good.
The part I am talking about is 0:40 onwards on this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLxHOVYQo5I

Got forbid if they have the same charter do these songs as they did for Black Veil Brides and Rush a few weeks ago.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never have been a Megadeth fan. I have their songs in RB since their charts are usually fun, but I'm nowhere near as excited as everyone else is. I am the 1%.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
MasterNobody wrote:
the original lyrics and the solitary nature of the vocals show that it's clearly about suicide, despite what Dave has said about it.

I mean, of course, we have a song about smashing people's heads open with a hammer, so I suppose HMX isn't much for worrying about the topicality of lyrics. =P

Yes, god forbid we have a Megadeth song that might be about suicide. I'll stick with happy light songs like Good Mourning/Black Friday (murderer that uses a hammer on people's heads), My Last Words (russian roulette), Wake Up Dead (cheating on an apparent yandere), Sleepwalker (murdering people in your dreams) and Holy Wars (self-explanatory).

Fair enough, but y'know, suicide is actually a serious topic that hits home with a lot of people. Maybe I just don't spend as much time with people who struggle with murdering people in their sleep as you do, inv4der.

Anyway, I didn't mean to say that they shouldn't have put the song in the game because it's about suicide. Just that I strongly believe they should have gone with the newer version, for several reasons. The more lighthearted nature of the United Abominations version is just one of a few reasons I pointed out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, very nice. Still need to get Rust in Peace...Already got Symphony of Destruction on GH:WoR...and I do much prefer the United Abominations version of A Tour Le Monde...

I'll get this somewhere down the line. But not right now. Think I'm finally starting to slow down on my GH/RB gaming and purchasing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought for sure we would get Huey. Not that I care.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
inv4der wrote:
MasterNobody wrote:
the original lyrics and the solitary nature of the vocals show that it's clearly about suicide, despite what Dave has said about it.

I mean, of course, we have a song about smashing people's heads open with a hammer, so I suppose HMX isn't much for worrying about the topicality of lyrics. =P

Yes, god forbid we have a Megadeth song that might be about suicide. I'll stick with happy light songs like Good Mourning/Black Friday (murderer that uses a hammer on people's heads), My Last Words (russian roulette), Wake Up Dead (cheating on an apparent yandere), Sleepwalker (murdering people in your dreams) and Holy Wars (self-explanatory).

Fair enough, but y'know, suicide is actually a serious topic that hits home with a lot of people. Maybe I just don't spend as much time with people who struggle with murdering people in their sleep as you do, inv4der.

Anyway, I didn't mean to say that they shouldn't have put the song in the game because it's about suicide. Just that I strongly believe they should have gone with the newer version, for several reasons. The more lighthearted nature of the United Abominations version is just one of a few reasons I pointed out.

2112 (Soliloquy), Adam's Song, and others involve suicide in some way.
We're a bit acquainted with this topic and I'm pretty certain that Harmonix does not feel very cautious about releasing songs regarding the subject.

FL4RE wrote:
Got forbid if they have the same charter do these songs as they did for Black Veil Brides and Rush a few weeks ago.

This. As much as I liked Rust In Peace, I honestly thought the solos in that pack were charted much worse than in Good Mourning/Black Friday. If the dude who charted Rush Pack 01 and BVB charted these new Megadeth tracks, I don't think even Dave Mustaine would look at it without showing disdain.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
BathTub  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, will pick these up, sad to see the numbers aren't picking up though.
Silly  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good birthday present. About time we got some DLC that isn't horrible.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent, but I never like A Tout Le Monde. PE#1 is alright. Symphony of Destruction is obviously awesome.
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So any news about tiering? And how do the guitar charts look? I'm expecting the Symphony of Destruction solo to be a BIT messy since it is Marty Friedmann.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some guitar and drum videos someone posted, with tiers (no pro guitar/bass teirs):

Megadeth - Symphony of Destruction
Megadeth - Public Enemy No. 1
Megadeth - A Tout le Monde

Tiers (G/B/D/V):
Symphony of Destruction: 4/3/2/2
Public Enemy No. 1: 6/3/4/2
A Tout Le Monde: 3/1/2/2

Definitely much easier than past Megadeath weeks, with the possible exception of Public Enemy's guitar. The guitar charting mostly looked pretty good to me outside of maybe Public Enemy's 3rd solo, which go pretty messy. I'm not as picky about guitar charts as a lot of people here though.
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh I knew it wouldn't be perfect.

Outside of 2 sections (those being the end of the Symphony of Destruction solo and the 3rd solo in Public Enemy no.1) I'm actually happy with the charting this week.

However for those 2 sections:

I dunno what they were thinking for the end of the SOD solo, I mean it's a mess really. He's actually playing a simple repeating lick, but just very fast. The best example of it really is the GH5 DLC chart. Oh well, it's still hittable (for me at least) so I can still FC the song.

Public Enemy however...solo 1 & 2 are fine for the most part. But that 3rd solo? First of all why the inconsistent tremolo picking when Chris Brodericks part comes in? I genuinely cannot hear any fluctuations on speed for that part. Then the fretting between and after said parts is a bit weird. But probably the main fuck-up was in Mustaines part of the solo. I mean he's playing the same lick as in the first solo! Why chart it different? Especially in a godawful awkward pattern with random strums too...The final part of the 3rd solo is iffy too.

At least this week wasn't a total failure though. I guess it could have been worse.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: 2/21 DLC: Megadeth Pack 01! Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii on February 21st, 2012:

• Symphony Of Destruction by Megadeth (X)

• A Tout Le Monde by Megadeth

• Public Enemy No. 1 by Megadeth

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system February 22nd)

Tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for “Megadeth Pack 01”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Still Alive by Jonathan Coulton ft. Sara Quin (160 MSP)

• Expert Mode by LeetStreet Boys (80 MSP)

• Betus Blues (Retro Remix) by dB soundworks (80 MSP)

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

• Rocket Dragon by Machinae Supremacy (160 MSP)

RBN Songs now available for PS3 that are currently enabled for scoretracking:

• Still Alive by Jonathan Coulton ft. Sarah Quin ($1.99)

• Expert Mode by LeetStreet Boys ($0.99)

• Betus Blues (Retro Remix) by dB soundworks ($0.99)

• My Frailty by After The Burial ($1.99)

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3, and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
First of all why the inconsistent tremolo picking when Chris Brodericks part comes in? I genuinely cannot hear any fluctuations on speed for that part.

I don't really hear it either, but it doesn't matter because that part is under strumming lanes anyway, so you can just strum straight through it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: