FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Update!Metal Mayhem, a Rock Band event for Child's Play. May 26, 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTJem  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Update!Metal Mayhem, a Rock Band event for Child's Play. May Reply with quote

Update!
Due to conflict with a nationally touring band (who wanted the date I had) we are moving Metal Mayhem to Saturday May 26th. The benefit to this will be better weather and more time for you to put your band together!

Come out to play or just watch as HeroGear and DFW Bar Nights hosts Metal Mayhem, a Child's Play event at The Ranch. This event will feature 32 bands, performing on the stage at The Ranch in Arlington (formally known as Fantasy Ranch, the most notorious strip joint in North Texas, where many a rock star visited when on tour back in the day) with all proceeds going to Child's Play. Check the website for more details.

http://www.herogear.net/MetalMayhem.html

The Ranch was just too expensive to hold practice events at, I am currently looking for someplace smaller and will update as soon as I find a place.

Last edited by GTJem on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PSN Name: RedRocker63
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this looks like fun, and it's actually in my neck of the woods (roughly).

Not sure if we'll be able to make the trip yet, but if anyone is looking for band mates, my husband and I are pretty comfortable on vocals and drums (and decent on guitar/bass). I've still never been to a rhythm game tournament/play night before, despite how long I've been on ScoreHero.

Either way I'd be happy to donate.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Deschain  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, talked with Hailz a bit, and I think we may have put a band together! And not sure if its possible, but if you still need it, I could help out with the manual labor stuff.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
GTJem  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Band entry and advance VIP sales are now open, go to the website to make sure you don't miss out on this major event.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got an email response I was waiting on. I can now officially announce that we have Harmonix's support for this event! More details to follow!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Harmonix has offered to give us lots of swag to give away, I am adding some contests both for the bands and the audience as well. So far I have come up with 2 contests

Best band rider-(voted by the audience) Van Halen's brown M&M's one is the classic, what can you come up with? (must either bring the item, or a poster of it or something) may even break it down into catagories.

Hottist groupie- (voted by the bands) you're welcome.

Can anyone think of something else we can add? looking for more ideas.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Coming soon! Reply with quote

Metal Mayhem is now just a month away, bands are beginning to get their initial $100 in to secure a spot in the show, make sure and get yours in before all the spots are gone. I'm currently waiting on my shipment of stuff from Harmonix to see what additional contests we will be holding, don't wait too long!

Also, for those that can't make the trip, we will be live streaming the event here:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/metalmayhem

Pictures, and other event info can be found at our Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...12285158853006

and videos from the Mobile Mayhem rig (which will be set up out front as you come in)
http://www.youtube.com/user/HeroGearNet

hope to see everyone soon!

RR

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of curiosity, how many other bands have signed up so far? Hoping for a great turnout because this sounds like so much fun! Can't wait to meet everyone in less than 3 weeks.

If anyone is reading this thread and can't make it but would like to help out, you are always welcome to donate $5 to our band Fraggle Rock (well, the unofficial real-life Fraggle Rock anyways!) ...then on the 26th you can watch us be crazy on the live stream, for better or for worse (Oh god!)

/Shameless Plug

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
GTJem  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got our big box o' swag today! Still working on some special stuff as well. Bands are starting to sign up, but we are no where neer full, make sure and get your band signed up right away. Songs are first come first serve, so make sure and don't miss out!

RR

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock Gear is now onboard, and sending us some of their awesome LED lights to give away! Also, rumor has it that The King may come out of hiding to oversee the event, pose for pictures, and maybe sing a song or two. If you are planning to enter a band in the show, you need to contact me ASAP. We can wait till you arrive at the event to turn in your donations, but to insure you have a spot and to make sure we have the song you want we need to hear from you now. We will not be downloading tracks the day of the event.

RR

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, this turned out to be a lot of fun! Thanks Jem! Can't wait to come back again soon.

1KJ08mq.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: