FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Long Rolls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiNGY0Y0  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Long Rolls Reply with quote

Any roll like the red one in Freebird, Girls not Grey, or I Didn't Say I Was Powerful I Said I Was A Wizard, gives me trouble. I don't know if it's the timing window, or calibration, but I'm really bad at these rolls. I consider myself an above average drummer, so these rolls are the only thing keeping me from getting to a higher level of skill right now. Any tips for hitting these? If I'm not being clear, let me know and I'll post a video. Thanks.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Long Rolls Reply with quote

KiNGY0Y0 wrote:
Any roll like the red one in Freebird, Girls not Grey, or I Didn't Say I Was Powerful I Said I Was A Wizard, gives me trouble. I don't know if it's the timing window, or calibration, but I'm really bad at these rolls. I consider myself an above average drummer, so these rolls are the only thing keeping me from getting to a higher level of skill right now. Any tips for hitting these? If I'm not being clear, let me know and I'll post a video. Thanks.

It shouldn't be any issue with the timing window. It could very well be calibration, though.

What exactly is the problem you're having, though? Is it endurance? Is it staying on time with the pads? Is it kicks underneath the rolls? I know the songs you're talking about, but I need a little more detail about what the problems you're having are.
KiNGY0Y0  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Long Rolls Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
KiNGY0Y0 wrote:

It shouldn't be any issue with the timing window. It could very well be calibration, though.

What exactly is the problem you're having, though? Is it endurance? Is it staying on time with the pads? Is it kicks underneath the rolls? I know the songs you're talking about, but I need a little more detail about what the problems you're having are.

Well I guess I just get off time, and I start to fail, and can't get my combo back up. Another good example is the Don't Fear The Reaper roll. I feel like I'm hitting it correctly, and when the kicks come up, I fail. It's quite annoying, because on GH drumming, I can FC sections like this. :/
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because Guitar Hero's timing window is a fucking joke
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".

Last edited by ShadoWolf on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
KiNGY0Y0  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:
That's because Guktar Hero's timing window is a fucking joke

I like it :P
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accent the pads at certain intervals (preferably, hit each of the first note of each set of four notes harder than the others). This should keep you staying on time with the music.

Example:

(Note: RYs represent harder hits)

Another thing I recommend is to pay attention to the beat lines, or if the situation calls for it, the bass kicks. This can further help you stay on time.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much everything Puppetmaster said is completely true.

And to go off of what Shadowolf said, ya GH's hit window is ridiculous. (I can play 5 32nd notes where there's actually 3 16th notes and it won't break combo). For Guitar Hero you can be ungodly sloppy and it'll still register everything as being hit perfectly, where as in Rock Band you have to have a much cleaner and practiced technique for faster rolls, if anything just take into practice and slow it down.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
KiNGY0Y0  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thanks guy, that's helpful. And I know, I kinda got used to drumming on GH, and now that I'm on RB, it's really hard to do as well as I think I should.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: