FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2/7 DLC: 3-Pack from Bush!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bclare  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
Silly wrote:
sucks.

Haters gonna hate.

I - like the rest of Western civilization - assumed that this pack was going to be two old-school Bush tracks plus one radio-play track from their new album; I'm pleasantly surprised to see that this is not the case.

Yep. Good songs all three, and I actually know them. We knew that Bush was coming, and this is just about the best that situation could have been. I'll almost definitely pick up this pack.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it that every time everyone's going OMG OMG OMG about a DLC pack, it's something I don't care about, yet when it's something I'm really excited for, nobody gives a fuck? I refuse to believe that my taste can be the polar opposite of everyone all the time.

Anyway: I love Bush. Slight missed opportunity in that my favourite from them isn't there, but this pack will make me play RB for the first time in ages. I will happily sing Comedown until my voice shreds up.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Shaph  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of those times I really wish a current radio track was with the pack for the band: I love The Sound of Winter.

This will never be the only landscape we create.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Shaph514 Wii Friend Code: 5063917987417061
Geeoff  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this pack. I think you have to be an old fart like me to appreciate Bush. :P
sukergod  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeoff wrote:
I love this pack. I think you have to be an old fart like me to appreciate Bush. :P

I am, I just find them to be forgetful. Throw in other similar type bands like Our Lady Peace, I Mother Earth, or Moist and I'd be all over it.
BathTub  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, definitely picking these up.
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm get it, as aside from Glycerine, these are the few songs I actually know by Bush.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
rafaelgs1992br  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't. Care. Less.

Too bad, cuz the last few weeks have been great.
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BowlZ wrote:
you guys know how fun when I come around by Green Day is on guitar?(read sarcastically) Well Glycerin is the same thing but slower, without the fun drum and bass part.

I'm glad you considered the three instruments I play the least in your assessment. :p
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally expected "The Sound of Winter" to be in this pack, but honestly I'd rather have "Everything Zen" for nostalgic value. Getting "Comedown" and "Machinehead" was pretty much a given (not that I have a problem with that). There are a few tracks on Razorblade Suitcase that I like, but which might not translate so well to Rock Band.

youhas wrote:
Now, off to figure out where the hell the keyboards are in Machinehead....

I fully expect it to be on the Slipknot/KoRn-level of minimalism in keyboard use, especially since Sixteen Stone-era Bush had exactly four members, none of whom played keys. Wikipedia says they had someone play keys live for 1999-2002, but AFAIK these three tracks were recorded in 1994.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really wanted the people that we love.... but i knew we weren't gonna get it. dat nostalgia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carltheshredder wrote:
i really wanted the people that we love.... but i knew we weren't gonna get it. dat nostalgia

I know! My favorite song by them!

Is your nostalgia for that song tied to Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit II by any chance? It is for me.
Sully  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may buy some Rock Band DLC for the first time in a very, very, very long time. If only it was Little Things instead of Comedown!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
Carltheshredder  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
Carltheshredder wrote:

I know! My favorite song by them!

Is your nostalgia for that song tied to Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit II by any chance? It is for me.
I love you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More 90s alternative is always, always a good thing. Sixteen Stone is one of my favorite albums to this day.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: