FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 3 Pro Bass FC Breakdown
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
megallica  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Rock Band 3 Pro Bass FC Breakdown Reply with quote

Rock Band 3 Pro Bass FC Breakdown

Note: The list is and will be a work in progress for a while, until the SH community comes to a consensus.

General Rules:

> This thread will focus on Expert. This is subject to change.

> Keep discussion civil.

In ascending order (1 - easiest, 83 - hardest)

Warmup
1. Imagine
2. Need You Tonight
3. Du Hast
4. Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots Pt. 1
5. Just Like Heaven
6. Rock Lobster
7. The Beautiful People
8. I Love Rock N' Roll
9. The Hardest Button To Button
10. Everybody Wants To Rule The World
11. Here I Go Again

Apprentice
12. Don't Stand So Close To Me
13. Killing Loneliness
14. Oye Mi Amor
15. Something Bigger, Something Brighter
16. Midlife Crisis
17. Sister Christian
18. I Wanna Be Sedated
19. Living In America
20. Rainbow In The Dark
21. Walking On The Sun
22. The Killing Moon
23. Foolin'

Solid
24. Get Up, Stand Up
25. False Alarm
26. Don't Bury Me...I'm Still Not Dead
27. I Need To Know
28. Outer Space
29. Misery Business
30. Get Free
31. Last Dance
32. Low Rider
33. Werewolves Of London
34. The Power Of Love
35. Plush

Moderate
36. Whip It
37. Hey Man, Nice Shot
38. Cold As Ice
39. Been Caught Stealing
40. Portions For Foxes
41. Combat Baby
42. The Con
43. Break On Through (To The Other Side)
44. The Look
45. Good Vibrations (Live)
46. Rehab
47. Walk Of Life

Challenging
48. Radar Love
49. Crosstown Traffic
50. Heart Of Glass
51. Humanoid
52. Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
53. This Bastard's Life
54. Fly Like An Eagle
55. Before I Forget
56. Centerfold
57. Oh My God
58. I Can See For Miles
59. One Armed Scissor

Nightmare
60. 25 or 6 to 4
61. Viva La Resistance
62. China Grove
63. Bohemian Rhapsody
64. In The Meantime
65. Lasso
66. King George
67. 20th Century Boy
68. I Got You (I Feel Good)
69. In A Big Country
70. Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting
71. Smoke On The Water

Impossible
72. No One Knows
73. Beast And The Harlot
74. Me Enamora
75. Dead End Friends
76. Jerry Was A Racecar Driver
77. Crazy Train
78. Roundabout
79. Space Oddity
80. Caught In A Mosh
81. Antibodies
82. Freebird
83. Llama

Original List

In ascending order (1 - easiest, 83 - hardest)

Warmup
1. Imagine
2. Du Hast
3. Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots Pt. 1
4. Need You Tonight
5. Just Like Heaven
6. Rock Lobster
7. The Beautiful People
8. I Love Rock N' Roll
9. The Hardest Button To Button
10. Everybody Wants To Rule The World
11. Here I Go Again

Apprentice
12. Don't Stand So Close To Me
13. Something Bigger, Something Brighter
14. Sister Christian
15. Killing Loneliness
16. Oye Mi Amor
17. I Wanna Be Sedated
18. Midlife Crisis
19. Living In America
20. Foolin'
21. Don't Bury Me...I'm Still Not Dead
22. Get Up, Stand Up
23. The Killing Moon

Solid
24. I Need To Know
25. Outer Space
26. Rainbow In The Dark
27. Misery Business
28. Get Free
29. Walking On The Sun
30. False Alarm
31. Low Rider
32. Werewolves Of London
33. The Power Of Love
34. Plush
35. Hey Man, Nice Shot

Moderate
36. Last Dance
37. Whip It
38. Cold As Ice
39. Portions For Foxes
40. Combat Baby
41. The Con
42. Break On Through (To The Other Side)
43. Been Caught Stealing
44. The Look
45. Good Vibrations (Live)
46. Rehab
47. Walk Of Life

Challenging
48. Radar Love
49. Crosstown Traffic
50. Heart Of Glass
51. Humanoid
52. Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
53. This Bastard's Life
54. Fly Like An Eagle
55. Before I Forget
56. 25 or 6 to 4
57. Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)
58. One Armed Scissor
59. Oh My God

Nightmare
60. Viva La Resistance
61. In The Meantime
62. I Can See For Miles
63. Centerfold
64. Smoke On The Water
65. Lasso
66. King George
67. 20th Century Boy
68. Bohemian Rhapsody
69. China Grove
70. In A Big Country
71. I Got You (I Feel Good)

Impossible
72. Beast And The Harlot
73. No One Knows
74. Crazy Train
75. Dead End Friends
76. Jerry Was A Racecar Driver
77. Roundabout
78. Me Enamora
79. Space Oddity
80. Caught In A Mosh
81. Antibodies
82. Freebird
83. Llama

Last edited by megallica on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:17 pm; edited 15 times in total
megallica  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since i've been seeing more people doing pro bass recently, i thought it would be helpful to have a breakdown for the on disc songs

i would appreciate some feedback, especially on the last half of the setlist, since everything after #55 involves some amount of guesswork from me

i think it's still a bit early to do one of these for Pro Guitar, since very few people have more than a dozen FCs, so it would probably involve too much guessing to be useful

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty cool list
I know all the easy songs pretty well so the first third of this list is pretty accurate
for the harder songs I would say:

1. I Can See For Miles is easier than Viva La Resistance (at least to FC and that's what this list is about) so you could put that song in the challenging category
2. No One Knows is definitely easier to FC than Beast and the Harlot but not by much and I don't really know the charts of I Got You and In a Big Country so I can't say whether or not No One Knows is harder than those so you might check that again
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy Train is WAY WAY too high, with the guitar solo being the only hard part and all, and even that not being too bad. In The Meantime, however, is FUCKING HARD, and could easily switch places with that

I would also switch Llama and Free Bird, just since the latter IS SO GODDAMN LONG.

Also, Me Enamora is in no universe harder than Roundabout.

Really, pretty nice list, considering how hard it must be to make it. Now Protar list?
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:

Really? I found it a lot harder to sightread but I haven't spent much time with either chart.
googleimage  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't speak to the full list just yet but of the ones I can speak to:

Of the "warmup-tier" songs, I'd have to agree with the choices. I haven't played Du Hast or Yoshimi yet, but I'd say Imagine, Need You Tonight and Just Like Heaven are the 3 easiest FC's that I have played.

The Killing Moon at 23 seems a bit low, maybe. The entire song is extremely easy to FC, except for those freaking tremolo lanes. Granted, those lanes are a lot easier than that same section on the legacy chart. but it makes it far too luck-based IMO.

While it's clearly not in the top 3, Hey Man Nice Shot was my 3rd FC. I would say maybe 15th is more appropriate, but I just don't see how 35 is even close. The fact that it's all on one string, and it's soooooooooooooo repetitive, makes it a relatively simple FC.

Last Dance seems a touch high too; it's the same riff over and over, and it's not super difficult. It's tricky enough to be closer to the middle, but I can still see this moving up quite a few spots.
megallica  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beliskner wrote:
pretty cool list
I know all the easy songs pretty well so the first third of this list is pretty accurate
for the harder songs I would say:

1. I Can See For Miles is easier than Viva La Resistance (at least to FC and that's what this list is about) so you could put that song in the challenging category
2. No One Knows is definitely easier to FC than Beast and the Harlot but not by much and I don't really know the charts of I Got You and In a Big Country so I can't say whether or not No One Knows is harder than those so you might check that again

the outro on I Can See For Miles is very difficult, and i'm much better at the strumming and other hard parts of Viva La Resistance, so i felt that it would be easier to FC

they are close in FC difficulty though, so i don't mind switching them

I Got You is very difficult to play in general, and In A Big Country is a fast paced altstrumming song, where it would be very difficult to not miss somewhere in it

Fr33701ays has FCed I Got You, but there aren't any GS's of No One Knows on the SH leaderboards, and the highest percentage score on it is 97%, so i'm reluctant to move it below those. besides, the bass line and guitar solo sections on No One Knows are very difficult to FC as a whole, and there are plenty of other difficult parts

Hobo111 wrote:
Crazy Train is WAY WAY too high, with the guitar solo being the only hard part and all, and even that not being too bad. In The Meantime, however, is FUCKING HARD, and could easily switch places with that

I would also switch Llama and Free Bird, just since the latter IS SO GODDAMN LONG.

Really, pretty nice list, considering how hard it must be to make it. Now Protar list?

the guitar solo isn't the only hard part of Crazy Train, although it is the most difficult

the choruses have a very difficult doublet strumming part that alternates strings after every two notes, and i have no idea how to hit it

i'm not particularly good at altstrumming with a pick, but changing strings constantly without hitting the string inbetween seems very hard to me. and it's not really any easier trying to fingerpick that part. i can't even come close to hitting it at full speed

i moved it down a few places, but unless you can hit that part at full speed, or i get more input about it, i'm not willing to move it down farther

In The Meantime has a wide variety of parts that are all hard in some way, and stringing them all together would be very difficult, but no one part of that song is impossible to hit. i can hit almost everything in it if i practice it enough, i just don't have anywhere near enough consistency to GS the song, let alone FC

i moved it up, but i don't see anything in it that's as hard as the most difficult parts of Lasso, or the songs above it. i'll move it up farther if more people think it really is that hard, but personally, i don't see it

i switched Me Enamora and Roundabout. Me Enamora is consistently very difficult throughout the song, but the guitar line's on Roundabout are more difficult than any one part of Me Enamora, and Roundabout is longer, with plenty of other difficult parts

for Llama vs Freebird, Hitoshira has stated on numerous occasions that Llama is the most difficult song in the game, and he's the only person with a 5* of that song as far as i know, so i believe him

googleimage wrote:
Can't speak to the full list just yet but of the ones I can speak to:

Of the "warmup-tier" songs, I'd have to agree with the choices. I haven't played Du Hast or Yoshimi yet, but I'd say Imagine, Need You Tonight and Just Like Heaven are the 3 easiest FC's that I have played.

The Killing Moon at 23 seems a bit low, maybe. The entire song is extremely easy to FC, except for those freaking tremolo lanes. Granted, those lanes are a lot easier than that same section on the legacy chart. but it makes it far too luck-based IMO.

While it's clearly not in the top 3, Hey Man Nice Shot was my 3rd FC. I would say maybe 15th is more appropriate, but I just don't see how 35 is even close. The fact that it's all on one string, and it's soooooooooooooo repetitive, makes it a relatively simple FC.

Last Dance seems a touch high too; it's the same riff over and over, and it's not super difficult. It's tricky enough to be closer to the middle, but I can still see this moving up quite a few spots.

i couldn't tell based on your description whether you though The Killing Moon should be moved down (easier) or up (harder). i got it as my 11th Pro Bass FC, and at the time i was failing out of songs like Killing Loneliness and Foolin', but malkieriking got it as his 29th FC, so the placement i picked for it was sort of a compromise between them. i could see some justification for moving it a few spaces in either direction, so if you clarify which direction you meant, i'm willing to move it.

Hey Man Nice Shot was my 46th on disc FC. i was told that it was all on one string and repetitive very early on, so i had been trying to FC it back when i only had 3 or 4 FCs, so it wasn't for lack of trying. it has a fast pace, and i had trouble keeping up with it, plus connecting the end of the verse pattern to the start of the hammeron part for the choruses was hard for me. i know malkieriking has been trying to FC that song for awhile as well, and he has 34 on disc FCs but still hasn't been able to FC that song, and bobohoro has 37 on disc FCs but also hasn't FCed Hey Man Nice Shot

i'm willing to move it down, but 15th place seems like way too much of an overcorrection

for now, i moved it and Last Dance below Werewolves of London and Low Rider, which are also repetitive songs that have easier patterns than Last Dance and Hey Man, Nice Shot, but have alot more variation to them

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

megallica wrote:
[B]ut malkieriking got [The Killing Moon] as his 29th FC

I know malkieriking has been trying to FC [Hey Man, Nice Shot] for awhile as well, and he has 34 on disc FCs but still hasn't been able to FC that song, and bobohoro has 37 on disc FCs but also hasn't FCed Hey Man Nice Shot

i'm willing to move it down, but 15th place seems like way too much of an overcorrection.

First, the list is pretty wonderful; I've FCed the first 32, and the 2 above that I took off the Un-FCed list, so I understand their placements (although I would argue on my own personal list The Look is at about #20; it took me a half-hour after I SRed it).

Second, I FCed TKM so late mostly because I knew I would choke in the outro. The strumming for me was VERY easy, and there were multiple times I hit it 2-4 times in a row; I actually thought the chorus/guitar solo pattern was harder than the strumming.

Third, I can do Hey Man, Nice Shot, but I've spent very little time on it. Again, the strumming isn't bad at all, and I miss at most 2 times in a normal run. I do miss 3-4 times in the chorus, but I really don't know why. This is another case of me being lazy, but I completely agree it doesn't belong in the teens. It should probably be around #38 or so (between Whip It and Cold as Ice).

This argument may be invalid, but I think based on the "HellAshes FCed Jerry" argument, Jerry should be ranked slightly easier. It is by no means an easy FC, but I think moving it up above No One Knows would be reasonable.

I think Centerfold should move up to #57; I SRed that song and was very successful, even hitting the hard pattern a couple times. It wouldn't be easy to hit it all in one run, but it would definitely be possible.

I wouldn't mind Been Caught Stealing to move up to the high 30s, at least for me, the strumming parts are very easy with the only difficult part being Guitar Solo 2. Guitar Solo 2 is just like Get Free except for the 2 string transistion instead of 1, and it really only takes a little practice and luck to hit it.

As good as I am at the strumming songs, I think I Wanna Be Sedated should move down to the mid 20s, it is so easy to miss in one place in that song, and it's probably the only FC I got in the first 20 that would take a lot of effort to redo. On the other hand, Rainbow in the Dark could move up to the late teens, I think it's significantly easier than Living In America.

MidLife Crisis was my 6th FC. Consequently, I think it's easier than 18th, although definitely not Warmup tier material. I would be happy if it got moved up to #13 before SB, SB.

Walking on the Sun isn't too bad either. Beliskner has it in his handful of FCs, and I had no problems with its only hard part. It's ranked 29th right now; I think about 20th would be more fitting.

I know I just commented on about a quarter of the list, and I don't expect all of these to be changed, but I thought I would give my opinion; there aren't THAT many in the Pro Bass community.

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
megallica  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

malkieriking wrote:
First, the list is pretty wonderful; I've FCed the first 32, and the 2 above that I took off the Un-FCed list, so I understand their placements (although I would argue on my own personal list The Look is at about #20; it took me a half-hour after I SRed it).

i initially started the list by averaging the order of my FCs with yours, so it's no coincidence that our common FCs are the first 32

after i placed them from a strict numerical average ranking, i adjusted some of them to account for anomalies, like songs that i worked on way too much and got them early, or songs that i got very easily, and would have FCed them earlier if i had tried

there are only a few other people with enough FCs to be useful for a statistical ranking of the songs, and i didn't know the exact order that they got their FCs, or if their progress had biases in it, like prior experience with real guitar/bass or avoiding songs they don't like, etc, so i only averaged your FC order with mine to make the initial list before i adjusted it

malkieriking wrote:
Second, I FCed TKM so late mostly because I knew I would choke in the outro. The strumming for me was VERY easy, and there were multiple times I hit it 2-4 times in a row; I actually thought the chorus/guitar solo pattern was harder than the strumming.

it was my 11th FC, so i definitely think it can be moved lower than it's current ranking

i'm not sure exactly where to place it though, since it's fairly difficult to FC the strumming section consistently

i think Living In America and the songs below it can be FCed more consistently, so i'm putting it there for now, unless there are requests to move it farther

malkieriking wrote:
Third, I can do Hey Man, Nice Shot, but I've spent very little time on it. Again, the strumming isn't bad at all, and I miss at most 2 times in a normal run. I do miss 3-4 times in the chorus, but I really don't know why. This is another case of me being lazy, but I completely agree it doesn't belong in the teens. It should probably be around #38 or so (between Whip It and Cold as Ice).

that's exactly where i had it before googleimage requested to move it down (easier)

consistency is a big part of FCing that song, so it might be a long time between learning to hit the two patterns that make up the song, and FCing the entire song in a real run

honestly, i feel like moving it back until more people request to move it lower

malkieriking wrote:
This argument may be invalid, but I think based on the "HellAshes FCed Jerry" argument, Jerry should be ranked slightly easier. It is by no means an easy FC, but I think moving it up above No One Knows would be reasonable.

HellAshes FCing Jerry might as well be Jerry being unFCed

he's overqualified for FCing the majority of the Pro Bass setlist, but he's only focused on Pro Guitar so far

he has 50 FCs on the Pro Guitar setlist, and could easily get over 70 on Pro Bass before he got stuck

i think the placement of Jerry is appropriate. it's really hard to hit the hammeron part of the chunky riff on the 3rd - 6th frets then hit the chords on the 13th - 15th frets and back to the hammeron part again

i can't even hit that part at 60% speed in the trainer

i can hit the main pattern of the song pretty regularly, but it's still hard enough to expect at least a few misses unless you're inhumanly consistent at it

malkieriking wrote:
I think Centerfold should move up to #57; I SRed that song and was very successful, even hitting the hard pattern a couple times. It wouldn't be easy to hit it all in one run, but it would definitely be possible.

i've tried working on that hard pattern, and have been pretty unsuccessful, but i do think i placed it a little too high, so i'll move it down a few spots

malkieriking wrote:
I wouldn't mind Been Caught Stealing to move up to the high 30s, at least for me, the strumming parts are very easy with the only difficult part being Guitar Solo 2. Guitar Solo 2 is just like Get Free except for the 2 string transition instead of 1, and it really only takes a little practice and luck to hit it.

it was my 45th FC, but it wasn't too much trouble by the time i started working on it, and i probably could have FCed it a little earlier

malkieriking wrote:
As good as I am at the strumming songs, I think I Wanna Be Sedated should move down to the mid 20s, it is so easy to miss in one place in that song, and it's probably the only FC I got in the first 20 that would take a lot of effort to redo. On the other hand, Rainbow in the Dark could move up to the late teens, I think it's significantly easier than Living In America.

RitD requires shifting your hand position up and down the neck of the guitar alot, and personally i think it's more difficult than Living In America

how about putting it right next to Living In America?

i can definitely see it being easier than Foolin'

malkieriking wrote:
MidLife Crisis was my 6th FC. Consequently, I think it's easier than 18th, although definitely not Warmup tier material. I would be happy if it got moved up to #13 before SB, SB.

that sounds reasonable

i got it fairly late, but that was a result of numerous chokes, some of which may have been from my guitar dropping hits, or my calibration not being quite right. i definitely should have gotten it sooner

malkieriking wrote:
Walking on the Sun isn't too bad either. Beliskner has it in his handful of FCs, and I had no problems with its only hard part. It's ranked 29th right now; I think about 20th would be more fitting

i had some trouble with the bass chords, but i didn't really work on them much early on, so i'm sure i could have gotten it earlier as well

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

these lists are tough. all i'll input right now is i think 'just like heaven' should be either one or two. i'd put it at number 1 personally. the 2 verses in 'imagine' are different and you have to hammer on the 15 a few times. 'du hast' may only have 1 bass line throughout but you have to change positions with your fretting hand. also you have to be aware of when the bass drops in and out.

that may be putting the songs under a microscope but i suppose that is the point of a list like this, right?
megallica  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiveFreeOrDont wrote:
these lists are tough. all i'll input right now is i think 'just like heaven' should be either one or two. i'd put it at number 1 personally. the 2 verses in 'imagine' are different and you have to hammer on the 15 a few times. 'du hast' may only have 1 bass line throughout but you have to change positions with your fretting hand. also you have to be aware of when the bass drops in and out.

that may be putting the songs under a microscope but i suppose that is the point of a list like this, right?

i've seen at least a dozen people get Imagine as their first on disc FC, because it's so slow that you have plenty of time to react, or even look at the frets to make sure you hit the right one

and Du Hast has a simple pattern that never varies and is also fairly slow, so it's easy to hit consistently as soon as you learn what it is you're supposed to hit

Just Like Heaven is repetitive, but it's much faster than those other songs, and is difficult to be consistent on by comparison. i honestly think speed alone makes it more difficult than the others for a beginner, and it was much more difficult for me when i started

if more people want to move it down, i will but i really don't think it should be # 1 or 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I have played through pretty much all the songs, I think I can provide a little more input:

- The #2 song is a tough call, but I lean towards Need You Tonight, with Just Like Heaven 3rd. Du Hast and Yoshimi would round out the top 5.

- The Killing Moon's tremolo lanes aren't as hard as I initially thought. They're still frustratingly easy to miss in, but they're hittable enough to justify its current ranking.

- Oye Mi Amor is predictable, and not that fast (nothing particularly hard here). I see this being a handful of spots easier, and certainly easier than SBSB.

- If you can handle the speed, False Alarm will be one of the easier FC's in the game for you. The fact that it's as fast as it is certainly downgrades it somewhat, but 30th still seems quite low to me. I'm thinking closer to #20.
megallica  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

googleimage wrote:
- The #2 song is a tough call, but I lean towards Need You Tonight, with Just Like Heaven 3rd. Du Hast and Yoshimi would round out the top 5.

i think Du Hast, Need You Tonight at Yoshimi are all valid contenders for the #2 spot for different reasons

Du Hast's main pattern is as easy as it gets. you only need the 3rd and 5th frets, everything is on the first string, and its a slow and steady strumming pace. but it does have some sections that use the 8th, 10th and 7th frets, and while they aren't as prevalent in the song, they're more difficult than the pattern in Need You Tonight

Yoshimi is mostly empty space, so there's only a couple of patterns you have to learn, and if you use practice mode for them rather than real runs it'll come pretty quickly, but the patterns are a little more complicated than Du Hast or Need You Tonight

Need You Tonight only has two or so patterns, and neither of them are hard, but the main one requires shifting your hand position up and down the guitar a little bit, which can be a factor at the beginning stage of Pro Bass when you have to do it that often.

as far as Just Like Heaven is concerned, i would urge people to consider how significant it's speed is compared to the other contenders for the #1-#5 slots

it's much faster, and if you don't have any experience with real instruments, playing with a pick can be tough at even a moderately fast pace

if you do have experience with real instruments (especially stringed instruments) then you aren't starting out at the correct skill level to judge the #1-#5 songs, because they are too easy, and any amount of experience with stringed instruments will impact your opinions on them

googleimage wrote:
Oye Mi Amor is predictable, and not that fast (nothing particularly hard here). I see this being a handful of spots easier, and certainly easier than SBSB.

i can definitely see justification for Oye Mi Amor being easier than SBSB, depending on skill set, but Killing Loneliness has basically the same hard part as Oye Mi Amor, so moving one would mean moving the other as well (similar to Tom Sawyer and Epic on RB1 guitar, in that the hardest part of both songs are zigzag patterns at similar lengths and speeds, with Epic having slightly more difficulty in the rest of it's chart)

i don't mind moving that one, although i got it pretty late myself (my 33rd on disc FC), i will admit that i didn't really go after it right away

googleimage wrote:
If you can handle the speed, False Alarm will be one of the easier FC's in the game for you. The fact that it's as fast as it is certainly downgrades it somewhat, but 30th still seems quite low to me. I'm thinking closer to #20.

speed is the primary factor in False Alarm's FC difficulty, although it has a couple of parts that are difficult because of fretting patterns

it is significantly faster and has more complicated fretting than Don't Bury Me, so objectively, there's no way it should drop below that song, but i will move it a few spots down

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Don't Bury Me is significantly faster than False Alarm. False Alarm is possible for me to do it with all upstrums on 1 finger, but Don't Bury Me isn't. That's why I have more trouble with the simpler patterns of DBM. DBM is also longer, and its 8th note pattern runs through the majority of its running time.

Opinions will vary, obviously, but I find False Alarm to be the easier FC by a fairly wide margin. Certainly enough to merit a debate anyways.
megallica  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

googleimage wrote:
Actually, Don't Bury Me is significantly faster than False Alarm. False Alarm is possible for me to do it with all upstrums on 1 finger, but Don't Bury Me isn't. That's why I have more trouble with the simpler patterns of DBM. DBM is also longer, and its 8th note pattern runs through the majority of its running time.

Opinions will vary, obviously, but I find False Alarm to be the easier FC by a fairly wide margin. Certainly enough to merit a debate anyways.

i downstrummed the entire song when i FCed both Don't Bury Me and False Alarm, and their speed felt about the same to me

when i looked back at the order that i FCed these songs, they were Don't Bury Me at #27 and False Alarm at #26, so they're definitely close in difficulty (since for the most part they're both just about keeping up with the speed of the song)

i moved False Alarm just below Don't Bury Me, but i really don't think it should fall farther, although i'll still move it if more people agree that it's easier than the current ranking

i also moved around the songs at the end of the list based on having replayed most of them recently

i had originally overestimated songs like China Grove and BoRhap, which are hard, but not as hard as where i ranked them before, and i underestimated SNA(FF), so i adjusted those

i also moved Me Enamora down several spots, since the songs seems very manageable to me now. the guitar solo and ending are still quite difficult, but no more than the hard parts of the other songs that are ranked that high

i moved BatH down some as well, since you can abuse the strumming engine alot in that song, making it far easier than it's supposed to be (you can strum through many of the gaps, making some of the tricky random rhythms much more straightforward)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: