FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Top 100 Hardest Drum FCs - February 18th Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mazegeek999PSN  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iHomer wrote:
mazegeek999PSN wrote:
I believe it was a good choice to move SV down, but I think it should go below Chiasm. There are plenty more "broken" kicks in Chiasm that come early and late into the song, plus that outro is pretty chokeable.

As I have told you before, the amount of "broken kicks" is not a valid comparison between songs. Sinner's Vengeance is harder than Chiasm.

Could you explain why though? I really don't see how only a few broken parts in SV make up for all the crazy stuff in Chiasm (also note that the broken rolls in SV are practically the only hard parts in the song; Chiasm has a lot more, and no, I'm not referring specifically to the YB parts).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mazegeek999PSN wrote:
iHomer wrote:
mazegeek999PSN wrote:
I believe it was a good choice to move SV down, but I think it should go below Chiasm. There are plenty more "broken" kicks in Chiasm that come early and late into the song, plus that outro is pretty chokeable.

As I have told you before, the amount of "broken kicks" is not a valid comparison between songs. Sinner's Vengeance is harder than Chiasm.

Could you explain why though? I really don't see how only a few broken parts in SV make up for all the crazy stuff in Chiasm (also note that the broken rolls in SV are practically the only hard parts in the song; Chiasm has a lot more, and no, I'm not referring specifically to the YB parts).

Not sure how it isn't obvious that simply counting the number of times something happens in a song isn't a valid measure of comparison. The kicks in SV are sandwiched inside a 17nps roll, which also has a very, very, very difficult/annoying series of rolls grouped in fives that lead directly into it. I'm not going to argue with you any further on this, simply because you haven't played either song.

Last edited by iHomer on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
mazegeek999PSN  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand why simply counting the number of broken kicks doesn't determine the difficulty of the song. However, Chiasm has more (about twice as more) PLUS more crazy stuff throughout the song. Also I have told you this, but with those quint rolls you can start on your left hand, do natural sticking and do one double-right on the last two greens. One. You've done triple strokes in TCE, I don't really see how the rolls (the rolls, not with the kicks) can be too hard for you. Yes, they speed up, and that's probably the hardest part of it, but muscle memory can take care of that with time (I would know this, I deal with annoying speed-ups on an even more critical engine, pro keys.).
Also you're saying that SV is 17nps, which I'm sure it is, but you're not saying how fast Chiasm is. It's probably not as fast as SV, but it's definitely close. And again, with all the stupid parts in Chiasm, it's safe to say a couple nps difference won't really make or break the difficulty.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, do you guys think Color Your World isn't that hard? There's that one bit in the screaming part that has the really fast bass pedal and the YBGB etc. fills.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
iHomer  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
Also, do you guys think Color Your World isn't that hard? There's that one bit in the screaming part that has the really fast bass pedal and the YBGB etc. fills.

It was already knocked off of the list.

As for your other suggestions, I think FML is fine where it is, the difficult sections are at the start and aren't too bad to manage with a bit of practice.

As for TWIE, whenever I moved it down, I got a ton of people saying it was harder than I rated it, a lot of people even thought it should have been epic list, so I'll leave that as is for now.

We Collide is harder than Believing for sure. If you're having trouble with the blasts, try using the tempo lines and accenting some of the right-hand notes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that it would be easier for me to critique this list if I knew what was assumed regarding FCing any of these songs. The two major questions are
1. Do we assume that anyone attempting to FC one of these songs has double bass?
2. Do we assume the FC is a non-bootleg?
If it is assumed that no one has double bass I could see songs like Pawns and Ziltoidia Attaxx moving up tremendously. And if it is given that optimal is being used then I could see a legitimate argument for Chiasm>SV (although I would still vote in favor of SV). Regarding other mentioned changes, in my humble opinion, Shimmer is as hard if not harder than TWIE. And yes, We Collide is harder than Believing, there are some darn fast rolls in We Collide that ruin most FC chances. And after some thought I still feel that XenoChrist is a good new low for Epic List.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BeastinIsMyGame PSN Name: smarock
iHomer  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeastinIsMyGame wrote:
I think that it would be easier for me to critique this list if I knew what was assumed regarding FCing any of these songs. The two major questions are
1. Do we assume that anyone attempting to FC one of these songs has double bass?
2. Do we assume the FC is a non-bootleg?
If it is assumed that no one has double bass I could see songs like Pawns and Ziltoidia Attaxx moving up tremendously. And if it is given that optimal is being used then I could see a legitimate argument for Chiasm>SV (although I would still vote in favor of SV). Regarding other mentioned changes, in my humble opinion, Shimmer is as hard if not harder than TWIE. And yes, We Collide is harder than Believing, there are some darn fast rolls in We Collide that ruin most FC chances. And after some thought I still feel that XenoChrist is a good new low for Epic List.

I've kind of avoided the whole bootleg/non-bootleg thing for this thread, but I think anyone going for Chiasm would bootleg the broken fill either way. Whether or not this list takes into account bootleg/non-bootleg, I don't know. As for double bass, I definitely think it should be assumed that two pedals can be used on any of them (anything that is "legal" I guess).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't think TWIE should be here at all. Like sure its hard but its nothing mind blowing you got to have a decent technique. Trippolette, Say Sayonara, Killing in the name, PTTS, Visions and a lot of harder shit aren't on the list. Those songs are much harder then TWIE. Thoughts?
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iHomer wrote:
As for your other suggestions, I think FML is fine where it is, the difficult sections are at the start and aren't too bad to manage with a bit of practice.

As for TWIE, whenever I moved it down, I got a ton of people saying it was harder than I rated it, a lot of people even thought it should have been epic list, so I'll leave that as is for now.

We Collide is harder than Believing for sure. If you're having trouble with the blasts, try using the tempo lines and accenting some of the right-hand notes.

Yeah, I see what you mean by FML, even though I can't hit any of it for shit.

IDK, I really don't think TWIE would be that hard to make the epic list.

I have a hell of a lot more trouble with Believing, but I guess I could try that.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
iHomer  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blakeison2112 wrote:
Trippolette, Say Sayonara, Killing in the name, PTTS, Visions and a lot of harder shit aren't on the list. Those songs are much harder then TWIE. Thoughts?

None of those are even close to TWIE, the only one that is arguable for people is Visions, but I strongly disagree that it's harder, and there's no way I can justify putting that on the list with how many FCs it has (I realize people don't like that argument, but this is an extreme case since it has a TON of FCs at this point, and seriously, if TWIE was an on-disc RB2 song, I guarantee you it would stop many more people from the FGFC than Visions).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could anyone else explain to me why Sinner's Vengeance is harder than Chiasm? I don't really feel like I've had a logical answer yet, and it just really doesn't make sense that you guys think SV is harder. I'm just wondering what your reasoning is.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mazegeek999PSN wrote:
Could anyone else explain to me why Sinner's Vengeance is harder than Chiasm? I don't really feel like I've had a logical answer yet, and it just really doesn't make sense that you guys think SV is harder. I'm just wondering what your reasoning is.

The "Intro B" section contains a very fast roll (upwards of 17NPS I think) with 6 kicks in fast groups of two, and I believe that every single kick falls between the notes in the roll (correct me if I'm wrong). Combine that with the RB engine and you get BLEH.

Blakeison2112  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with maze on this one Chiasm is prolly harder then SV
mazegeek999PSN  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyclopsDragon wrote:
mazegeek999PSN wrote:

The "Intro B" section contains a very fast roll (upwards of 17NPS I think) with 6 kicks in fast groups of two, and I believe that every single kick falls between the notes in the roll (correct me if I'm wrong). Combine that with the RB engine and you get BLEH.

Right. What I'm confused about though is that Chiasm has more broken kicks (around twice as many) PLUS a bunch of other dumb spots. Some of them are late into the song, not to mention a very chokeable outro. The roll in SV is fast but there are plenty of people that could hit it (based on what they're capable of in other videos). Believe me, I doubt it's the speed for people like Carson that's a problem.
That's not saying that the kicks in SV aren't hard; they are, very. I just do not see how, with all the other crazy parts in Chiasm (that last the whole song) SV tops Chiasm with that intro and a couple other kicks later, but early into the song. If I remember correctly there isn't anything else hard in SV.

Something I wrote earlier in reply to Carson that might help incase you didn't see it:

"I understand why simply counting the number of broken kicks doesn't determine the difficulty of the song. However, Chiasm has more (about twice as more) PLUS more crazy stuff throughout the song. Also I have told you this, but with those quint rolls you can start on your left hand, do natural sticking and do one double-right on the last two greens. One. You've done triple strokes in TCE, I don't really see how the rolls (the rolls, not with the kicks) can be too hard for you. Yes, they speed up, and that's probably the hardest part of it, but muscle memory can take care of that with time (I would know this, I deal with annoying speed-ups on an even more critical engine, pro keys.).
Also you're saying that SV is 17nps, which I'm sure it is, but you're not saying how fast Chiasm is. [There may not be a part] as fast as SV, but it's definitely close. And again, with all the stupid parts in Chiasm, it's safe to say a couple nps difference won't really make or break the difficulty."

Also thanks Blake.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, let's just say for a moment that Solo 2D is the most difficult broken section in Chiasm. While the speed of the roll is a problem (and Chiasm's Solo 2D roll is at least as fast as SV), I think that the biggest problem is the concentration of the kicks, along with the weird division of them. In Chiasm, both the kicks and the rolls are, individually, very simple rhythms. It's a weird polyrhythm when you put them together, but they're consistent. As well, the kicks are the exact same speed for the entirety of the fill. In Sinner's Vengeance, however, the kicks aren't spaced perfectly evenly. Starting from the green before the kicks, the spacing is GOGOG G GOGOG G GOGOG G (GO). Not only is this much harder to discern and play precisely at high speeds, but there's no easy way to keep on beat with it, because this is a rubato fill, not a section with an obvious beat. While Chiasm's broken sections are mainly a matter of muscle memory and limb independence with some precision (at least, that's how I see it), Sinner's Vengeance is an issue of such incredible precision that I would personally say it really does beat out Chiasm in terms of how much the broken fills affect its FC difficulty.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: