FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Top 100 Hardest Drum FCs - February 18th Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iHomer  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuppetMaster9 wrote:
Descend into the Eternal Pits is way too low. That's top 25 easily.

Moved it up a bit, but I don't think it should go further than that. The blasts are very fast, but only have 1 foot charted.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuppetMaster9 wrote:
Also, would Back from the Dead and Fear of the Dark fit anywhere here?
I think FotD and Run Through The Jungle should switch.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
BLABLAFU  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About This Round's On Me:

It is easier than Faux King Christ (#71)

It is definitely harder than On The Backs of Angels. (#85)

The referencing songs are 2 songs that I played a lot and know the charts of. I honestly can't say if I think it is harder or easier than Visions.

That's all just my opinion, and I am in no way an expert at judging difficulties of songs, so I may be completely off here.

tl;dr: I think it would fit at around 80.

Another song that might be good to add is Devil's Boulevard (but I can't seem to find a full video of it). It is a rather short song but has 2 extremely long roll fills (One can be seen in the video at 1:16)
HomelessCarl  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

watn is a bit more difficult to fc than ytwdwy,
and i would say megalodon is significantly more difficult that run through the jungle.
where's iron maiden (live)?

also i would put Homecoming was just fced, some people would call paulo fcing it debatable.

My RB Accomplishments/Banners

THIS DOESN'T LEAVE THIS SIG TILL HARMONIX PUTS KARN EVIL 9 IN RB3.
iHomer  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated, Megalodon and RttJ were knocked off the list completely.

HomelessCarl wrote:
watn is a bit more difficult to fc than ytwdwy

I would have to disagree with this, since you literally need a snare with a rim, and the ability to gravity blast extremely accurately, which no one on Rock Band has been able to do so far, not to mention it's at the end of what is already an insane song. However, if there are more people that think this I will switch them. [/quote]

HomelessCarl wrote:
also i would put Homecoming was just fced, some people would call paulo fcing it debatable.

An FC is an FC, the only debatable one here is WaHNtHaC as to who got it first, which is why I put FCed to not cause any headaches. There's no real proof that he even used the cymbal glitch either. However, people previously abused the pause "trick" before it was patched, and that was certainly not accepted as an FC, so I'm not too sure what to do with this.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For YTWDWY vs. WatN, I would say the latter is a teensy bit harder, although I'd still like to see someone try the method of trying to hit the yellows with your foot.
HomelessCarl  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iHomer wrote:
Updated, Megalodon and RttJ were knocked off the list completely.

HomelessCarl wrote:
watn is a bit more difficult to fc than ytwdwy

I would have to disagree with this, since you literally need a snare with a rim, and the ability to gravity blast extremely accurately, which no one on Rock Band has been able to do so far, not to mention it's at the end of what is already an insane song. However, if there are more people that think this I will switch them.

HomelessCarl wrote:

as far as watn goes, it's moderately difficult for most of the community to manage to pass this song, 5 star is significantly difficult, and so far no one has even gold starred it.
Our good pal Ross, has managed to fc basically the first half of ytwdwy, and while i do recognize that the ending requires the ability to do the free-hand technique which not many can accomplish at that speed or with their setups, I will say that there are significantly faster blasts in watn, there are odd patterns mixing bass and a simple ride-snare pattern that (iirc) no one has fced, and many other parts that can easily contribute to it being one of the hardest theoretically possible fcs up next to ymb.

as for the homecoming discussion, people were extremely skeptical about paulo's legitimacy in this matter, some people saying you can't end in 85 in a pro drums fc (whether it's pro or not), the picture of proof itself looks sketchy where you can see some parts of the picture appearing to be pasted on, or laid on top of another photo.
long story short; it's a sketchy and debatable picture, and if you really want to avoid a headache, then just put "FC'd". I'm not sure who else may argue it's debatable, but i sure will.

My RB Accomplishments/Banners

THIS DOESN'T LEAVE THIS SIG TILL HARMONIX PUTS KARN EVIL 9 IN RB3.
iHomer  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HomelessCarl wrote:
as far as watn goes, it's moderately difficult for most of the community to manage to pass this song, 5 star is significantly difficult, and so far no one has even gold starred it.
Our good pal Ross, has managed to fc basically the first half of ytwdwy, and while i do recognize that the ending requires the ability to do the free-hand technique which not many can accomplish at that speed or with their setups, I will say that there are significantly faster blasts in watn, there are odd patterns mixing bass and a simple ride-snare pattern that (iirc) no one has fced, and many other parts that can easily contribute to it being one of the hardest theoretically possible fcs up next to ymb.

as for the homecoming discussion, people were extremely skeptical about paulo's legitimacy in this matter, some people saying you can't end in 85 in a pro drums fc (whether it's pro or not), the picture of proof itself looks sketchy where you can see some parts of the picture appearing to be pasted on, or laid on top of another photo.
long story short; it's a sketchy and debatable picture, and if you really want to avoid a headache, then just put "FC'd". I'm not sure who else may argue it's debatable, but i sure will.

I'll put Homecoming as FC'd since we don't even have the true picture of it. As for 2/3, once more people weigh in we can make a better decision I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a video of This Round's on Me for discussion on that matter.

WatN vs. YTWDWY seems a bit like the regular debates that happen in the guitar thread with the top three songs. They're both so insane that it's sort of hard to declare on to be harder.

YTWDWY is a particularly odd case because there's actually a question of what techniques you'd even use to hit it. It seems like with pretty much every other song on this list, even YMB, unless someone comes up with something really weird, we basically know what has to be done to FC the song, it's just really, really hard. With the gravity blasts, there's some question as to what sort of techniques or equipment are required to even make it possible. It's not just a matter of getting really good at it, someone needs to actually figure it out, and we don't know how hard to execute the technique will actually be when they do (although we can pretty much guarantee it'll be really damn hard).
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the last post, but I figured since it's been a few days I'd make a new post rather than edit my old one so people know that something new has been added.

Someone better than me should probably check out Baptised by Code Alementarius. It's got a very long gravity blast with fairly fast bass under it in the middle. Not TWDWY speeds or anything, but it seemed like it might be comparable to the one near the end of Ziltoidia Attaxx!! I'm bad at estimating speeds though, all I could tell was that the bass and snare were both faster than I can do with one foot/left hand.
qwertpoiu  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some songs that may be worth considering for the list that are kind of old and have a few fc's but are still pretty hard and might be worthy of a spot lower on the list

You Ain't No Family- crazy polyrhythms at the end of a modestly hard song
Attitude Song- Some really unique fills and beats that are quite fast
N.A.T.G.O.D- tricky double kick fills and blasts at the end
Living in a Whirlwind-fast paced with blasts and choke able drum solo
Uncivilized- High overall difficulty

I also think creatures ov deception is quite overrated, it doesn't really have any insane fill, and the only really hard part is that wtf beat. Players have been able to combo it for months and considering it is such a short song I was surprised to see it take as long as it did for someone to grind out the fc. Still a hard song but not as hard as the songs around it I suspect low thirties to be more appropriate.
redskinsrock2689  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HomelessCarl wrote:

as for the homecoming discussion, people were extremely skeptical about paulo's legitimacy in this matter, some people saying you can't end in 85 in a pro drums fc

I can confirm that this is not tru. It is possible to end in an 85 if you do not use all 3 cymbals.
www.youtube.com/redskinsrock2689
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Redskinsroc2689 PSN Name: Redskinsrock2689
iHomer  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If more people have thoughts on Creatures that would be helpful, as for the other songs listed, I'll have a full update soon. I've also heard the new songs Baptised and TTiTN Pt. 2 should be on the list, any thoughts on those would be helpful as well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Creatures looks fine where it is - Not exactly one to judge how difficult it is though, due to most RBN1 being unavailable on PS3, which includes Creatures.
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iHomer wrote:
I've also heard the new songs Baptised and TTiTN Pt. 2 should be on the list, any thoughts on those would be helpful as well.

Since I couldn't find one, here is an extremely low-quality video of the gravity blast I was talking about in Baptised earlier. Based on some unscientific counting in practice mode, I think the bass and snares are about 8.7NPS. The rest of the song seemed to be chokeable but not too bad at all unless there's something I'm forgetting. I'm nowhere near good enough to judge how hard this actually is, although it seems like if it does make the list it would likely be reasonably low, considering Visions requires much faster one-handing and Ziltoidia Attacks requires faster one-handing and bass (although for a shorter time).

TTiTN Part 2 seems really hard to me, but also falls into the "harder than I'm qualified to judge" category, and unlike Baptised there isn't one specific part I can point to as "the hard part" - like Part 1, it's pretty consistently technically complex and confusing throughout.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: