FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1/17 DLC: The Edgar Winter Group and Korn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not interested if there's no KornStep. Sho nuff.
At least my wallet gets a 2 week break.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
dragoninforcer  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really, what's with all the hating on Korn? I would personally love to have dubst--

*shot*
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psymatiq wrote:
korn is beyond boring to play... ived tried those songs as custom.. yawn...

Let it be known that not everyone buys DLC for the chart. Hell, I'd pay some good money for Neutral Milk Hotel in RB, even though not all of the charts would be particularly interesting.

While I'm not the biggest fan of Korn, I understand why HMX decided to give us some of their songs, and I can't really argue with their decision.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
I actually got to see Edgar Winter play Frankenstein live after the Rock Band Total Rock Total Rewards competition in Atlantic City a couple years ago. It was mind-blowing - and now we get to play it in Rock Band.

IIRC he also played Free Ride at that show, but Frankenstein was definitely the highlight of the whole concert, at least for me. Seeing Ringo and the other guys was pretty cool, too, I guess.

I'm not super excited about the other three songs this week, but Frankenstein will be awesome. I'm curious (as was also said above) how the guitar part will be now that it's separate from the keys, and more specifically, how the Pro guitar part will be.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My God, I'd forgotten just how awesome the drum and keyboard solos in Frankenstein are. Shut up and take my money, Harmonix!

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
Niall  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...FRANNNKENSTEIN

And I'll have to take out the GH1 cover version out of my head and listen to the REAL song now.

Also, didn't know they were the one to do Free Ride. Kaching-sold too.

KoRn? I'm over 40, I can very safely say they never meant anything to me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already done multiple times but it can't hurt to add it. XD

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Kratos  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danman1979 wrote:
on KoRn when at one time they were the biggest band on earth

No.

Get out.

Not even going to remotely attempt to be polite here.

Just get out.
dore  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does everybody get on such a musical high horse with Korn? If you don't like 'em there's no reason to deride others for liking them, because there's nothing wrong with them other than they're fun to hate on

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dore wrote:
Why does everybody get on such a musical high horse with Korn? If you don't like 'em there's no reason to deride others for liking them, because there's nothing wrong with them other than they're fun to hate on

It's not the band that a lot of people have an issue with. By all accounts, they're pretty nice guys. It's their fans. People like danman1979 believe that you're out and out wrong and/or in denial if you don't like them as much as they do, and they proceed to blast it as loud as possible wherever they're at.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
dore wrote:

It's not the band that a lot of people have an issue with. By all accounts, they're pretty nice guys. It's their fans. People like danman1979 believe that you're out and out wrong and/or in denial if you don't like them as much as they do, and they proceed to blast it as loud as possible wherever they're at.

Sure, but you've got other people at the other end of the spectrum doing the same, so

I'm not a particular fan of the band, but they do produce some listenable stuff at least some of the time. Yeah, it's not always musically complex, but not every piece of music has to be 20 nps to be good.
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kratos wrote:
danman1979 wrote:

No.

Get out.

Just get out.

Follow The Leader(1998) and Issues(1999) both hit #1 in America and Australia (FtL hit #1 in Canada and New Zealand as well). That's back to back albums reaching the top of the charts; FtL also went 5x platinum and Issues went 3x(in the US). While his statement is certainly doused in hyperbole, Korn was a HUGE band in the late 90s. You may not like it, but you need to accept it (and not be such a prick about it).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
Kratos wrote:
danman1979 wrote:

No.

Get out.

Just get out.

Follow The Leader(1998) and Issues(1999) both hit #1 in America and Australia (FtL hit #1 in Canada and New Zealand as well). That's back to back albums reaching the top of the charts; FtL also went 5x platinum and Issues went 3x(in the US). While his statement is certainly doused in hyperbole, Korn was a HUGE band in the late 90s. You may not like it, but you need to accept it (and not be such a prick about it).

Nu-metal was big in the late 90 just like grunge was big in the start/mid... it was what the mainstream wanted... that doesnt mean that its good. Nu-metal is boring when made into a rhytme game imo.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psymatiq wrote:
Nu-metal was big in the late 90 just like grunge was big in the start/mid... it was what the mainstream wanted... that doesnt mean that its good. Nu-metal is boring when made into a rhytme game imo.
Unless I just missed something, mystakin is saying Korn was an objectively BIG band, not whether they were good or not.

FRANKENSTEIN OMFG. And I will be getting freak on a leash.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psymatiq wrote:
Nu-metal is boring when made into a rhytme game imo.
I personally thought Freak on a Leash was fun in GHWT, and the Nu-metal stuff that's been on the RB discs gets picked an absolute shit-ton online.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: