FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12/31 DLC: Rush's 2112!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diablocon  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the plus side, no trill lanes and only one strum lane on guitar.

Some more trivia:

Tiers:
Guitar: 5/6
Bass: 5/5
Drums: 6/6
Vocals (2): 5/5

Guitar 5 star cutoff: 495k
Guitar Gold star cutoff: 730k

My final score was 793k with only 98% hit. I can't imagine how high scoring a Pro FC will be.
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing this song on guitar for a little bit. For those wondering, no; it thankfully does not having any of the squished, badly charted wankery that was present in the last pack. Here is how I would sort the top three hardest parts:

1. Presentation
This has what is by far the suite's hardest solo. The hardest individual part within it is a sweep pattern that - while one-hand-able - is very awkward. There's some odd HO/PO patterns throughout the remainder of the solo.

2. Grand Finale
This part has the medley's second hardest solo as you can might have already deduced, which is immediately apparent right when it starts, as there is fairly awkward pattern with strummed notes tossed in. There's also odd strumming patterns all throughout the portion preceding it and just before the ending.

3. Overture
Most of this song actually isn't too bad (heck, even the solo isn't that difficult), but the odd strumming patterns towards the end of this part make it kind of a pain in the ass to get an FC past.

So far, I've gotten a run where I missed in Presentation's sweeps, and missed twice more in Grand Finale's solo. I'll see if I can try FCing the song, though I'm not too confident considering it's... well, 20 minutes long.

UPDATE: WOW. I FC'D IT. THE WHOLE THING.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf17PUAFppg

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63

Last edited by PuppetMaster9 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuppetMaster9 wrote:
Here is how I would sort the top three hardest parts:

1. Presentation
2. Grand Finale
3. Overture

That sounds right. Overture/Temple of Syrinx I managed to snag an FC from, Dream/Soliloquy/Grand Finale I got 98% and Golded, while I got 97% and 5* on Presentation. The solo on Presentation is pretty tough, especially the latter part of the sweeps. But I didn't go ''Fuck, this chart sucks'' at all so I think it's charted pretty good.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeftrockX3 wrote:
diablocon wrote:

My final score was 793k with only 98% hit. I can't imagine how high scoring a Pro FC will be.

o_o

Easily 1 mil+ on pro-tar, most likely 2 mil.

I'm confused, why are those numbers so high? Thought it's 3 different tracks, or is there an option for the entire song?

Or is this just one part on pro?

edit: nvm, I guess there's a 20 minute option. How come everything i've been reading about it since its announcement was nothing but bawwwing over not having it as 1 track?

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
DeftrockX3 wrote:
diablocon wrote:

o_o

I'm confused, why are those numbers so high? Thought it's 3 different tracks, or is there an option for the entire song?

As the first post and the title of the topic state, you get all 20 minutes if you get the pack. 20 minutes in one song. And it has pro.

That's a 20 minute song on pro-tar. ...And Justice for All has well over a million points (Requires more than that to GS) and that's 7-odd minutes long so 2 mil for this doesn't surprise me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wii doesn't get the 20 minute version, so anyone "bawing" is most likely a Wii player.

Either that, or they didn't read the announcement fully.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just watched Splync and Co. playing 2112, I have two things to say.

A) That Presentation solo. Good god. Most difficult bit by far.
B) The ending. The BRE. Well, they had to edit the song to really make it a BRE. Shove a guitar chord in where normally it fades out. It sounds terrible, TBH. Would have been better to let a bunch of people just screw up their FCs or fail at the very end of the 20 minutes than edit the audio. I mean, it is only a chord, and it still is at the very end of the song, but it still irks me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only a single Double Awesome in the whole song, and it's the second verse. Even though Discovery/Presentation also has harmonies, even on its own, there are no Double Awesomes, meaning the regular and harmony charts are identical.

Also, since the regular chart has clappers, it scores higher than the harmony chart.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: 12/31 DLC: Rush's 2112! Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360 on 12/31/11, PS3 and Wii on 01/03/12:
  • 2112 by Rush (X) (360 and PS3 Only)

• 2112: Discovery, Presentation by Rush (X)

• 2112: Oracle: The Dream, Soliloquy, Grand Finale by Rush (X)

• 2112: Overture, The Temples Of Syrinx by Rush (X)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system January 18th)

The tracks will be available as “Rush ‘2112’”with all tracks available for purchase individually on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii™. Tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song. The 20 minute medley is not available as a single, it is only available in the pack.

Price:

$5.49 USD, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Rush ‘2112’” pack
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Home by Fear Without Reason (80 MSP)

• Johnny Ace 2010 by Dash Dip Rock (160 MSP)

• Hungarian Dance No. 5 (Brahms) by Paul Henry Smith & The Fauxharmonic Orchestra (80 MSP)

Song available for PS3 on 1/3 that are already enabled for scoretracking:

• Frankenstein Teaser Trailer by Richard Campbell ($0.99)

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
ElementOfZero wrote:
DeftrockX3 wrote:
diablocon wrote:

o_o

As the first post and the title of the topic state, you get all 20 minutes if you get the pack. 20 minutes in one song. And it has pro.

That's a 20 minute song on pro-tar. ...And Justice for All has well over a million points (Requires more than that to GS) and that's 7-odd minutes long so 2 mil for this doesn't surprise me.

...AJFA is just under 10 minutes. However, since there has been a score over 850K on guitar right now, just taking into account that Pro scores 2.4X more per note (not even counting chord complexity), that's 2.04 million with an identical path. Of course I haven't played the chart, but I'm sure there are plenty of power chords and barre chords, so that'll probably boost that by at least 100 to 200 thousand. After HellAshes learns this (which I pretty much assume he will after what he's done so far), we'll probably see 2 million or very close to it rather soon.

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
Prong1978  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that anyone cares, but the Hard guitar chart has 2,148 notes which is the highest of any Rock Band hard guitar chart. It is also (to the best of my knowledge) the first and only Rock Band hard guitar chart with a possible score of over 500,000 points.

I got 563,594 with a one overstrum 100% on my sightread (nothing of note difficulty wise).
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who thinks this must be a different recording or something? Up through Discovery, the vocals and just the sound quality of the guitar and in general sound different. Vocals definitely sound different on the Priests bit (though from Discovery onward it sounds like the album version). Not overly different, but I probably listened to the song at least 3 or 4 times a week for the last year, so I definitely noticed.

Anyway I played it once on guitar, and it was fun and all, but there was one solo part that completely caught me off guard. Granted, not like I could FC it anyway, but I don't remember the song being overly difficult on GHWOR (I actually remember thinking I could FC all 7 parts separately if I practiced a bit). Not to say which chart I think is accurate because I don't know, but that was kind of annoying I guess because the entire GHWOR chart was really fun to play and I wanted to have a strong desire to play it often in order to get the gold star. Maybe after I get decent again. <_<

And for some reason, I actually liked their choice to make the end a BRE. The ends of BRE's always sound a little awkward but the chaos of that moment with the band going crazy is just a cool way to end the song. RB animations tend to piss me off (with characters acting crazy during slow or dramatic parts or uninterested during big moments... most of all I hate that they never smile and in fact snarl most of the time, even when the song isn't badass) but this song wasn't really so bad for the most part.

Can't wait to try it on vocals and vocal harmonies. And bass of course.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks this must be a different recording or something? Up through Discovery, the vocals and just the sound quality of the guitar and in general sound different. Vocals definitely sound different on the Priests bit (though from Discovery onward it sounds like the album version). Not overly different, but I probably listened to the song at least 3 or 4 times a week for the last year, so I definitely noticed.

Henry's post on the official forums mentioned an alternate take but when asked for details he said he'd have to ask the audio team and I don't know that he ever got a response. I believe WOR used a live cut for Overture/Syrinx and studio the rest of the way, right? So from this I would speculate that the Overture/Syrinx masters were ruined at some point, and that the two games solved the problem different ways. Maybe the band found a "vault edition" take that GH wasn't happy with, or they didn't find it until it was too late for GH to use it. Or maybe RB took the live version GH used and cleaned out the audience sounds? I really don't know, but it seems from the last few years that the band/management have access to more early stuff than we ever realized based on the two vault editions, the live Spirit of Radio, and now this.
nextlevel88  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
I guess it sucks, but it's not the end of the world.

Correct. That doesn't come until 12/21. Unless of course you live outside the US, in which it's 21/12…

GASP!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: