FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12/31 DLC: Rush's 2112!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GarethPorlest24  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are the priests! Of the temples of Syrinx!
Ad134  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATTENTION ALL USERS OF THE SCOREHERO FORUM
WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL
WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL
WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a reason that the wii is not getting the full 20 minute version, and that is either because the wii cannot handle running it, or the wii download store somehow cannot handle it.
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you couldn't see this pack coming, you are:

1. Blind and deaf.
2. Uninterested in RB3 DLC.
3. Incredibly unintelligent.
4. Overly speculative of rumors.
5. Some combination of the above.

Either way, this couldn't be a better pack to start 2112. do you see what i did there?

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BathTub wrote:
60 minutes! How big was the file? I'm sure that's a bigger factor than simple run time.

70 mb with only guitar charted... would be x 4 or 5 times bigger with full band.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kratos wrote:
There is a reason that the wii is not getting the full 20 minute version, and that is either because the wii cannot handle running it, or the wii download store somehow cannot handle it.

It's probably the file size limit. Someone will inevitably attempt to run the Medley on Wii RB3.
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psymatiq wrote:
BathTub wrote:
60 minutes! How big was the file? I'm sure that's a bigger factor than simple run time.

70 mb with only guitar charted... would be x 4 or 5 times bigger with full band.

Even then, the Wii's internal memory alone is 512 mb. I use a 16 GB SD Card for my DLC.

I still doubt that file size is the issue. I think Nintendo's a dick and doesn't want us to get free DLC again (even though it's not technically free). We can still buy it as a pack, we just don't get the full song.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawnintendo wrote:
psymatiq wrote:
BathTub wrote:

Even then, the Wii's internal memory alone is 512 mb. I use a 16 GB SD Card for my DLC.

I still doubt that file size is the issue. I think Nintendo's a dick and doesn't want us to get free DLC again (even though it's not technically free). We can still buy it as a pack, we just don't get the full song.

Actually you can only use 256MB of that and Nintendo still has restrictions on how big a single piece of DLC can be. Content also has to copy to the internal memory first before it can be used, so it doesn't matter how big of an SD card you have in there.

They'll be addressing that all with the Wii U, but I doubt Nintendo is going to come back and update the system to run things from the SD card completely.
expertwin  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice way to end 2011. Or kick off 2012 in the case of PS3 and Wii.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
urikobb3  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now we're cool with 20+ minute songs, Octavarium plz?

On the serious side, I'll probably (surprise, surprise) pick this up. The Rush songs I've played have all been fun, so I'm expecting the same.
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm a bit late on this, but holy shit this is amazing! They pretty much handled the release of this PERFECTLY. I can't think of a better way they could have done it. Three separate tracks is way better than seven, and one combined track is the best! I'm a sucker for long songs in this game (I play songs like Obfuscation, Ghost of Perdition, and DYFLWD more than many others), and this is probably gonna be the best we'll get as far as song length goes. Free pro upgrades are just icing on the cake, especially when I had predicted that this song wouldn't get Pro because of how long it is. This is one case where I'm glad to be wrong!
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I truly do wonder if Harmonix will put in more extremely long songs in the future. I know there's quite a few that would absolutely make a killing amongst the Scorehero/RB forums crowd ala: A Change of Seasons by Dream Theater, Swim to the Moon/White Walls by Between the Buried and Me.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
A Change of Seasons by Dream Theater

I think I'd pay at least $100 to have ACoS as DLC, just putting it out there. It is my absolute favorite song of all time, and would be amazingly fun to play in Rock Band on top of that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
Swim to the Moon/White Walls by Between the Buried and Me
Just picking up the other half of this suggestion, I would kill for anything off of Colors, but White Walls is one of my favorites from the album. Swim to the Moon, being the 18 minutes that it is, is probably not as likely to make it into the game, and even White Walls at 14 minutes would probably be on the end of the spectrum too. However I'm not giving up hope that either of those songs could make it into the game, seeing as HMX has released The Abbey Road Medley, and now 2112.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carltheshredder wrote:
Nubnut wrote:
Swim to the Moon/White Walls by Between the Buried and Me
Just picking up the other half of this suggestion, I would kill for anything off of Colors, but White Walls is one of my favorites from the album. Swim to the Moon, being the 18 minutes that it is, is probably not as likely to make it into the game, and even White Walls at 14 minutes would probably be on the end of the spectrum too. However I'm not giving up hope that either of those songs could make it into the game, seeing as HMX has released The Abbey Road Medley, and now 2112.

I could see them coming to RBN, and being split like Veil of Illumination.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: