FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12/31 DLC: Rush's 2112!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Bront  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hadn't heard it before, but it sounds fun, so I'll snag the pack for the fun of it.

Songs: Just over 1000.
AbyssalShrimp  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
jawnintendo wrote:
NO NO NO

WHY CAN'T WII PLAYERS GET THE 20 MINUTE 2112 TRACK TOO

FUCK YOU HMX!!!!

I would be willing to bet actual money that it's due to some sort of hardware limitation, likely memory constraints. I'm also sure the 360 and PS3 are on the verge of problems. In band play, the console needs to track four people's stats, with charts that will total about 10000 total notes for twenty minutes. (Add in online play and the consoles need to deal with lag as well.) The Wii is most likely not capable of that, and that has to be something you know and accept if you stand by the Wii. If you can't handle your console's numerous limitations, I suggest you either learn to deal with them or change consoles.

Stat-tracking and note charts take a pretty laughable amount of memory space, so no I'd be extremely surprised it's that. The 4 or 5 separate 20 minute long music tracks being loaded, mayyyyyybe. Probably not.

It's more likely to be limitations on DLC content on Nintendo's online policies than actual hardware limitations, honestly. IIRC they disallow the same content doubling up. This is why it was impossible to have packs before RB3 (I assume it took the restructuring of the Wii music store to make it work), for example.
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet, they allowed us to get the 2 Bonus Ozzy Osbourne songs if we got the pack, but we couldn't get them seperately.

It's not hardware limitations; we got the Who Super Bowl S-Mashup, and that was 16 minutes long.

...maybe I should stop ranting on how much the Wii sucks. I know there's limitations, but come on. They did it for the Ozzy Pack like I said before. Why can't they do it for this one? Or better yet, maybe Nintendo needs to allow more freedoms and Third Party support for the Wii.

In any case, I'll probably end up switching consoles the rate this is going, and I apologize about my previous post; it was more of an initial shock than anything.

And sad to say, despite my HUGE love for Rush, I'ma pass up on this week's DLC.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, does anyone remember back when Working Man came out (I forget which version, probably both) and the thing people instantly said was that we had too many Rush songs in so little time and that DLC weeks were dominated by Rush?

And here we are now.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawnintendo wrote:
It's not hardware limitations; we got the Who Super Bowl S-Mashup, and that was 16 minutes long.

But you didn't get the Abbey Road medley.

HMXHenry actually addressed the Wii issue on the official forums, but I have to admit I wasn't fully paying attention so I'm not sure what the problem was. I don't think they would deny themselves revenue lightly. I'd honestly suggest another console at this point (and while I'm on PS3, if you're mainly a RB player then the 360 is probably the way to go at this point for full RBN and generally better treatment). It sucks, but those of us who started on PS2 had to do it at some point too.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Lame. What a weak way to end the year. I mean, who likes Rush?

Rush IS variety!

/Totally agree. This might yank me back into RB3.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player

Last edited by fUNC on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long time since i've been on these forums. Mostly browsing around and barely posting. But this thread, I just had to post in. Rush is one of my favourite all time bands, and 2112 is one of my most played tracks ever. Now RB3 comes and not only gives me 2112 in the 2/2/3 set, but also offers a FULL 2112, 20-minute track ?! I've never loved Harmonix more than I do now.... Oh wait a moment ! FREE PRO UPGRADE ?! WHAT ?! I thought I couldn't love them more, but II was wrong. Damn Harmonix ! You scary, with your great deals !
toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:

But you didn't get the Abbey Road medley.

That just strengthens the reason why 2112 was split on WoR

Also this is an amazing deal. If I had Pro Drums I'd buy it for sure.
Kratos  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbyssalShrimp wrote:
inv4der wrote:
jawnintendo wrote:
NO NO NO

WHY CAN'T WII PLAYERS GET THE 20 MINUTE 2112 TRACK TOO

FUCK YOU HMX!!!!

I would be willing to bet actual money that it's due to some sort of hardware limitation, likely memory constraints. I'm also sure the 360 and PS3 are on the verge of problems. In band play, the console needs to track four people's stats, with charts that will total about 10000 total notes for twenty minutes. (Add in online play and the consoles need to deal with lag as well.) The Wii is most likely not capable of that, and that has to be something you know and accept if you stand by the Wii. If you can't handle your console's numerous limitations, I suggest you either learn to deal with them or change consoles.

Stat-tracking and note charts take a pretty laughable amount of memory space, so no I'd be extremely surprised it's that. The 4 or 5 separate 20 minute long music tracks being loaded, mayyyyyybe. Probably not.

Yeah, you're right, its the 20 minutes of 4 character models tracked specifically to their respective instruments, as well as venue and crowd animations and lighting. Those take a pretty fucking huge amount of memory space.

You also speak as if loading 5 20 minute tracks and having them run at the same time wouldn't take much memory either. Seriously, look at what you're typing.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a time for both my guitars to die at the same time.
AbyssalShrimp  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kratos wrote:

Yeah, you're right, its the 20 minutes of 4 character models tracked specifically to their respective instruments, as well as venue and crowd animations and lighting. Those take a pretty fucking huge amount of memory space.

You also speak as if loading 5 20 minute tracks and having them run at the same time wouldn't take much memory either. Seriously, look at what you're typing.

Um, what? Character models are loaded for every song and they work fine, all that's specific to a song are animation cues so they're in sync with the song. 20 minutes of animation cues isn't actually that much heavier than 10 minutes of animation cues. Same for lighting. It's just a few triggers timed with the music.

The length of the song actually doesn't change much how heavy this is since the graphical engine has to be fully loaded either way, regardless of whether the song is 30 seconds long or 20 minutes long. It seriously doesn't make a difference. Audio is heavier since that's a crapload of data compared to simple cues to things that are already loaded regardless, but audio is fairly compressed for the Wii and as indicated by jawnintendo they did fine with the Who mash-up so that's not an issue either!

I'm looking at what I'm typing very well, I assure you!
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So freakin' happy for this! I still need to get the recent three pack as well, so now I have place to spend my Christmas money.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbyssalShrimp wrote:
Kratos wrote:

Um, what? Character models are loaded for every song and they work fine, all that's specific to a song are animation cues so they're in sync with the song. 20 minutes of animation cues isn't actually that much heavier than 10 minutes of animation cues. Same for lighting. It's just a few triggers timed with the music.

The length of the song actually doesn't change much how heavy this is since the graphical engine has to be fully loaded either way, regardless of whether the song is 30 seconds long or 20 minutes long. It seriously doesn't make a difference. Audio is heavier since that's a crapload of data compared to simple cues to things that are already loaded regardless, but audio is fairly compressed for the Wii and as indicated by jawnintendo they did fine with the Who mash-up so that's not an issue either!

I'm looking at what I'm typing very well, I assure you!

well so far i made a custom that was 60 minuttes long atleast the xbox 360 didnt give a shit... it worked fine. The Wii isent faster than a toaster but i still think it could handle a 20 min song tbh.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

60 minutes! How big was the file? I'm sure that's a bigger factor than simple run time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: