FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12/27 DLC: Fueled By Ramen Pack 01
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRiiG3RS  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Periphery, Paramore, Tesseract, Tina Turner, Daft Punk, Dew Scented, Parliament, Prodigy, Machine Head, Michael Jackson, ABBA, Amon Amarth...

And you know what? It's because I give everything a fair chance instead of assuming that because it has under 50,000 hits it's incoherent grindcore, or over a million hits it's mainstream crap. I do have favourite genres, but that doesn't mean the rest are awful. Believe it or not, some people genuinely don't care about music as much as you. They can stick on a radio, and hum along to a tune or chord progression that's not too challenging or that they've heard before, and not care if it's 80's Scorpions or Bruno Mars. That's why they don't know much about that particular flavour of sonic vibrations. Not because they're sheeple, boxed in by the music industry. But because they honestly don't care about what they're listening to. Disturbia? Why the hell not! Love In An Elevator? Bring it on! 2112? Aww yea!

And if you get the random dickhead telling you that (x) genre is better than your favourite, then they're the exception to the rule. They're just as likely to have a go at you for the make of your clothes, or your favourite 13th century battle.
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:
This just in, I want songs that I've heard over songs I haven't.

How does this qualify as news? I mean, I've already said I'm open-minded about listening to new things, what's the problem?

ShadoWolf wrote:
krisdaschwab912 wrote:
Well, then maybe you should *GASP* listen to them (or pretty much just about anything else) instead of living in the box provided to you by mainstream crony radio.

How can you just assume that my music taste is "mainstream crony radio"? I bet you have no idea what sort of music I listen to. I mean, sure, it's not as RAWR BRÚTAL METALZ WARGH as yours, but it's certainly an eclectic mix. To say I only listen to Top 40 stuff is just totally wrong.

At the same time, I should take this opportunity to thank SH in general, as well as rhythm games too, for widening my musical taste. Without them, I would never have heard of awesome bands such as Rush, DT, etc. So ignoring kris for a moment, thanks guys. Seriously.

So let's see if I understand this: Scorehero/Rock Band/whathaveyou have privied you to a lot of music you never would have given the time of day to, but you'd still prefer to get a DLC collection of *insert whatever thoughts you have here* pop songs? Right.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^

kris, why is it that week in and week out, you're the one that's complaining about DLC if it's not something you like.

And now you're the one calling someone out for daring to have preferences?

Mr. Pot, please meet Mr. Kettle.

News flash: It's okay to be more excited by a song you KNOW you like, than a new song you've never heard of that you're not sure you'll like.
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
^

kris, why is it that week in and week out, you're the one that's complaining about DLC if it's not something you like.

And now you're the one calling someone out for daring to have preferences?

Mr. Pot, please meet Mr. Kettle.

News flash: It's okay to be more excited by a song you KNOW you like, than a new song you've never heard of that you're not sure you'll like.

I've been out of bitch wars for quite some time. If I recall, the last time something like this happened was that Bruno Mars week a long time ago. And I see your point, but it's just something I fundamentally disagree with. Part of the fun in rhythm games, and in life in general, is finding new music to add to what you already have. That's why weeks like this are so frustrating for me, as it's just stagnance.

It's a conversation about opinions on DLC. All I was originally saying before this turned into a shitstorm is that I'm voting with my wallet, and I was hoping more people would vote on the same side.
jellyalv  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of liked this. I Write Sins Not Tragedies is the first song I heard from Panic! At The Disco, and Billionaire is famous and nice. The rest is pop crap.

jellyGHThread|jellyRBThread
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jellyalv
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
I've been out of bitch wars for quite some time. If I recall, the last time something like this happened was that Bruno Mars week a long time ago. And I see your point, but it's just something I fundamentally disagree with. Part of the fun in rhythm games, and in life in general, is finding new music to add to what you already have. That's why weeks like this are so frustrating for me, as it's just stagnance.

It's a conversation about opinions on DLC. All I was originally saying before this turned into a shitstorm is that I'm voting with my wallet, and I was hoping more people would vote on the same side.

I'm pretty sure your in the minority of what people want with DLC. Most people are looking at DLC to get songs they love or know so they can jam with stuff they enjoy. Finding something new can be nice sometimes, but I don't use Rock Band to find new bands. I've found very few new bands through playing Rock Band as I usually find new music through many other ways (Websites, Youtube, Blogs, Recommendations). Can't really expect people to just ignore music they are actually wanting in the hope that the next DLC will be something new AND something they actually like.
megallica  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

am i the only one that thinks that Billionaire sounds alot better by this girl than Bruno Mars?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking Splync's videos...Is that...has "Whore" been censored in I Write Sins Not Tragedies?

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

And so has "God" in "God damn door"

Ugh, well, that's ruined the song for me. Think I'll stick with the two songs from "Pretty. Odd.", thank you very much

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's actually the normal radio edit, sadly.

How Awesome GHWoR Is wrote:
Yeah they were. It's amazing how I had an almost naked lady rubbing her boobs on my head (I'm the drummer in the video) and I was like "Hey GTFO I'm trying to play".
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Checking Splync's videos...Is that...has "Whore" been censored in I Write Sins Not Tragedies?

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Ugh, well, that's ruined the song for me. Think I'll stick with the two songs from "Pretty. Odd.", thank you very much

Oh fuck this goddamn shit. Oh well, I'll probably buy it anyway because they did chart the cello to keys.

megallica, I completely agree with you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exxucus wrote:
That's actually the normal radio edit, sadly.

I thought that the radio had a "ssh" during the "whore" line, rather than that awkward gap, which is much better.

Though that may be the music video, I never heard it on the radio, only seeing it on music channels.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Oh fuck this goddamn shit. Oh well, I'll probably buy it anyway because they did chart the cello to keys.

That's another strike against.

Also I thought we were supposed to get Sublime with Rome... what a ripoff!
Fr0z3nD3m1s3  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably only get Paramore and Panic! At The Disco. This week is awful.

Last edited by Fr0z3nD3m1s3 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
MasterNobody wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Against what? *is confused*

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
blingdomepiece wrote:
MasterNobody wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Against what? *is confused*

I think he means charting something that isn't keys to keys is a strike against the song. Which makes no sense because 1) This is a modern pop song. Odds are the cello is synthesized to begin with, and 2) the chart switches to "real" keys whenever they come in. They only chart cello when there isn't another keys part.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: