FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12/27 DLC: Fueled By Ramen Pack 01
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:
PlexShaw wrote:
krisdaschwab912 wrote:
I genuinely hope so.

I'll take any of these over your "dream six-pack".
Seconded. I don't know any of the songs in your sig.

Well, then maybe you should *GASP* listen to them (or pretty much just about anything else) instead of living in the box provided to you by mainstream crony radio.

My point was that I'm hoping that this undersells to send a message to HMX, but that doesn't really matter, because that will never happen. We'll leave it at that.
Vicromano20  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one would love to see this pack exceed expectations. We need more straight up Pop in Rock Band. And I'm not kidding either.

There's a bevy of songs by Jessie J, Lily Allen, Katy Perry, Cobra Starship, and even Justin Timberlake that could work wonders in Rock Band.

I'll admit, as of right now, I live in a blinded stupor known as Pop music fandom. I have other genres present in earnest on my iPod, but it's just not what I'm listening to at the moment.

But the fact of the matter is, I love the stupidity of Pop music. LMFAO got me active, it puts me in a good mood, and it gives me something to talk about around people I would otherwise have nothing in common.

Now, I might get crucified for saying this, but Rock Band has more than enough Metal. I mean, I went into the RBN for the first time in ages the other day. Metal literally makes up like half of the selection of 1,6XX songs in the place. If that's still not enough, I give up.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
My point was that I'm hoping that this undersells to send a message to HMX, but that doesn't really matter, because that will never happen. We'll leave it at that.

Not sure what kind of message you'd be sending with a Pop pack that undersells.... if that really happened, that would mean "DLC in general is selling poorly" not "Pop DLC is selling poorly." I don't think Harmonix would wake up and say "This pop DLC isn't selling, we'd better feed in more metal because that's what our casual gamers want!"

The day that pop music doesn't sell in Rock Band is the day that we can start counting down til the end of DLC as we know it. To be honest even if it's not my cup of tea, I thank my lucky stars for weeks like this because not only does it show great variety in artists but it will surely bring in the cash for HMX to expand even further with other artists and continued DLC.

And honestly, we haven't gotten a week like this in Rock Band since May or June, where we got Lady Gaga, Maroon 5 and Bruno Mars, so I really don't think we're as oppressed with "crony mainstream pop" as you think. (Maybe it's a problem on the radio, but that's between you and your stereo, friend, I'm quite content with never turning it on personally )

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
ShadoWolf wrote:
PlexShaw wrote:
krisdaschwab912 wrote:
I genuinely hope so.

Well, then maybe you should *GASP* listen to them (or pretty much just about anything else) instead of living in the box provided to you by mainstream crony radio.

Because not having heard of six very specific songs means that someone has never listened to anything that doesn't receive radio airtime, clearly.

EDIT I was going to leave it at that, but then I realized that I've only heard of the first three bands and I haven't heard those three songs, so your comment can be directed at me as well. As someone who prides himself on the eclectic nature of his music taste, I really don't appreciate that opinion. Let people like the music they like. In essence, Wheaton's Law.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:

How can you just assume that my music taste is "mainstream crony radio"? I bet you have no idea what sort of music I listen to. I mean, sure, it's not as RAWR BRÚTAL METALZ WARGH as yours, but it's certainly an eclectic mix. To say I only listen to Top 40 stuff is just totally wrong.

At the same time, I should take this opportunity to thank SH in general, as well as rhythm games too, for widening my musical taste. Without them, I would never have heard of awesome bands such as Rush, DT, etc. So ignoring kris for a moment, thanks guys. Seriously.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, you guys are right. I'm just quick to assume these things because when I'm at my university, I always get into conversations like this at work:

"Hey man, what are you listening to?"
"Oh, some Devin Townsend."
"Who the fuck is that?"
"Well, Devin Townsend is a Canadian musician with a ridiculously diverse range of music, ranging from ambient flute music to some of the craziest metal I've ever heard."
"Oh, so he's a metalhead?"
"No. He does play metal, but it's so much more than that. His influences are all over the place."
"So what is he, some sort of screamo artist?"
"/facepalm. No. Listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emQWCnM5Km4 "
"Huh, that's pretty good. Who is this?"
"That's Devin Townsend. I just told you that."
"There's no way some metalhead could write and play something like this."
"You know what? Fine. What have you been up to all night?"
"Oh, I was just at some house party, getting my grind on."
"Oh? What was going on there?"
"Oh dude, they had my jam on. BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELL-"
"Shut the fuck up."

So yeah, my apologies. I pretty much have to be on the defensive all the time, because pretty much everything that isn't Top 40, country and Bon Iver (two of the band members went to my university) is dismissed as obscure and therefore unlistenable.

And NOW I'll leave it at that.
BassieJ  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mainstream. I always hated that term, that word shouldn't exist. It makes people sound normal or weird.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:
PlexShaw wrote:
krisdaschwab912 wrote:
I genuinely hope so.

This just in, songs that are not known are inherently worse than terrible songs that are known. There's now no need to actually listen to judge songs and instead we can just blindly throw biased judgment around. (Sorry for the overly sarcastic quip, that's just one of the worst reasons I've seen for discrediting someone else's wishes; purely because you haven't heard them).

Anyway, I won't hold my breath but who knows Sublime and Paramore might be fun as a drummer.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
This just in, songs that are not known are inherently worse than terrible songs that are known. There's now no need to actually listen to judge songs and instead we can just blindly throw biased judgment around. (Sorry for the overly sarcastic quip, that's just one of the worst reasons I've seen for discrediting someone else's wishes; purely because you haven't heard them).
This just in, I want songs that I've heard over songs I haven't.

How does this qualify as news? I mean, I've already said I'm open-minded about listening to new things, what's the problem?
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
uSound  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be buying all of the songs this week because I have a plebeian's music taste and never listen to anything that's not playing on the radio.
Ignore my avatar for like two minutes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:
This just in, I want songs that I've heard over songs I haven't.

How does this qualify as news? I mean, I've already said I'm open-minded about listening to new things, what's the problem?

Ya I see, I guess I'm just in the minority here being that I always prefer to get great songs that I don't know (with the exception of songs I die to have on rhythm games ala. Ghost of Perdition), it's more fun to get a song you don't know that turns out to be fantastic rather than one you've already heard a hundred times before.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a big pile of poo.

Some of them got like 117 million views on yt... ppl got no taste in music nowadays.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to reiterate, (early) P!ATD = woo
everything else (to me) = poo

And all "pop" or "mainstream" music is, is the radio trying to make their own version of whatever is selling. And it usually sounds like crap.
GarethPorlest24  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well unless the guitar tracks are really fun I doubt I'll be buying any of these songs.

I don't mind them putting stuff other than rock/metal in the game (even though it IS called Rock Band) as long as it's fun to play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: