FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12/20 DLC: Jimi Hendrix - 7 New Tracks, 2 Upgrades!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-B.O.D. wrote:
Sonic wrote:

I wonder how many of the masters HMX can use? I think we now have all the Jimi songs Guitar Hero had.

Still missing Foxey Lady (Live from Woodstock)

Oh yeah! How could I forget that song, it's about me after all.

So other than that, we have them all!

ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW!!!!!!
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
I read the announcement at work and said to myself, "Are... Are you kidding me?"

Granted, I've never been a very big fan of Hendrix, but even if this was more *Favorite band that already has double digit songs* I would have probably had the same reaction. I'm really craving some different artists, and I know I'm not the only one (this is not so much a complaint as it is a desire :P).

But have fun anyway, guitarists.

Edit: I must add that I would be interested in All Along the Watchtower, but that's it. I'm disappointed regardless. I'm not even going to risk getting burned at the stake by mentioning I like the Bob Dylan version better -hrrck! Gah! *dead

Not even Bob Dylan agrees with that.
R3venG  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh...more Hendrix. Way overrated.
boss1592  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL ALONG THE FUCKING WATCHTOWER

Damn, as soon as I get a stable XBL connection, I have got so much DLC I need to download, I can't wait to give HMX my money
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
GarethPorlest24  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for AATW and Voodoo Child. The former I've been wanting to play for a long long time.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
Mystakin wrote:
Trust me, I'm not bringing it up as a way to say "How dare you dislike this week of DLC!" I just found it odd that you listed your reasoning as "I want something new" when... you've been getting that on a pretty regular basis.

Yeah, the wording on my part was poor. It's not so much "I want more new artists" but rather "I want less of the same predictable artists" (which would in theory mean more new artists, so I guess it's both, but the latter makes more sense for my point). But that's a sentiment a lot of people don't agree with so I tried to present it as civilly as possible. I'd feel the same way if we got more Megadeth or more Foo Fighters, and I truly love both of those bands, so it's not an issue of music preference.

Hendrix will be a hit though and if there is an especially fun song I ought to check out even though I'm not a huge fan, I'm more than willing to check it out (since I'm not familiar with a ton of his music).

This seems reasonable to me. It's like turning on the radio and going "Sheesh, you know, there really are more artists out there than Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Maroon 5 and Nickelback. Oh look a new song with... Adam Levine of Maroon 5... dammit."

I'm not unhappy to see more Hendrix, but I agree that there is still a vast sea of worthy artists who would probably sell quite well and would do a lot more to expand the coverage of the Rock Band catalog.

Yes, thank you. That's a good way of putting it.

yakityyakblah wrote:

Someone beat you to mentioning that one, friend. I guess I'm supposed let Bob Dylan himself decide my opinion on the song. :p

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:

Someone beat you to mentioning that one, friend. I guess I'm supposed let Bob Dylan himself decide my opinion on the song. :p

You're also not allowed to like NIN's Hurt anymore, either.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voodoo Child. MUST GET.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: DSavior808 PSN Name: DSavior
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: 12/20 DLC: Jimi Hendrix - 7 New Tracks, 2 Upgrades! Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii on December 20th, 2011:
  • Long Hot Summer Night by The Jimi Hendrix Experience (O)

• Gypsy Eyes by The Jimi Hendrix Experience

• All Along The Watchtower by The Jimi Hendrix Experience (X)

• Voodoo Child (Slight Return) (Live) by Jimi Hendrix

• Dolly Dagger by Jimi Hendrix

• Freedom by Jimi Hendrix (OX)

• Angel by Jimi Hendrix

Pro Upgrades Available for Legacy Songs:
  • Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix

• Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system December 21st)

The tracks will be available as “Experience Jimi Hendrix Pack 01,” with all songs available for purchase individually on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii™. Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:
$10.99 USD, £5.99 UK, €8.99 EU (880 Microsoft Points, 1100 Wii Points™) for the “Experience Jimi Hendrix 01” pack
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Running For The Razors by Fake Shark-Real Zombie (80 MSP)

• Bang by Rockapella (160 MSP)

• Bow Down by Chrome Coma (80 MSP)

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

• The Grinder's Tale by Wrong Side Of Dawn

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3 (or will be when PSN comes back), and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!
ricecake  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Selkies" (single bass version) by Between the Buried and Me probably should be enabled for scoretracking, since it was authored by Rhythm Authors (the double bass version is already enabled).

EDIT: It's already enabled, just not listed in the announcement.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they went a bit overboard with the strum/trill lanes this week, but other than that they look really fun on guitar.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
I think they went a bit overboard with the strum/trill lanes this week, but other than that they look really fun on guitar.

Agreed. I don't mind strum/trill lanes nearly as much as a lot of people, but I understand the annoyance with them. However, outside of those, I honestly think these songs look like they have the highest-quality charts out of all the hendrix material. imo, of course.
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
FL4RE wrote:

Agreed. I don't mind strum/trill lanes nearly as much as a lot of people, but I understand the annoyance with them. However, outside of those, I honestly think these songs look like they have the highest-quality charts out of all the hendrix material. imo, of course.

imo the charts for Axis were best. This pack would be a contender, but strum lane doublets are just a big no to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: