FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12/20 DLC: Jimi Hendrix - 7 New Tracks, 2 Upgrades!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voodoo Child?.... VOODOO CHILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I kinda wish it was the S.R.V version but hey it all works.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's weird. It's Hendrix, which is great, but I'm really not all that fussed for some reason. I mean, I like Hendrix, and you can guarantee that all the songs would be a blast to play, but...eh. I dunno. I suppose I do need to get the two albums, which adds to something, but other than that...not really fussed.

Of course, if this was Pearl Jam, we'd probably all be in different positions. Of course, I still need to get Backspacer, too. I've said that I've been going to get it for well over a year, and now my PS3 is running out of space...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Heh, I figured you would post (I explicitly stated that it wasn't a complaint to try to avoid this, but it seems unavoidable :P ). I was all over Stevie and am generally happy with DLC picks. But for whatever reason this week actually made me say "really?" because I was just shocked or something, I dunno. I know we get new artists all the time as singles or through RBN, so no worries there, it's just kinda meh for me after a while when the big acts start to show up a bit too much in my opinion (and I don't think I stated anywhere that if it's not my favorite no one is allowed to like it, the opposite in fact ).

Trust me, I'm not bringing it up as a way to say "How dare you dislike this week of DLC!" I just found it odd that you listed your reasoning as "I want something new" when... you've been getting that on a pretty regular basis.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God damn it, we still don't have Red House or 51st Anniversary.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not hating on the fact that we got even more Hendrix, but WHY hmx, WHY did the one song i really want have to be live?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carltheshredder wrote:
Not hating on the fact that we got even more Hendrix, but WHY hmx, WHY did the one song i really want have to be live?

Because live hendrix is legendary hendrix.
Carltheshredder  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
Carltheshredder wrote:

Because live hendrix is legendary hendrix.
this is totally true, but i am an avid fan of the studio version

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
Trust me, I'm not bringing it up as a way to say "How dare you dislike this week of DLC!" I just found it odd that you listed your reasoning as "I want something new" when... you've been getting that on a pretty regular basis.

Yeah, the wording on my part was poor. It's not so much "I want more new artists" but rather "I want less of the same predictable artists" (which would in theory mean more new artists, so I guess it's both, but the latter makes more sense for my point). But that's a sentiment a lot of people don't agree with so I tried to present it as civilly as possible. I'd feel the same way if we got more Megadeth or more Foo Fighters, and I truly love both of those bands, so it's not an issue of music preference.

Hendrix will be a hit though and if there is an especially fun song I ought to check out even though I'm not a huge fan, I'm more than willing to check it out (since I'm not familiar with a ton of his music).

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
aknu  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling the live version of voodoo child will be the one from woodstock or winterland. Both are epic beyond belief so all is good !
CavScout  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aknu wrote:
I have a feeling the live version of voodoo child will be the one from woodstock or winterland. Both are epic beyond belief so all is good !

It says its the Woodstock version in the press release.
Perre  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how these tracks will be charted on guitar. I wouldn't say it worries me but I'm not gonna be suprised if it turns out horribly.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Mystakin wrote:

Yeah, the wording on my part was poor. It's not so much "I want more new artists" but rather "I want less of the same predictable artists" (which would in theory mean more new artists, so I guess it's both, but the latter makes more sense for my point). But that's a sentiment a lot of people don't agree with so I tried to present it as civilly as possible. I'd feel the same way if we got more Megadeth or more Foo Fighters, and I truly love both of those bands, so it's not an issue of music preference.

Hendrix will be a hit though and if there is an especially fun song I ought to check out even though I'm not a huge fan, I'm more than willing to check it out (since I'm not familiar with a ton of his music).

This seems reasonable to me. It's like turning on the radio and going "Sheesh, you know, there really are more artists out there than Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Maroon 5 and Nickelback. Oh look a new song with... Adam Levine of Maroon 5... dammit."

I'm not unhappy to see more Hendrix, but I agree that there is still a vast sea of worthy artists who would probably sell quite well and would do a lot more to expand the coverage of the Rock Band catalog.
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:

I'll just say "pretty much this". I can't remember the last time a DLC pack really excited me. We've had a couple of single tracks that I liked over the past couple of months, but the last time I was really thrilled about a pack was... um... *scrolls through the announcements forum* well I don't know, probably the Imagine album (come the end of next week, that'll be a year ago) but I still haven't got around to buying that so who knows. Before that, I think we're looking at the White Stripes pack in March last year. Something for the people who always spout "everyone gets their turn to be excited" to think about, I guess. And it's not that my taste in music is really narrow, as anyone who knows me should realise.

At least with this, Rush and Queen in a three week run, people can hopefully stop whining that we don't get enough classic rock.

Your music tastes may be diverse, but it's not like the music we've gotten over the past year isn't. It sucks that it hasn't synced up with your tastes, but I don't think that's really Harmonix's fault. Maybe we've had a bit more repeats than past years, but we've had plenty of new artists, and many of the artists we've seen a ton of stuff from (Hendrix, Queen, Rush, etc) are extremely popular, frequently-requested bands that tend to be very fun to play. Maybe we don't need this many songs from any one artist, but if we're going to get that many Hendrix and Queen are certainly reasonable choices of bands to get three large packs each.

Besides, there's always a pretty constant flow of new artists coming in through RBN if you're on 360 (it's metal-heavy, but I'm pretty sure there are still several new non-metal bands a week on average).
Sonic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY!!!!!!

JIMI!!!

I wonder how many of the masters HMX can use? I think we now have all the Jimi songs Guitar Hero had.

Can't wait to play these and then light my guitar on fire.

ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW!!!!!!
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonic wrote:

I wonder how many of the masters HMX can use? I think we now have all the Jimi songs Guitar Hero had.

Still missing Foxey Lady (Live from Woodstock)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: