FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12/20 DLC: Jimi Hendrix - 7 New Tracks, 2 Upgrades!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quakmybush  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
I read the announcement at work and said to myself, "Are... Are you kidding me?"

Granted, I've never been a very big fan of Hendrix, but even if this was more *Favorite band that already has double digit songs* I would have probably had the same reaction. I'm really craving some different artists, and I know I'm not the only one (this is not so much a complaint as it is a desire :P).

But have fun anyway, guitarists.

Edit: I must add that I would be interested in All Along the Watchtower, but that's it. I'm disappointed regardless. I'm not even going to risk getting burned at the stake by mentioning I like the Bob Dylan version better -hrrck! Gah! *dead

I'm with you, big meh for me
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Quakmybush
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy balls. Dolly Dagger! And everything else.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pack does look really great. Hendrix is usually great to play on just about all instruments, so it should be fun.

The song selection is decent. Would've still loved to see Red House since that wasn't included in Are You Experienced, but good all around.

I know the "big name" tracks here are Voodoo Chile and Watchtower, but Angel is where it's at for me. That's up there with Something (by The Beatles) as one of my favorite rock ballads of all time.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
Granted, I've never been a very big fan of Hendrix, but even if this was more *Favorite band that already has double digit songs* I would have probably had the same reaction. I'm really craving some different artists, and I know I'm not the only one (this is not so much a complaint as it is a desire :P).

Last week there was Volbeat (and BVB if you didn't know their RBN stuff). 3 weeks ago was Opeth, Trivium, and Starship. 5 weeks ago was Stevie Wonder.

You've been getting new artists... I'm confused why this is an issue. Now, if you're not getting new artists that you're interested in, that's another story. :P

I'm excited. Hendrix's drummer has never let me down, all of his stuff is mad crazy awesome so I look forward to it. No Pro on Voodoo Child is eh, but at least Purple Haze gets a legacy upgrade.

Heh, I figured you would post (I explicitly stated that it wasn't a complaint to try to avoid this, but it seems unavoidable :P ). I was all over Stevie and am generally happy with DLC picks. But for whatever reason this week actually made me say "really?" because I was just shocked or something, I dunno. I know we get new artists all the time as singles or through RBN, so no worries there, it's just kinda meh for me after a while when the big acts start to show up a bit too much in my opinion (and I don't think I stated anywhere that if it's not my favorite no one is allowed to like it, the opposite in fact ).

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
dragoninforcer  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: DLC of 20th December: Hendrix 7 pack Reply with quote

Quote:

• Jimi Hendrix – “Voodoo Child (Slight Return) (Live)”

"Thank you for your patience, your life is now complete"

CavScout  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love me some Jimi and Mitch Mitchel!
isaacindahouse  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!! That makes 5 weeks of consistently good DLC. I have to say I am very happy with HMX right now
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: isaacindahouse1
BathTub  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I will probably only pick up the pro guitar tracks.
Bront  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Edit: I must add that I would be interested in All Along the Watchtower, but that's it. I'm disappointed regardless. I'm not even going to risk getting burned at the stake by mentioning I like the Bob Dylan version better -hrrck! Gah! *dead
Not to burn you to to the stake (folks like what they like), but Dylan likes the Hendrix version better.

Songs: Just over 1000.
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very much yes for everything.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. Can't say I'm thrilled by even more Hendrix, but All Along the Watchtower is a classic re-interpretation.

Will of course buy it like I do all official DLC, but not actually the most exciting week (for me).
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Mystakin wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:

Last week there was Volbeat (and BVB if you didn't know their RBN stuff). 3 weeks ago was Opeth, Trivium, and Starship. 5 weeks ago was Stevie Wonder.

You've been getting new artists... I'm confused why this is an issue. Now, if you're not getting new artists that you're interested in, that's another story. :P

I'm excited. Hendrix's drummer has never let me down, all of his stuff is mad crazy awesome so I look forward to it. No Pro on Voodoo Child is eh, but at least Purple Haze gets a legacy upgrade.

Heh, I figured you would post (I explicitly stated that it wasn't a complaint to try to avoid this, but it seems unavoidable :P ). I was all over Stevie and am generally happy with DLC picks. But for whatever reason this week actually made me say "really?" because I was just shocked or something, I dunno. I know we get new artists all the time as singles or through RBN, so no worries there, it's just kinda meh for me after a while when the big acts start to show up a bit too much in my opinion (and I don't think I stated anywhere that if it's not my favorite no one is allowed to like it, the opposite in fact ).

I'll just say "pretty much this". I can't remember the last time a DLC pack really excited me. We've had a couple of single tracks that I liked over the past couple of months, but the last time I was really thrilled about a pack was... um... *scrolls through the announcements forum* well I don't know, probably the Imagine album (come the end of next week, that'll be a year ago) but I still haven't got around to buying that so who knows. Before that, I think we're looking at the White Stripes pack in March last year. Something for the people who always spout "everyone gets their turn to be excited" to think about, I guess. And it's not that my taste in music is really narrow, as anyone who knows me should realise.

At least with this, Rush and Queen in a three week run, people can hopefully stop whining that we don't get enough classic rock.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
aknu  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just came in my pants 5 times straight, jesus hot fuck pro upgrades too
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really interested in much Hendrix, though All Along the Watchtower is a good song that I might grab. Maybe next week they'll have some Christmas themed rock or metal.
Prong1978  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Along the Watchtower is my favorite cover song of all time and one of my favorite songs period. I'm definitely jazzed to add it to my collection.

For those not in the know, Voodoo Child is the entrance music for famed MLB pitcher and Guitar Hero player, Joel Zumaya! Woo!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: