FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12/13 DLC: Rush, Black Veil Brides, and Volbeat!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush is always good.
Volbeat I have never heard of so I may give that a listen.

But Black Veil Brides is weird, I've never heard of them before so I figured it would be worth a listen.
I have no idea how to describe the music, I mean it'll be a fun song on guitar I think but they look like a mixture of a glam band & an emo band, weird. I was expecting worse even if it isn't my cup of tea. 80 MSP is a good deal though.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The existence of Volbeat proves once and for all that metal bands are indistinguishable from Pokemon.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Volbeat_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush is nice.

Never heard of Volbeat, but seems like it will be fun.

BVB I know from playing their other songs on RBN, they're... ok? They seem like Marilyb Manson in a head-on collision with Underoath. Or something. Heh.
diablocon  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attention fellow bassists:

Get Caravan

Leave it to Geddy to give us our first song with two bass solos. Solos that actually feel like solos at that.
DragoonXD  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:

Get Caravan

Leave it to Geddy to give us our first song with two bass solos. Solos that actually feel like solos at that.

This. All of this.

Although The Man's Masterpiece has a very sexy, legitimate bass solo.

Mystakin  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:

Get Caravan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dYKiPL6Y8Q

First HMX DLC, though, of course. I'm picking up everything this week, all the charts looked baller( except maybe the one part of the guitar solo in Caravan... but the bass sexiness makes up for it ). Plus I have to pick up two of the 3 Megadeth songs in Rocksmith. Damn great week for rhythm DLC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:

Get Caravan

Fourthed (it's a word now), but I would also like to mention the really awesome drum chart in that song as well. Okay, it's Neil Peart; all the drum charts are great. But if this is indicative of their new album, I'm really looking forward to it.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: 12/13 DLC: Rush, Black Veil Brides, and Volbeat! Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii on December 13th, 2011:
  • A Warrior's Call by Volbeat

• Fly By Night by Rush (X)

• Caravan by Rush (O)

• The Spirit Of Radio (Live) by Rush (XO)

• Rebel Love Song by Black Veil Brides

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system December 14th)

The Rush tracks will be available as “Rush Pack 01,” with all songs available for purchase individually on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii™. Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:
$5.49 USD, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Rush Pack 01” pack.
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song for the Rush tracks “Fly by Night,” “Caravan,” and “The Spirit of the Radio (Live)”
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song for the Rush tracks “Fly by Night,” “Caravan,” and “The Spirit of the Radio (Live)”
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for Black Veil Brides’ “Rebel Love Song” and Volbeat’s “A Warrior’s Call”
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• India by Circus Circus (80 MSP)

• Bizarro Genius Baby by MC Frontalot (160 MSP)

• Pray For Plagues by Bring Me The Horizon (160 MSP)

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

• Hysteria by Aiden

• Break Free From Your Life by Design The Skyline

• Hey There Mr. Brooks (RB3 version) by Asking Alexandria

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3 (or will be when PSN comes back), and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

Songs now available for PS3 that are already enabled for scoretracking:

• 2nd Sucks by A Day To Remember ($1.99)

• If It Means A Lot To You by A Day To Remember ($1.99)

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:

Get Caravan

This.
One thousand times this.
I swear, Caravan is the most fun bass chart I have ever played.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...what the FUCK is that solo in the Black Veil Brides song.
I swear if anyone genuinely defends it this time, I'll call you a blatant HMX fanboy and tell you to GTFO.
You can hear obvious sweep picking in the solo and the idiot who charted it put it as tremolo picking. Same with the other fast parts of the solo. Like my god, they really need to fire that clueless asshole. He's getting paid to produce utter shite.
The spirit of Radio (live) has a messed up chart too, the intro riff is inconsistent & the end of the solo is a clusterfuck.
AND the solo to Caravan (guitar)...Man is this guy trolling?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HMX when charting Rebel Love Song

"lol wuts a hopo"

But seriously what the HELL were they thinking when charting that song? Sorriest piece of shit chart I've seen in a long while.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
ilblud91  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
I swear if anyone genuinely defends it this time, I'll call you a blatant HMX fanboy and tell you to GTFO.
You can hear obvious sweep picking in the solo and the idiot who charted it put it as tremolo picking. Same with the other fast parts of the solo. Like my god, they really need to fire that clueless asshole. He's getting paid to produce utter shite.
The spirit of Radio (live) has a messed up chart too, the intro riff is inconsistent & the end of the solo is a clusterfuck.

As much as I love all three songs, I cannot disagree with you in the slightest. I could FC all three of these if it wasn't for the stupidly charted solos.
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:

I said the same thing about Rebel Love Song but in the opposite. All of the faster solos are straight runs of 16ths or 32nds or w/e the denomination is. There's no speeding up or slowing down, the guitarist is just strumming a constant rhythm and fretting. If they authored it without the strums, people would be complaining that it's undercharted because they hear more notes. If you want them to just author it wrong so that you can have more fun, I guess that's your prerogative but there's no reason to expect them to do that. If you believe it's authored wrong, I could maybe concede the first double strummy bit but you can't really tell without stems(Remember how everyone though Afterlife was wrong? Yeah, it's not btw). The other, more difficult parts are obviously accurate. Again, it's just a constant strum pattern with fretting. I'm sorry solos aren't all hopos anymore. It must be incredibly difficult to use that other hand of yours, but I have faith in you to figure it out.

Spirit of Radio's intro is accurate if you actually listen to it. It's not Harmonix's fault that Neversoft got it wrong( or they used a different version ). There's nothing that hard in the solo, either. It's just not a sightread FC. 2 minutes in practice mode will get that ending down. Again, it just sounds like complaints because you broke your SRFC or something. I'm sorry Harmonix isn't going to make it easy for you at the expense of accuracy.

Caravan is legit stupid, though. It has the randomly speeding up strum bits that plague the worst of HMX's charts, and I feel that's indefensible. At least the bass solos are fine.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said I would, you're a HMX fanboy, and you're an unnecessary asshole too judging by the tone of your reply.

I am listening to the BVB songs solo now, The sweep is a SWEEP, not alternate picking. Also for the long fast part, I am hearing 16th triplet runs, not an utter mess of rubbish like what is charted.
The final part of the solo is probably the only part of the solo that sounded half correct, and even then it should really have been straight strumming instead of having hammer-ons in.
As for the rest of the song, other than the outro having the weird charting for the sweep, its fine. I have no problem with the majority of the song except for literally the completely random hammer-on in the middle of the chorus' (I think)...I mean why? Why isn't it a strum. Once again, stupid charter.

Caravan needs no explanation as you actually agree, but Spirit of Radio, for the solo they've actually charted the open & closed wah on a single note as 2 different notes. I mean why? It's been done in other songs too, and the ending of it is nonsense.

But yeah...other than you, I have yet to see a single person who actually agrees with the charting for the DLC this week. So whilst I am a fanboy for neither series, just admit that even your precious Harmonix do screw up. And since RB3 came out, they've been screwing up a lot more.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
As I said I would, you're a HMX fanboy, and you're an unnecessary asshole too judging by the tone of your reply.

I am listening to the BVB songs solo now, The sweep is a SWEEP, not alternate picking. Also for the long fast part, I am hearing 16th triplet runs, not an utter mess of rubbish like what is charted.
The final part of the solo is probably the only part of the solo that sounded half correct, and even then it should really have been straight strumming instead of having hammer-ons in.
As for the rest of the song, other than the outro having the weird charting for the sweep, its fine. I have no problem with the majority of the song except for literally the completely random hammer-on in the middle of the chorus' (I think)...I mean why? Why isn't it a strum. Once again, stupid charter.

Caravan needs no explanation as you actually agree, but Spirit of Radio, for the solo they've actually charted the open & closed wah on a single note as 2 different notes. I mean why? It's been done in other songs too, and the ending of it is nonsense.

But yeah...other than you, I have yet to see a single person who actually agrees with the charting for the DLC this week. So whilst I am a fanboy for neither series, just admit that even your precious Harmonix do screw up. And since RB3 came out, they've been screwing up a lot more.

Excuse me while I laugh at you okay I'm done.

We clearly disagree on this chart, so let's put our money where our mouth is and actually check it in the game. Background music down, 70% speed... what did I find? I'd say the sweep, which is sounds like to me. Could be they wanted to keep it a constant rhythm, or they just hear it differently without the metronome noise. As I said, this is the most debatable part because it is pretty messy. Perhaps they were shooting for intent, who knows. The author isn't exactly here to defend himself. If given the opportunity, I would change this. As for the later parts, there are definitely tons of the same note being strummed twice. Whether or not they align perfectly I can't really check cause I'm just listening to audio, but they're there. A messy chart for a messy solo, at least the rhythms are constant. As for the singular hopo in the main riff, it's a hopo because it has no attack in the song (It's a slide I think). It's not tough to strum through it, so if that HONESTLY bothers you I think you need to get your priorities straight.

Your arguments against Spirit of Radio are valid, but only in a "I'd rather it this way" sense and not a "this is horribly wrong" sense. I could make the same argument for how GH5 made the sections before the ending all chords(not that you're comparing it to GH's chart, just drawing a comparison point). It's a matter of taste in such a messy Wah-tastic solo.

Not that you'll listen to any of this since you've convinced yourself that your interpretation is perfect. So much so that you would say that EVERY dissenting opinion against you is fanboyism and continue to insist that when faced with a reasonable response. Yet you claim no bias of your own? Huh, it's so funny I could laugh. In fact, I think I will.

EDIT:: Also, I really enjoy this little back and forth.

FL4RE wrote:
just admit that even your precious Harmonix do screw up. And since RB3 came out, they've been screwing up a lot more.

Mystakin (in the post above that) wrote:
Caravan is legit stupid, though. It has the randomly speeding up strum bits that plague the worst of HMX's charts, and I feel that's indefensible.

It's almost as if you didn't read it... no, wait you did. In fact you commented on it in that exact same post.

FL4RE wrote:
Caravan needs no explanation as you actually agree

Must just be that gosh darn selective memory kicking in. Oh well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: