FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12/13 DLC: Rush, Black Veil Brides, and Volbeat!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: 12/13 DLC: Rush, Black Veil Brides, and Volbeat! Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii on December 13th, 2011:
  • A Warrior's Call by Volbeat

• Fly By Night by Rush (X)

• Caravan by Rush (O)

• The Spirit Of Radio (Live) by Rush (XO)

• Rebel Love Song by Black Veil Brides

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system December 14th)

The Rush tracks will be available as “Rush Pack 01,” with all songs available for purchase individually on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii™. Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:
$5.49 USD, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Rush Pack 01” pack.
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song for the Rush tracks “Fly by Night,” “Caravan,” and “The Spirit of the Radio (Live)”
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song for the Rush tracks “Fly by Night,” “Caravan,” and “The Spirit of the Radio (Live)”
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for Black Veil Brides’ “Rebel Love Song” and Volbeat’s “A Warrior’s Call”
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• India by Circus Circus (80 MSP)

• Bizarro Genius Baby by MC Frontalot (160 MSP)

• Pray For Plagues by Bring Me The Horizon (160 MSP)

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

• Hysteria by Aiden

• Break Free From Your Life by Design The Skyline

• Hey There Mr. Brooks (RB3 version) by Asking Alexandria

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3 (or will be when PSN comes back), and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

Songs now available for PS3 that are already enabled for scoretracking:

• 2nd Sucks by A Day To Remember ($1.99)

• If It Means A Lot To You by A Day To Remember ($1.99)

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!

Last edited by singemfrc on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quote was the best part, though the songs are pretty good too.

Don't know Black Veil Brides; sounds pretty meh so far. Edit: Same feeling from the Volbeat track tbh.

Last edited by espher on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RUSH! Aw, a live cut of TSOR? I hope it's a good one, hopefully the one off Exit...Stage Left. But RUSH! Hell yeah!

Also, I CAN HAZ 2112?! FUCK YES PLZ!

While you're at it, it's a bit of a shame we got Moving Pictures before RB3. I wouldn't mind some upgrades for legacy Rush with keys. We're missing out on the epic riff in Tom Sawyer, for one. The Camera Eye is half keys, half bass, and Witch Hunt has keys all over since it was basically a lead in to Signals. Even The Trees has some keys in the drum solo section, although it's probably not worth it just for that.

Speaking of Signals, there's a good choice for more Rush tracks! We already got Subdivisions, which is one of my all-time favourite Rush songs. The Analog Kid/Digital Man/New World Man trilogy is great, as is The Weapon and Countdown.

Shit, there's a lot of great Rush. Just bring it on!
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.

Last edited by DorkmasterFlek on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the one GH5 got was Live too but I could be wrong... with all the tempo shifts in that chart it certainly felt like it was live.

Yeah, 2112 confirmed by that hint, no doubt about it. Hell, I'd be very pleased with this announcement just for Fly By Night. I applaud you, HMX, these last few weeks of DLC have provided for one of the best streaks of DLC I can remember.

EDIT: Lol just saw Volbeat is a Danish band, I might have to pick that one up just for that.

Last edited by MasterNobody on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Master Nobody
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel Love Song and A Warrior's Call are $0.99 how long is it since we have had any songs being half price?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely hope the big news is 2112. Though I'm with everyone last week who said that even though Queen and Rush and similar bands with a ton of songs are great, I'd love to see more unrepresented artists who had songs in RB3 - Elton John and Chicago are a long time coming.

If the Live version of TSOR is the same one that's in GH5 I think it will still be quite awesome (makes me wonder if the original master isn't usable somehow?) That song was the elusive FC I was never able to get on guitar... always missed a stupid note at the end, maybe if the RB3 chart isn't too stupid I can try to FC it once again

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
DragoonXD  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volbeat yes! Even with the meh song choice.

Where is psymatiq to share my excitement?

Last edited by DragoonXD on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
Rebel Love Song and A Warrior's Call are $0.99 how long is it since we have had any songs being half price?

Oh snap that's awesome! Guess this week is going to be a full purchase when I get back. I'm pretty certain you'd have to go back to what, early 2010 with Dearest I'm So Sorry to see the last $1 song lol.

EDIT: Yep, Dearest I'm So Sorry was the last release-date $1 official DLC song on 5/14/10, over a year and a half ago. xD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I assume that's a Rush Pack, and not just three singles, correct? I'd go on the RB website, but it pretty much freezes my entire laptop while loading it, and has done ever since they changed it for RB3, so I just don't go on it anymore.

(If so, finally)

Anyway, yes, that is an amazing pack. Early, mid and modern all within three songs. It's like Sonic Generations. Only...it's a Rush pack. I just wish I had some money in my account. What I have I need to live off until I go home next saturday.

Alternatively, I could just starve. Worth it for a Rush pack + More on the way. Could 2112 be the first album since February? Or perhaps we'll get a Rush TP Disc. Though, honestly, I hope not as they just don't get released in the UK anymore and after what happened with the Country pack 2 songs, I'd rather it just be released as DLC.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie Wonder, Opeth, Queen, and now Rush (with the high probability of MORE rush!)

My wallet is not going to be happy if this continues lol
nextlevel88  

Ha! For a minute there I thought we actually got Stevie Wonder, Dream Theater, Queen, and Rush, all in a row-

Who says they save all the good songs till the holidays

P.S. Nickelback doesn't count cuz that never happened…

Last edited by nextlevel88 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
buttfaceninja  

Spirit of Radio!!!!!!!!!

My Rush wishlist is complete. Don't care about the big announcement anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Rush! However I am sad that SOTR is live, i wanted the studio version

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextlevel88 wrote:
Ha! For a minute there I thought we actually got Stevie Wonder, Dream Theater, Queen, and Rush, all in a row-

Who says they save all the good songs till the holidays

These are the holidays! Looking back last year around this time, we got Bon Jovi, the first Queen blowout, Billy Joel, McCartney and Lennon solo stuff, Beegees, Lynyrd Skynyrd...they definitely save big stuff for the holiday season. The recent batch of DLC, plus the promise of big Rush news before the end of the year, and the "relaunch" of RB3 by Mad Catz? Yeah, I definitely foresee more big stuff in the coming weeks, if only to push sales for the relaunch. Hell, possibly Elton John and/or Chicago since they seem long overdue, as several people have already mentioned.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider me one of the few happy that TSOTR is live. Normally, I prefer the studio version, but I'm assuming this is the same live cut in GH5, which was awesome IMO. Plus it gets us one step closer to finishing the game in RB, especially since this song was one of the most fun. The other two songs look fun according to the video on the blog, and it's always good to see songs for 99 cents, so I'll check those two out.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: