FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12/6 DLC: Queen Extravaganza Pack 02!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-stream over

Pack's up. I'm going to play through it on Guitar, then Bass, then Pro Keys on expert so people can see charts if they want.

edit: this is definitely a bassist pack.
diablocon  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FyreWulff wrote:

Actually vocals is the best instrument by miles on this pack. Everything is a blast to sing.

And one thing I got a kick out of:

Don't Stop Me Now, a karaoke classic that every child knows, is Supervision Recommended.

I'm in Love With my Car, a song about a man who's this close to having sex with his car, is Family Friendly.
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:
FyreWulff wrote:

Actually vocals is the best instrument by miles on this pack. Everything is a blast to sing.

Don't Stop Me Now, a karaoke classic that every child knows, is Supervision Recommended.

I'm in Love With my Car, a song about a man who's this close to having sex with his car, is Family Friendly.

And Bicycle Race is SR, while Fat Bottomed Girls is family friendly. The Queen song ratings are just weird.
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FyreWulff wrote:
diablocon wrote:
FyreWulff wrote:

And Bicycle Race is SR, while Fat Bottomed Girls is family friendly. The Queen song ratings are just weird.

It's probably because they say "Christ!" and compare religious beliefs to Peter Pan, Frankenstein and Superman.

BIIIIIIIIIIICYCLE!
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
xboxpro57  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:

Probably for the line "I'm a sex machine, ready to reload..."

GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the ratings even matter for any reason anymore in game? Unless there is a LEGO RB 2 coming up or something, I can't see how it really makes any difference what the ratings are since it's not like we could play these songs in LEGO anyways (unless parents would think twice about buying an iconic Queen song because of the rating on it? This boggles the mind)

Maybe there are parental controls in the game that I don't know about, but yeah. Weird.

I'll buy a couple of songs when I get home, it will be the thing that gets me through the day.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Maybe there are parental controls in the game that I don't know about, but yeah. Weird.

I'd imagine there is a way to sort out songs based on their rating since you can sort your songs by just about any other info the game stores, but I've never actually looked so I wouldn't know for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible to have RB3 only display Family Friendly, or only display Supervision Recommended, or only display Unrated (RBN) songs, or any combination thereof.

I imagine it's so you can easily activate "family gathering/church mode", and of course the data is there for any possible Lego RB2 or other game that would use the songs.

Of course, there's the weird situations where the entire RB2 export is marked SR (even all the Harmonix songs). Lego RB is the only export that is 100% Family Friendly - even the E-rated Country Track Pack 1 has songs that show up SR in RB3.
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DorkmasterFlek wrote:

It's probably because they say "Christ!" and compare religious beliefs to Peter Pan, Frankenstein and Superman.

BIIIIIIIIIIICYCLE!

The cocaine reference is also a likely reason.

Last edited by Quazifuji on Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They cut out the last 3-4 seconds of Don't Stop Me Now.

#FirstWorldProblems
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd been wondering what they'd do about the shortage of guitar in Don't Stop Me Now. Apparently the answer is 'absolutely nothing'. Thought they might try to contrive something out of the other instruments to give people something to do but, nope. So, probably one to avoid if you only play guitar. Or just suck it up and play the excellent bass or keytar charts.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Or just suck it up and play the excellent bass or keytar charts.

I really really wish Don't Stop Me Now had probass, it's so much fun.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
I'd been wondering what they'd do about the shortage of guitar in Don't Stop Me Now.

I thought they were going to use the version off the remastered Jazz album called Don't Stop Me Now (With long-lost guitars) which is exactly what it sounds like. It's weird hearing such a well known song with another instrument suddenly mixed in.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sightread the pack on pro keys (7 of 9 have them), Bicycle Race took two tries but everything else was a pass.

Seven Seas of Rhye is the most fun "hard" song. It's final tier but probably overtiered. The hard part is sixteenth note broken three-note chords, a bit slower than Roundabout chorus speed but easy hand positions. Rest of it is just three-note chords. Mostly white keys. I hit 89% on the SR.

Bicycle Race is a bit more all over the place with fast three and four note chords and lots of black notes. Once you know what's coming it isn't too hard to pass. Don't Stop Me Now is a similar kind of chord-fest, similar to the Elton John (the whole one song) and Billy Joel stuff.

For the easier ones, Show Must Go On is a bit repetitive but the chord movement is fun, Radio Ga Ga is probably the "song I like in real life that won't be fun in RB" because it's a lot of sustained "weird" chords. I'm In Love With My Car has under 200 notes, and You're My Best Friend is kind of awkward to hold combo on but not a tough pass.

Kind of a no-brainer pack for keyboardists although strict single-instrumentalists could make an argument for skipping Radio Ga Ga and I'm In Love With My Car and just paying $10 for the top 5.
BobDole  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd been wondering what they'd do about the shortage of guitar in Don't Stop Me Now. Apparently the answer is 'absolutely nothing'. Thought they might try to contrive something out of the other instruments to give people something to do but, nope. So, probably one to avoid if you only play guitar. Or just suck it up and play the excellent bass or keytar charts.

Don't Stop Me Now is definitely the worst in the "when the hell am I going to get to play" category, but a lot of these songs had me saying that. Fair warning for guitarists: this pack is fucking boring on guitar (for the most part--Seven Seas of Rhye and I'm in Love With My Car are pretty fun). I mean I love Queen as much as the next guy, but I just didn't have fun playing through this pack.

Also, Bicycle Race and The Show Must Go On both have annoying troll lane sections that will probably piss you off if you're trying to FC them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: