FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
11/29 DLC: Roadrunner Pack (Opeth, Trivium, Dream Theater), + Starship
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bront  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metalhead911 wrote:
FyreWulff wrote:
How Do You Sleep? by John Lennon is about the farthest I've ever seen them chart a fade out.

Come Together by The Beatles in TB:RB had them chart the full fade-out, but that could have something to do with the way the masters were presented to them.
That was due to them not being able to alter the songs. They also had the abrupt ending in "I Want You/She's So Heavy" that was actually a tape cut.
Exxucus wrote:
Selkies and I Wanna Rock both had fade outs.
I don't think that's Rock Band, unless they're RBN.

Songs: Just over 1000.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bront wrote:
Metalhead911 wrote:
FyreWulff wrote:
How Do You Sleep? by John Lennon is about the farthest I've ever seen them chart a fade out.

Come Together by The Beatles in TB:RB had them chart the full fade-out, but that could have something to do with the way the masters were presented to them.
That was due to them not being able to alter the songs. They also had the abrupt ending in "I Want You/She's So Heavy" that was actually a tape cut.
Exxucus wrote:
Selkies and I Wanna Rock both had fade outs.
I don't think that's Rock Band, unless they're RBN.

Selkies is RBN, and I Wanna Rock is definitely GH.
Exxucus  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:

Selkies is RBN, and I Wanna Rock is definitely GH.

HMX GH.

On topic, I'm seriously afraid and curious as to how OtBoA is going to be on keys, and to a lesser extent GoP is on drums, and IW is on guitar. The pack actually balances out the "star" instrument of each track rather well.

How Awesome GHWoR Is wrote:
Yeah they were. It's amazing how I had an almost naked lady rubbing her boobs on my head (I'm the drummer in the video) and I was like "Hey GTFO I'm trying to play".
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its O day......cant wait to get home from work.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its worth saying this is the first pack I have bought on RB3...and I don't even have an xbox. I'll try to FC all 3 songs around my friends house (Y).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two final tier guitar songs this week.

One is On the Back of Angels.

The other is We Built this City.

I literally just burst out laughing seeing Starship being rated higher than Opeth.

EDIT: Just played We Built This City. And I failed. You'll be happily going through the whole song, wondering why this is so highly tiered, then you'll hit the solo. It's easy, you hit that trill lane and you're already at 41%, this isn't that hard. Then the song makes you bend over...
R3venG  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The song still shouldn't be devil tiered on guitar. Afterlife is way harder throughout the entire song, let alone the solo, and that doesn't even get devil heads. HMX and their crazy difficulty ratings...
nextlevel88  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exxucus wrote:

On topic, I'm seriously afraid and curious as to how OtBoA is going to be on keys, and to a lesser extent GoP is on drums, and IW is on guitar. The pack actually balances out the "star" instrument of each track rather well.

I fear one-handed keys and one-footed bass. I think hearing all the extra uncharted notes will prove more distracting than usual and take some getting used to.

EDIT: Actually, the piano solo in DT was the part I worried about the most, and it didn't seem too bad. And the drums were no worse than Slipknot, so having the second pedal there and disconnected should suffice.

Last edited by nextlevel88 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextlevel88 wrote:
Exxucus wrote:

I fear one-handed keys and one-footed bass. I think hearing all the extra uncharted notes will prove more distracting than usual and take some getting used to.

One-footed bass should be fine. We have plenty of songs that have similar bass drum parts and they reduce perfectly well. The brief snippet we've already seen in the preview video suggests this.

One-handed keys, the only part I see a big reduction in is the breakdown into piano solo before the guitar solo. That is clearly a two-handed part played with a grand piano patch. The rest of the song sounds one-handed to me. Just, you know, Jordan Rudess one-handed.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
nextlevel88  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DorkmasterFlek wrote:

One-footed bass should be fine. We have plenty of songs that have similar bass drum parts and they reduce perfectly well. The brief snippet we've already seen in the preview video suggests this.

One-handed keys, the only part I see a big reduction in is the breakdown into piano solo before the guitar solo. That is clearly a two-handed part played with a grand piano patch. The rest of the song sounds one-handed to me. Just, you know, Jordan Rudess one-handed.

Yeah, I edited my post to concede that. And the piano part seemed so busy that it didn't seem too bad. You're right though, the rest of that song works fine, as someone mentioned before, when Rudess plays synth, most often he has his left hand on the pitch wheel, the effects switcher, the continuum, an iPad, etc…

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but the pack is apparently delayed on Wii due to potentially seizure-inducing lights on the Trivium song. It is the same potential problem on all systems but Nintendo has more stringent testing than the other consoles.
11thhour  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun fact: todays four releases bring the rb song count to 3,333. :O
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: 11/29 DLC: Roadrunner Pack (Opeth, Trivium, Dream Theater), Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii on November 29th, 2011 (Except Trivium on Wii):
  • On The Backs Of Angels by Dream Theater (X)

• Ghosts Of Perdition by Opeth

• In Waves by Trivium

• We Built This City by Starship

Pro Guitar/Bass Upgrades now available for existing songs:
  • Jane Says by Jane's Addiction (X)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system November 30th)

In Waves (and because of it, the Roadrunner pack) were pulled from Wii at the last minute. They are being resubmitted but due to the holiday aren't expected to hit Wii until early January.

The Dream Theater, Opeth, and Trivium tracks will be available as “Roadrunner Records Pack 02,” and all songs will also be available for purchase individually on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii™. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for “Roadrunner Records Pack 02”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Race The Hourglass by Audio Fiction (80 MSP)

• Dawn Of The Condoms by Ultra Saturday (80 MSP)

• Zombies!! (Coming Out Tonight) by Ultra Saturday (80 MSP)

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Ninja'd... I was writing my post as the thread was being moved!

We Built This City will be responsible for the highest number of fails on sightread on Expert guitar for this week.

Most songs with hard solos are at least nice enough to have an OD phrase shortly before the solo. This is not the case here... if there were only a unison phrase near the solo (for example, say, at around 4:27 or so), I wouldn't really complain as much here. But still, this is a stupid way to chart a mostly easy song with a hard solo.

All my Pro Keys scores are done with only the right hand touching the keys (left hand used for OD and touch strip).
Evidence that it's possible to play the piano line of Roundabout with one hand: 6:45
(She has more crazy piano stuff in her second quiz too!)

OCD: 70/83
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but the pack is apparently delayed on Wii due to potentially seizure-inducing lights on the Trivium song. It is the same potential problem on all systems but Nintendo has more stringent testing than the other consoles.
Just to clarify, Trivium is the only song that was actually pulled, and the ability to purchase the pack is consequently delayed, however the other two tracks in the pack ARE available to purchase individually in the meantime.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: