FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
11/29 DLC: Roadrunner Pack (Opeth, Trivium, Dream Theater), + Starship
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parama  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY

HELL

YES

YEEEEES

GHOST OF PERDITION

THE BEST OPETH SONG FOR ROCK BAND, BAR NONE

AND ONE OF THEIR BEST SONGS EVER

IN

THE

GAME

NOW?

OH MY GOD

DLC = BOUGHT

OH

MY
GOD

the one downside is that now I'll have to take my chart down, oh well.
and that's one of the ones I never made a video of either... huh.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though this pack really could have been a lot larger and better, it's still the best DLC HMX has released in a while, so I'll keep my mouth shut
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: isaacindahouse1
11thhour  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, after all that speculation, i bet no one saw a THREE pack coming, did they? Also, I knew what Trivium song was coming, obviously, and I love them so while it's not my first pick it makes sense on the whole keys issue, so I understand why it was picked. But then MOTHERFUCKING OPETH? I honestly lost all hope a long time ago (I think it was around watershed). The pick really only surprised me because, if there was Opeth, this year had Heritage and plenty of keys abound. But Ghost Reveries is like a snapshot of Opeth at their absolute power. It is their greatest album and Ghost of Perdition is the opener to end everything (see what I did there?) To the people skeptical, check out the entire album. It's a true masterpiece. I don't have my entire right arm and chest tattooed on the albums concept for nothing. "The devil cracked the earthly shell, fortold she was the one. Blew hope into the room and said 'You have to live before you die young'"
Benedettosoxfan  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've posted on these forums since George W. Bush was president, but I just want to say that OTBOA and Ghost of Perdition are the 2 greatest things to ever happen to the rhythm and music game industry in the history of the universe.
Now I have to buy Rock Band 3... :P

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Benedettosoxfan
Send me a request!
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sees opeth....i just jizzed my pants.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11thhour wrote:
Ha, after all that speculation, i bet no one saw a THREE pack coming, did they?

It's anecdotal and from a skype conversation, but I did.

Code:
The Anime Cow:  So, whats your guess on pack size? Gonna go with the rumored 9, or 7?
The Anime Cow: I hope for 9 obv
Mystakin: 3

We only had two songs confirmed, there was no reason to believe it was more than that beyond rampant SH speculation.

As for the songs, I'll have to listen to them. I heard the Trivium one and thought it was alright... but nothing special. I have a feeling I'll like the DT and Opeth stuff based on what I've been told about them... but we'll see. I won't be able to get to play drums on them 'til winter break, so that makes me a sad panda

And anyone who's disappointed in a 3-pack( which isn't a lot of you, but it bears comment ), I'll leave you with the same tip I gave Cow yesterday.

Code:
Mystakin: Trivium + DT is already a good pack
Mystakin: just get excited for what we know is coming instead of what you hope for :P
Mystakin: Since there's already plenty to be excited for

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy balls salad what a fucking pack! My favourite Opeth song from my favourite Opeth album. Any Dream Theater is good dream theater, definately one of the better Mangini tracks. Not too sure on the Trivium track but I'll still get it. and obligatory WE BUILT THIS CITY ON ROOOOCK AND ROOLLLLLLL.
Bront  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
Well I'm certainly disappointed...A 4 pack really?
No, it's a three pack and a single. Be more disappointed.

Starship makes this week awesome, regardless if I grab anything else.

Songs: Just over 1000.
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obvious DT is obvious, but it will still be a ton of fun. We Built This City is pure win though!
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
CNS  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something tells me the big seller here will be Starship. Mainly because it's a single and because it's friggin Starship.

Regardless, I would be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little disappointed in the RR pack. However, the DT and Opeth songs are epic in length, so we'll definitely get our money's worth come Tuesday.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am incapable of being disappointed in this pack based solely on the Opeth.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all surprised by the Dream Theater song choice, was almost a given it'd be either that or Pull Me Under. Shame really as I found the new album extremely weak compared to their previous ones (that and considering there's a new drummer, the way the album is mixed you don't even hear what he's upto most of the time).

It'll be a cold day in hell before As I Am gets released I guess

Still, DT is DT so I'll pick it up. Aside from that, Starship is an obvious pick.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This marks every band request I've put into the request site being fulfilled. It works!
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urikobb3 wrote:
Not at all surprised by the Dream Theater song choice, was almost a given it'd be either that or Pull Me Under. Shame really as I found the new album extremely weak compared to their previous ones (that and considering there's a new drummer, the way the album is mixed you don't even hear what he's upto most of the time).

It'll be a cold day in hell before As I Am gets released I guess

Still, DT is DT so I'll pick it up. Aside from that, Starship is an obvious pick.

It exist as a custom :P. But i agree weak dt song choice compared to their old songs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly disappointed by the fact it's only a 3-pack, but OPETH!!! OH MY GAH!!

Pro-Keyboardists are gonna have a ball on On The Backs of Angels...the piano interlude right after the second chorus =

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrMilksop94
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: