FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
11/22 DLC: Nickelback 5-Pack, 3 RHCP Pro Upgrades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
youhas  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uSound wrote:
But really, it's funny how quickly they have another big pack. I feel like their last one was recent enough, not like it was last week or anything but hey, it must have sold well so HMX scrounged up another

Didn't the first Nickelback pack come out last summer sometime? Like, a solid year-and-half ago? I mean, not like I was clamoring for a second pack myself, but it's not like they just popped one out three months back or anything.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
Bront  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
FyreWulff wrote:
Is that the fastest turnaround from initial release to a non-launch Protar upgrade with Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie and By The Way?

Wonder if the latest RHCP sales were not what they'd hoped for.
Wouldn't they be better than they hoped for if they got 3 pro upgrades this fast?

Chances are, they were working on them and just couldn't get them out on release day.

"How You Remind Me" is an instant buy. I liked most of the last pack, so I might snag this one, even if I'm not a huge Nickleback fan. I've got nothing against them either. Will give the songs a listen.

Songs: Just over 1000.
Bront  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:
Nickelback is under Roadrunner, perhaps after the positive reaction to the DT announcement Harmonix wanted to make it a Roadrunner pack 2. In exchange for a few more songs Harmonix agrees to help Nickelback push their new album with a pack.

Whatever people may think of Nickelback, I doubt HMX needs too much arm-twisting to put a 2nd pack out for them. I haven't checked rockbandscores but I assume the first one did pretty well.
I think only Lady Gaga sold better from that year, which is pretty good for a 6 pack.

BathTub  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that the Under the Bridge Pro Upgrade was leaked aaaaages ago, I suspect that there was a delay with finishing up the pro tracks more than anything else.
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, By The Way will be the first song with a Pro Bass solo.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerminX13 wrote:
Now I dislike Nickelback as much as the next guy, but christ, does no one else think that people take it a bit too far with the hate? Sure, you don't like them. That doesn't make them some kind of plague on society.

Damn.

Pretty much. It's not like they're the worst famous band in the world, it's just that their well-known songs either sound very alike (see the various things on YouTube where they've put two of them side by side) or are extremely irritating for fairly obvious reasons (Rockstar, When We Stand Together, etc.). I can see why that might put people off but I'm not sure it justifies such hate.

But then, as I said in my first post, that guy's voice is the dealbreaker for me so it wouldn't make much difference if they were the greatest band in the world doing exactly the sort of music I love.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
TerminX13 wrote:
Now I dislike Nickelback as much as the next guy, but christ, does no one else think that people take it a bit too far with the hate? Sure, you don't like them. That doesn't make them some kind of plague on society.

Damn.

Pretty much. It's not like they're the worst famous band in the world, it's just that their well-known songs either sound very alike (see the various things on YouTube where they've put two of them side by side) or are extremely irritating for fairly obvious reasons (Rockstar, When We Stand Together, etc.). I can see why that might put people off but I'm not sure it justifies such hate.

But then, as I said in my first post, that guy's voice is the dealbreaker for me so it wouldn't make much difference if they were the greatest band in the world doing exactly the sort of music I love.

Yeah, while I don't like them, you can't call them the worst band in the world. I don't think people honestly believe they make the worst music ever. That's not what pisses people off about them. It's the insane level of success that goes with it. I think for most people who hate them, they just make boring, bland, uninspired music, and I get that. It's not my cup of tea either, but there's nothing new about bands making such music. But somehow, they manage to sell ridiculous amounts of albums on a regular basis. That's the part that dumbfounds their critics and inspires such rage.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:

I don't think it's so much the music per say (although it is some of the blandest stuff on the face of the earth) as much as their personality. Chad Kroeger is seen as being one of the biggest egotistical, self-righteous, douchebags in music history.

Which in the world of the overprivileged and overly large egos that is the mainstream music business, that's saying alot.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt I'll get any of these songs except for Animals.

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
If only there were a like button for ScoreHero posts...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
Xepher850  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: DLC for 11/22 - Nickelback 5-pack plus 3 RHCP Pro Upgrad Reply with quote

hiddenzombie013 wrote:

Nickelback – “This Means War”

Was not expecting this at all. What a shot out of left field, wow. Consider yourself bought.

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: DLC for 11/22 - Nickelback 5-pack plus 3 RHCP Pro Upgrad Reply with quote

Xepher850 wrote:
hiddenzombie013 wrote:

Was not expecting this at all. What a shot out of left field, wow. Consider yourself bought.

Sorry for the slight off-topicness, but wow, you're still alive!

Where'd you run off to?

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
If only there were a like button for ScoreHero posts...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
Xepher850  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: DLC for 11/22 - Nickelback 5-pack plus 3 RHCP Pro Upgrad Reply with quote

DarthFizz wrote:
Xepher850 wrote:
hiddenzombie013 wrote:

Sorry for the slight off-topicness, but wow, you're still alive!

Where'd you run off to?

Not really gone, just sick of updating ScoreHero, really. Don't find it much fun. I still play though.

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
Bront  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:

I don't think it's so much the music per say (although it is some of the blandest stuff on the face of the earth) as much as their personality. Chad Kroeger is seen as being one of the biggest egotistical, self-righteous, douchebags in music history.

Which in the world of the overprivileged and overly large egos that is the mainstream music business, that's saying alot.
This is probably where my ignorance of most current events helps me. Outside of Durst, Prince, and possibly Lars, I haven't gotten that impression about most musicians beyond the normal "I'm a Rock Star, look at me" level of ego you'd expect.

Heck, I laughed at their "This Afternoon" video where the guy complains about "Nickleback? Couldn't you get anyone better?" or something like that.

CavScout  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:

Also, am I the only one who finds it funny that this gets announced just a couple of weeks after Detroit started a petition to dis-invite Nickelback from their thanksgiving day game as they'd consider it "an insult to the city of Detroit".

For the record, the petition got well over the required number of signatures, but the city's going through with it anyway.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Detroit-wants-to-disinvite-Nickelback-from-its-T?urn=nfl-wp11074

I don't think that was a shot a nickleback, so much as a wtf? This is the home of Motown and plenty of kick ass rockers have come outta Detroit. They want one of their own, not Canucks playing generic crap.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. I haven't grabbed DLC since May. Looks like that isn't changing anytime soon.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: