FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
11/22 DLC: Nickelback 5-Pack, 3 RHCP Pro Upgrades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:

I'll say what, though. I am disappointed that we haven't yet got another RB export pack. RHCP pro upgrades this week, Dani California & Black Hole Sun returning last week...I thought it was a sign. I do hope that HMX will just release a RB1/2 export mega pack filling in some of the blanks. We're only short 4 songs from RB1 (I'm including Monsoon from the EU Version, yes) and with Sabbath reuniting, being on GH and having both Dio and Ozzy on RB3, I don't see why we can't have a Sabbath cover shoved in an export.

I mean, I suppose there is only 9 songs to send over across both games (and 2 more to patch in) which is next to nothing, as well as the fact that 2 are covers and 1 or those is available as DLC as a master, and 1 is only not allowed in EU territories, and the fact that it's better off waiting until all of them are available but...c'mon. Please? For me?

I think at this point they're more likely to release Paranoid as a master if Black Sabbath agrees to it. They'd have to go just as much trouble re-licensing the cover as the master, so might as well get the master.

The issue with cover though is that the RB1 disc doesn't actually export it, so to make it exportable they'd have to actually go back and patch Rock Band 1, and I'm pretty sure that's a no-go at this point. Same with the fact that you're not really going to see the RttH cover ever relicensed when the master is available. They didn't relicense any of the covers-that-got-masters for the Wii, either.

Let There Be Rock is also a no-go due to AC/DC's opinion on allowing single songs to be downloadable.
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
DVDSmith wrote:
I think Metallica are still under Activision's thumb, considering their appearance at the CoD launch event last year. Personally I'd rather take a re-record of Paranoid than have the cover back - I know Ozzy's voice isn't what it used to be but Sabbath masters are hard to come by (especially for Paranoid's songs), and you'd still be getting Iommi and Butler in RB on a re-record. Hopefully the new album and Ozzy's established RB links will help us get more Sabbath eventually.

Having said that, I agree with the rest - WHERE ARE MY DIE TOTEN HOSEN AND OASIS HMX?

It is a pity about the 'tallica songs, but I'm not sure. I do definitely remember the insistence from Activision (or Neversoft) that Metallica, as a matter of fact, didn't suffer from the same exclusivity contracts that Aerosmith or Van Halen have but I suppose it may be more of an unofficial one or something along those lines. I also wouldn't mind having a re-record of Paranoid, but just for the sake of completion and easy comparison, I wouldn't mind having the cover again. Completion is also why I want RttH despite owning the master, and Blandsoon. Already have the other TH songs, may as well get the first one back.

Personally, what I'd love the most (and this will never happen) would be for them to remove (Original Version) from RttH's master on RB3 and, if you exported RB1, also label it under RB1 (and Tom Sawyer too, for that matter, and the Bon Jovi songs for their respective games). I'd love to have the "best" version sort with the rest of the songs on the disc. I'd also love for them to do that with a potential Enter Sandman (RB3 version) and Paranoid (Original Version). And yeah, it'd be great to give us back Oasis/Die Toten Hosen too (and Monsoon for the EU folks).

But yeah, I'm sure they wouldn't want to put resources into that (other than those blocked EU tracks), so I'll have to keep dreaming.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
DVDSmith wrote:
I think Metallica are still under Activision's thumb, considering their appearance at the CoD launch event last year. Personally I'd rather take a re-record of Paranoid than have the cover back - I know Ozzy's voice isn't what it used to be but Sabbath masters are hard to come by (especially for Paranoid's songs), and you'd still be getting Iommi and Butler in RB on a re-record. Hopefully the new album and Ozzy's established RB links will help us get more Sabbath eventually.

Having said that, I agree with the rest - WHERE ARE MY DIE TOTEN HOSEN AND OASIS HMX?

It is a pity about the 'tallica songs, but I'm not sure. I do definitely remember the insistence from Activision (or Neversoft) that Metallica, as a matter of fact, didn't suffer from the same exclusivity contracts that Aerosmith or Van Halen have but I suppose it may be more of an unofficial one or something along those lines. I also wouldn't mind having a re-record of Paranoid, but just for the sake of completion and easy comparison, I wouldn't mind having the cover again. Completion is also why I want RttH despite owning the master, and Blandsoon. Already have the other TH songs, may as well get the first one back.
It also may be the artist's personal preference. I know that Lars (And more importantly, his kids) are fans of Activision and the Guitar Hero franchise, it may just be that.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard a host of Dream Theater fans cry out in agony

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I'm calling now that Dream Theater will be released the week after Nickelback, due to this wonderful pattern.

Coldplay
Rob Zombie
Breaking Benjamin
Country Pack
Stevie Wonder
Nickelback

We get one of the announced 4 every other week.
Nuke39  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really a Nickelback fan, but I can approve of this pack more than the original one. Because that other one really only had "Burn it to the Ground" as a challenge and basically every song within that period if when Nickelback mostly got lambasted for their sex songs/ballads.

But this pack, everyone I know loves How You Remind Me, Someday, and Animals. I'm mostly just hoping for some tracks that are fun, but these songs have less of that polarizing factors because they come from Nickelback's earlier days. And this time, we'll get some good harmonies.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. Interesting that Animals should be released now, I would've killed to have that song a few years ago (Before I outgrew Nickelback). May pick it up solely for the nostalgia.

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
Also, I'm calling now that Dream Theater will be released the week after Nickelback, due to this wonderful pattern.

Coldplay
Rob Zombie
Breaking Benjamin
Country Pack
Stevie Wonder
Nickelback

We get one of the announced 4 every other week.

Nice observation. I can live with DT coming last, but it would be nice to get more than single bloody track after all this time.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
Ad134  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the great DLC we've been getting lately, this was only inevitable. Next week should be Dream Theater though, which will make me so happy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:
Nickelback is under Roadrunner, perhaps after the positive reaction to the DT announcement Harmonix wanted to make it a Roadrunner pack 2. In exchange for a few more songs Harmonix agrees to help Nickelback push their new album with a pack.

Whatever people may think of Nickelback, I doubt HMX needs too much arm-twisting to put a 2nd pack out for them. I haven't checked rockbandscores but I assume the first one did pretty well.

I think he means the other way around. Harmonix wanted RR Pack 2, RR wasn't too keen on it, so they're like "look. Fine. We'll do more Nickelback, that'll sell well, that'll promote the new release, you guys will be totally happy with it. In return, you let us do RR Pack 2, get some stuff for the core fans, keeps them around, keeps them happy. Everyone wins."
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fairwood wrote:

I think he means the other way around. Harmonix wanted RR Pack 2, RR wasn't too keen on it, so they're like "look. Fine. We'll do more Nickelback, that'll sell well, that'll promote the new release, you guys will be totally happy with it. In return, you let us do RR Pack 2, get some stuff for the core fans, keeps them around, keeps them happy. Everyone wins."

Pretty much this

Also, am I the only one who finds it funny that this gets announced just a couple of weeks after Detroit started a petition to dis-invite Nickelback from their thanksgiving day game as they'd consider it "an insult to the city of Detroit".

For the record, the petition got well over the required number of signatures, but the city's going through with it anyway.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Detroit-wants-to-disinvite-Nickelback-from-its-T?urn=nfl-wp11074
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
BathTub  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I will pick up the pro upgrades at least.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
Also, am I the only one who finds it funny that this gets announced just a couple of weeks after Detroit started a petition to dis-invite Nickelback from their thanksgiving day game as they'd consider it "an insult to the city of Detroit".

For the record, the petition got well over the required number of signatures, but the city's going through with it anyway.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Detroit-wants-to-disinvite-Nickelback-from-its-T?urn=nfl-wp11074
Damn, that shit's harsh.

Now I dislike Nickelback as much as the next guy, but christ, does no one else think that people take it a bit too far with the hate? Sure, you don't like them. That doesn't make them some kind of plague on society.

Damn.

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
Fairwood wrote:

Pretty much this

Sorry, misread it. I still think HMX doesn't require arm-twisting to put out stuff that will sell though. Nickelback was kind of the ultimate test of that, but once the first pack was out, all bets were off.
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure glad HMX decided to announce this shitshow two days early.

WITH THAT SAID, Animals could still end up in my library somehow, and This Means War is basically Nickelback's attempt at sounding like Five Finger Death Punch, which is a step up for them, what with them being a Creed rerun for so long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: