FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
11/22 DLC: Nickelback 5-Pack, 3 RHCP Pro Upgrades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reaction.

I guess this means I will have to pick up By The Way though.
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RHCP upgrades are cool, but why weren't these released with the RHCP pack like a month ago? Clearly they must have been planning protar upgrades by then if they came this fast? Unless the turnaround time on protar is less than I think it is.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
FyreWulff wrote:
Is that the fastest turnaround from initial release to a non-launch Protar upgrade with Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie and By The Way?

Wonder if the latest RHCP sales were not what they'd hoped for.

I was under the impression that it was the other way around - if a song sold well, it'd be more likely to get a protar upgrade post-release than a song that didn't sell well.

It's been roughly two months since the pack came out, and in a podcast they stated it's about a month to do a protar chart, so that sounds about right to go "hey this song sold well" and work on and finish the chart.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DorkmasterFlek wrote:
RHCP upgrades are cool, but why weren't these released with the RHCP pack like a month ago? Clearly they must have been planning protar upgrades by then if they came this fast? Unless the turnaround time on protar is less than I think it is.

They probably just didn't make the deadline for whatever reason and didn't want to delay the whole pack.
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUCK YES. I know I'm in the vast minority here, but I LOVE Nickelback and I am SO happy they're back in Rock Band. I knew their new album was out on Monday but I never thought that HMX would release Nickelback 02 after all the backlash that the first pack got (even though I loved it).

Also, Animals. Fucking ANIMALS. I've wanted that song in RB since the very beginning, it's by far Nickelback's best song. Such a shame RB don't do Expert+ though, because Animals would be perfect for it. Very happy with the other choices too - although I'm disappointed at the continued lack of "Too Bad", and I would have switched ITWYLD with Something in Your Mouth, but oh well. I'm just glad to be getting any Nickelback at all

Best week since Def Leppard for me. Seriously. Although kinda disappointed we didn't get some Daughtry as well - their new album also comes out this Monday and I've been wanting them in RB since their debut album.

thecaptainof wrote:
That said... This Means War sounds a bit different to, dare I say better than, their usual fare.

Most Nickelback deep cuts are that heavy, they just have the habit of putting out softer radio-friendly singles (I think Burn It to the Ground is the only exception). Definitely check out Animals, it's just as heavy.

Last edited by DVDSmith on Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeftrockX3 wrote:
In my defense, I think Photograph, or w/e it's called, is their best song. Did we get that in their last pack?
Yes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wBLu1lkVNQ

Huh, well that's interesting.

*is impressed*

I have no interest in Someday or How You Remind Me. If Today doesn't seem like my style, either. I might pick up Animals and This is War... though Animals is typical Nickelback sex lyrics, which is kinda lame.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh. I have no emotion for Nickelback. I'm sure that Animals will be fun, but I just...I just don't really care. I mean, I'm not even angry that there's more, nor joyed, nor disappointed. It's just...eh. There's another band that I have a similar lack of feelings for, but I just can't remember what they are. Which I suppose says it all.

Still, it definitely pleases someone, otherwise it'd never have been released.

I'll say what, though. I am disappointed that we haven't yet got another RB export pack. RHCP pro upgrades this week, Dani California & Black Hole Sun returning last week...I thought it was a sign. I do hope that HMX will just release a RB1/2 export mega pack filling in some of the blanks. We're only short 4 songs from RB1 (I'm including Monsoon from the EU Version, yes) and with Sabbath reuniting, being on GH and having both Dio and Ozzy on RB3, I don't see why we can't have a Sabbath cover shoved in an export.

I mean, I suppose there is only 9 songs to send over across both games (and 2 more to patch in) which is next to nothing, as well as the fact that 2 are covers and 1 or those is available as DLC as a master, and 1 is only not allowed in EU territories, and the fact that it's better off waiting until all of them are available but...c'mon. Please? For me?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
I'll say what, though. I am disappointed that we haven't yet got another RB export pack. RHCP pro upgrades this week, Dani California & Black Hole Sun returning last week...I thought it was a sign. I do hope that HMX will just release a RB1/2 export mega pack filling in some of the blanks. We're only short 4 songs from RB1 (I'm including Monsoon from the EU Version, yes) and with Sabbath reuniting, being on GH and having both Dio and Ozzy on RB3, I don't see why we can't have a Sabbath cover shoved in an export.

I mean, I suppose there is only 9 songs to send over across both games (and 2 more to patch in) which is next to nothing, as well as the fact that 2 are covers and 1 or those is available as DLC as a master, and 1 is only not allowed in EU territories, and the fact that it's better off waiting until all of them are available but...c'mon. Please? For me?

I think Metallica are still under Activision's thumb, considering their appearance at the CoD launch event last year. Personally I'd rather take a re-record of Paranoid than have the cover back - I know Ozzy's voice isn't what it used to be but Sabbath masters are hard to come by (especially for Paranoid's songs), and you'd still be getting Iommi and Butler in RB on a re-record. Hopefully the new album and Ozzy's established RB links will help us get more Sabbath eventually.

Having said that, I agree with the rest - WHERE ARE MY DIE TOTEN HOSEN AND OASIS HMX?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:
Very happy with the other choices too - although I'm disappointed at the continued lack of "Too Bad", .

Overall i think they are great choices but yes, I saw the title here and was like "oh god please have Too Bad", and well Im still happy cause I think NB are great. Hate on the generic type of music all you want, its still popular and I see no problem with it.

Great week!!!
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This only makes the Facebook announcement more oddly specific. Mentions Breaking Benjamin during the announcement and no Nickleback and Dream Theater is still nowhere to be seen. Seems like a lot of filler.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindless speculation time!

Nickelback is under Roadrunner, perhaps after the positive reaction to the DT announcement Harmonix wanted to make it a Roadrunner pack 2. In exchange for a few more songs Harmonix agrees to help Nickelback push their new album with a pack.

Also, I know Nickelback has heavier songs, but this is the first album I've heard them make anything approaching decent songs.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
Nickelback is under Roadrunner, perhaps after the positive reaction to the DT announcement Harmonix wanted to make it a Roadrunner pack 2. In exchange for a few more songs Harmonix agrees to help Nickelback push their new album with a pack.

Whatever people may think of Nickelback, I doubt HMX needs too much arm-twisting to put a 2nd pack out for them. I haven't checked rockbandscores but I assume the first one did pretty well.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:
I think Metallica are still under Activision's thumb, considering their appearance at the CoD launch event last year. Personally I'd rather take a re-record of Paranoid than have the cover back - I know Ozzy's voice isn't what it used to be but Sabbath masters are hard to come by (especially for Paranoid's songs), and you'd still be getting Iommi and Butler in RB on a re-record. Hopefully the new album and Ozzy's established RB links will help us get more Sabbath eventually.

Having said that, I agree with the rest - WHERE ARE MY DIE TOTEN HOSEN AND OASIS HMX?

It is a pity about the 'tallica songs, but I'm not sure. I do definitely remember the insistence from Activision (or Neversoft) that Metallica, as a matter of fact, didn't suffer from the same exclusivity contracts that Aerosmith or Van Halen have but I suppose it may be more of an unofficial one or something along those lines. I also wouldn't mind having a re-record of Paranoid, but just for the sake of completion and easy comparison, I wouldn't mind having the cover again. Completion is also why I want RttH despite owning the master, and Blandsoon. Already have the other TH songs, may as well get the first one back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: