FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
11/15 DLC: Stevie Wonder
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best week of 2011.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing week, with every instrument bar drums getting a final tier song (or in vocals case, three).

Seriously, going to be hard to follow up on this week.

EDIT: Just played everything on bass, and this has to be the best week on bass since, well, ever. Every song is varied, challenging and fun.

Last edited by diablocon on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOE2210 wrote:
It's both depending on your perspective.
Good if you like hard as fuck charts, bad if you want to have fun.

I can't watch the videos since I'm at work, but am I missing something here? How can the guitar for I Wish be that difficult? Did they chart some crazy horns to it instead? The horns aren't even that crazy. Is it just really awkwardly charted chord transitions or something?
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
Bront  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DorkmasterFlek wrote:
Hobo111 wrote:
The guitar chart for I Wish...

Does that mean it's really good or really bad?
It's pretty scary looking. I look forward to it.
DorkmasterFlek wrote:
JOE2210 wrote:
It's both depending on your perspective.
Good if you like hard as fuck charts, bad if you want to have fun.

I can't watch the videos since I'm at work, but am I missing something here? How can the guitar for I Wish be that difficult? Did they chart some crazy horns to it instead? The horns aren't even that crazy. Is it just really awkwardly charted chord transitions or something?
Unlike some of the other songs, the main riff is on guitar. Think of it this way. You only strum about a third of the notes, but you rarely have more than 3 HOPOs in a row, and you're all over the chart (I don't think I saw 2 notes next to each other that didn't change a fret). Outside of a solo, I don't think I've really seen anything like it, let alone an entire chart.

If I were to compare it to a solo, it's somewhat reminiscent to a slightly slower part of the insanity that is some of the Night Ranger solos (The the start of the second solo in "You Can Still Rock in America").

Edit: Betty and Me is a better comparison, just a ton of movement, though not quite as constant as Betty. Couldn't 3 star it on my run though.

Songs: Just over 1000.

Last edited by Bront on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the album version of Living for the City.
ToradtheIdiot  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keys players may not like it, but I would've put the horns on keyboard and the keys on guitar for Superstition. For years I thought that key part was a guitar, anyways. Still a good looking week, though, only possible dud being Living for the City, but I love that song so I'm picking up the entire pack when I get home.
omimann  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish looks amazingly fun on guitar in my opinion
Just a bit repetitive, and that hard part near the end looks unfun, but otherwise I might consider getting this one.

Superstition on guitar (or is it keys? eh...) is much easier than it looks with tapping the oranges i believe and you don't play for like a third of the song, plus I already have it on GH5.

Rest of the pack I didn't check yet, but i seriously never heard sir duke before

Finally, GEMA sucks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that certainly explains why Superstition doesn't have a pro guitar chart.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Well, that certainly explains why Superstition doesn't have a pro guitar chart.

This. Really disappointed in Superstition's chart. It's the I Want to Break Free solo all over again.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it really makes sense to complain that a keys part was charted to keys. Those of you who play 5-button can always just play the regular keys chart, right?
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
I don't think it really makes sense to complain that a keys part was charted to keys. Those of you who play 5-button can always just play the regular keys chart, right?

This is ScoreHero. We complain when guitar charts aren't as hard as they could be. Or sometimes complain that's it's harder than it should be. (I have no idea what the deal is.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that bothered me about Superstition is that it sounds like there's another keys part in addition to the clavinet. If that's the case, I would've charted clavinet to guitar, keys to keys, and nobody playing the horn part. Or Horn to keys as well.

But, I could very well just be hearing things.

Overall, a surprisingly great pack all around. All instruments have something good to offer in almost every song.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
The only thing that bothered me about Superstition is that it sounds like there's another keys part in addition to the clavinet. If that's the case, I would've charted clavinet to guitar, keys to keys, and nobody playing the horn part. Or Horn to keys as well.

I think keyboardists would be understandably pissed about an iconic keyboard line being charted to guitar and having to play the horn parts, whereas if you are a 5-button player you can play the song on either guitar or keys and therefore get the part you want. We got stuck with the horn parts for Ohio Players, so now it's your turn .
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:

I think keyboardists would be understandably pissed about an iconic keyboard line being charted to guitar and having to play the horn parts, whereas if you are a 5-button player you can play the song on either guitar or keys and therefore get the part you want. We got stuck with the horn parts for Ohio Players, so now it's your turn .

Don't make assumptions. I play keys and I LOVE when they chart horns. I fucking love the ohio players songs on keys.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
Quote:

Don't make assumptions. I play keys and I LOVE when they chart horns. I fucking love the ohio players songs on keys.

Wait, did you mean keys, or pro keys? Because if you like playing horns on regular keys, you're in luck. You can play the guitar part on the keyboard just like you can play the keyboard part on the guitar. If you love playing the Ohio Players songs on pro keys, congrats, you're really good. I found them both too difficult to enjoy playing either. Horn/sax parts on pro keys end up being a lot of fast chromatic stuff, usually with no chords unless they chart a horn section. If you're playing 5-lane, then you're free to love the charts whether they are 5-lane guitar, keys, or even bass, without having to adversely impact any pro keys players.

What you CAN'T do is play a non-pro keys part on pro keys, which means that if you have a song with a famous keyboard line, and HMX doesn't chart it to keys, the pro keyboardist is screwed. I think the same way you'd expect any famous guitar solo to be charted to guitar even if there is a rhythm guitar part going on, you should expect any famous keys part to be charted to keys regardless of whether there's also horns, violin, kazoos, or vuvuzelas playing in the background. It just seems fair and I don't know what else to say about it.

Last edited by blingdomepiece on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: