FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
11/15 DLC: Stevie Wonder
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: 11/15 DLC: Stevie Wonder Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii on November 15th, 2011:
  • Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder (X)

• Superstition by Stevie Wonder

• I Wish by Stevie Wonder (X)

• Higher Ground by Stevie Wonder

• Living For the City by Stevie Wonder

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system November 16th)

The tracks will be available as “Stevie Wonder 01” for $8.49 and will be available for purchase individually for $1.99 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and $2.00 on Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Angela Surf City by The Walkmen

• You're a Wolf by Sea Wolf

• Rollercoaster by Sleater-Kinney

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

• Apology Rejected by These Hearts

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3, and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

Songs now available for PS3 that are already enabled for scoretracking:

• Nothing this week. I recommend you all vote for Ultra Saturday because I want to enter scores for them.

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hell YES! That is an awesome 5-pack right there! Protar for I Wish and Sir Duke FTW! If you're limiting it to five songs, I don't think you could pick better ones. This pack makes me smile immensely.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome pack, but... only a five-pack? :3
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
spartancl44  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steeeevie! Excellent choices for this pack, only if I Just Called to Say I Love You shows up in pack 02...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 of those songs were "Oh, that song" moments. (Never heard "Living For the City", knew "Superstition").

These are going to be fun. I'm hoping they're awesome on Bass too.

Songs: Just over 1000.
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expected Higher Ground and Superstition but no upgrades for either of them? HMX I am disappoint.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't have picked a better pack, that is unless more songs were allowed (the only one I'm really missing is Signed, Sealed, Delivered... but I can overlook that in favor of SIR FUCKING DUKE). When I was in elementary school in music class the teacher played Sir Duke for us and I loved it so much, went home and told my dad, and he had the original record (yes, a real record, before it was hipster to have them) and he played it for me and the rest was history. That song was pretty much on repeat for my whole childhood, it is the song that made me realize I loved music. It is a shame I can only buy it once, because it is now the new "best song in Rock Band" for me. Oh yeah, I went there.

I had the pleasure of seeing Stevie in concert in September, how awesome it will be to play his music in Rock Band so soon after. OH MY GAWD STEVIE.

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
youhas  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could split hairs and jawbone about which Stevie Wonder songs I would put in a pack specifically designed to my tastes... but dude: Sir Duke! A song off of my "this song would be so awesome but will probably never manifest in Rock Band" roster! Complete with pro-instrument upgrades, no less! I am absolutely ecstatic. HOORAY FOR MUSIC

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did not recognize Sir Duke by name. Could name that tune now in 0.5 notes. ;)
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
diablocon  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:

Same here. It seems like there's two groups: Those who know Sir Duke, and those who know Sir Duke but don't realise it.
sukergod  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will eventually get Higher Ground simply cause I doubt we will ever get the Peppers version but Ill be that guy and say Im glad this is here so its out of the way. Im glad you all love this but I find nothing great and Stevie Wonder at all.

Oh well have fun everyone!!

Oh hey, 3000th post
youhas  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:
espher wrote:

Same here. It seems like there's two groups: Those who know Sir Duke, and those who know Sir Duke but don't realise it.

Heh - yep, that's about right. "Sir Duke" spent years in that nebulous "songs I knew and enjoyed without a clue about what they were titled or who the artists were" bucket for me, anyway. (See also: "Jessica"; "Baker Street"; "Careless Whisper"; "True" by Spandau Ballet.)

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
sukergod  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:

Im not going to lie, I dont recognize that song at all. Granted I havent been exposed much to him in my 28 years on this earth but I really dont recognize it. I wont say I havent heard it before but I dont see the fuss over it. Personally Id prefer more Billy Joel..........hides :P
gitarzann  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am literally doing cartwheels at work.
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sukergod wrote:
diablocon wrote:

Im not going to lie, I dont recognize that song at all. Granted I havent been exposed much to him in my 28 years on this earth but I really dont recognize it. I wont say I havent heard it before but I dont see the fuss over it. Personally Id prefer more Billy Joel..........hides :P

I'm with you on that, but I want both of them!
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: