FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
11/8 DLC: Country Mega-Pack + 2 RB1 Exports Enabled
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
espher  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbh what I'd like to have seen Harmonix do is take a look at all of the redeemed Country Pack 2 codes, and recycled them as codes to be used for an updated export or something.

Or set up another site, where you enter your export code and GamerTag, and if they can confirm the redemption date was before this announcement (and your account has the pack), they'd give you a code for this DLC.

I don't know, something to not "screw" early adopters and split online play.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An acceptable solution to me would be that CTP2 exporters at -least- get a 320msp code or a free download of the two non-keys songs for online compatibility, at least.

But this is something of a no-win situation for all involved, and decisions at any point in the line (not locking down DLC rights early on, making CTP2 a RB1 engine release when RB3 was just around the corner, delaying it past RB3's release after that).

Reading between the lines though, maybe they'll finally start using the RB3 engine for track packs after this point?
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Even though I'm not a big country fan, that is a terrific value and I'd definitely like to look at those songs to see if any of them are worth buying.

Anybody know by looking if there are any gems in this pack that the typical player shouldn't miss? I am not normally a country fan at all, but I picked up Mud On the Tires when it came out and I still think it's one of the most genuinely enjoyable charts to play on guitar and sing that I've played in recent memory. I also tried my hands at Sin Wagon with friends and that was a hell of a good time, too. Moral of the story: Don't write off country. What say ye, ScoreHero?
Agree with your moral there, I've found that to be true most of the time. I'd never buy a country album, but I never miss country DLC. For whatever reason the charts are almost always fun (especially on drums and/or guitar) even if the music isn't something I'd normally listen to.
Bront  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
Icemage wrote:

I don't see how that enters into the decision making for whether to re-release a song under the same song ID.

The point is that even if those songs were never released previously, and they showed up as DLC singles, they would have the exact same charts on every available instrument as what was in the export. No one is shocked when Imagine shows up on the RB3 disc with no guitar chart, because the song has no guitar. Same with these songs and no keys.

The only mindset that might make any sense is "Oh, we might get complaints from people who own only RB1 and/or RB2 about how they only got two songs from the pack". But even that is totally bananas, because anyone who would complain about that would already have complained about the last year worth of DLC that passed them by.

I see. I had missed the point. If I read it correctly, you're wondering why the decision was made to release the two key-less songs under the RB3 moniker despite there being no difference whatsoever to the chart?

I get that it doesn't make much sense, but honestly I don't see why it's a huge bothersome issue, either. To me it's more like "huh, that's a weird decision" with a raised eyebrow than an "OMG WHY DID THEY DO THIS?" *rageragerage* reaction.
I believe he mentioned that it had to do with the licensing and packaging of the songs, but yeah, it's a bit of a head scratcher.

Songs: Just over 1000.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: 11/8 DLC: Country Mega-Pack + 2 RB1 Exports Enabled Reply with quote

Bront wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:
I see. I had missed the point. If I read it correctly, you're wondering why the decision was made to release the two key-less songs under the RB3 moniker despite there being no difference whatsoever to the chart?

I get that it doesn't make much sense, but honestly I don't see why it's a huge bothersome issue, either. To me it's more like "huh, that's a weird decision" with a raised eyebrow than an "OMG WHY DID THEY DO THIS?" *rageragerage* reaction.
I believe he mentioned that it had to do with the licensing and packaging of the songs, but yeah, it's a bit of a head scratcher.
Aren't harmonies a new addition? It's not much but it's a difference.

Available on Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii on November 8th, 2011:
Going Country Pack 05:
  • Single White Female (RB3 Version) by Chely Wright
  • Giddy On Up (RB3 Version) by Laura Bell Bundy
  • The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia (RB3 Version) by Reba McEntire
  • Party For Two (RB3 Version) by Shania Twain (With Billy Currington)
  • Settlin' by Sugarland (RB3 Version)

Going Country Pack 06:
  • That's How Country Boys Roll (RB3 Version) by Billy Currington
  • Awful, Beautiful Life (RB3 Version) by Darryl Worley
  • Man Of Me (RB3 Version) by Gary Allan
  • TWANG (RB3 Version) by George Straight
  • Ring Of Fire (RB3 Version) by Johnny Cash
  • Backwoods (RB3 Version) by Justin Moore

Going Country Pack 07:
  • Alright (RB3 Version) by Darius Rucker
  • Sideways (RB3 Version) by Dierks Bentley
  • Kiss A Girl (RB3 Version) by Keith Urban
  • Perfect Day (RB3 Version) by Lady Antebellum
  • Rain Is A Good Thing (RB3 Version) by Luke Bryan
  • Mama Tried (RB3 Version) by Merle Haggard
  • Ride (RB3 Version) by Trace Adkins (X)

Going Country Pack 08:
  • International Heartache (RB3 Version) by Dwight Yoakam
  • Crazy Town (RB3 Version) by Jason Aldean
  • Summer Nights (RB3 Version) by Rascal Flatts

Rock Band 1 Exports:
(I realize this isn't technically DLC, but it is worth announcing)
  • Dani California by Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system November 9th)

These tracks will be available for purchase individually on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii™. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$8.49 USD, £4.39 UK, €6.59 EU (680 Microsoft Points, 850 Wii Points™) for “Going Country Pack 05”
$9.99 USD, £4.99 UK, €7.99 EU (800 MS Points, 1000 Wii Points) for “Going Country Pack 06”
$10.99 USD, £5.99 UK, €8.99 EU (880 MS Points, 1100 Wii Points) for “Going Country Pack 07”
$5.49 USD, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 MS Points, 550 Wii Points) for “Going Country Pack 08”
$19.99 USD, £9.99 UK, €14.99 EU (1600 MS Points, 2000 Wii Points) for “Country Mega Pack”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

The Rock Band 1 Exports will be made playable automatically without additional charge upon the download and installation of the title update released today for all users who have previously exported the Rock Band 1 Disc.

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Sick, Sick, Sick by Bayside (160 MSP)

• Pylo the Pylon by Alternative Deficit Disorder (80 MSP)

• Mercury Blooming by Askari Nari (80 MSP)

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

• Frankenstein Teaser Trailer by Richard Campbell

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3 (or will be when PSN comes back), and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

Songs now available for PS3 that are currently enabled for scoretracking:

• England Rock Anthems by Richard Campbell ($0.99)

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: 11/8 DLC: Country Mega-Pack + 2 RB1 Exports Enabled Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Aren't harmonies a new addition? It's not much but it's a difference.

Harmonies were already included on the physical track pack (when you exported to RB3). There is absolutely no difference between the regular and RB3 versions of those keys-less tracks
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. Ring of Fire still has the trumpets on guitar. This...I dislike. Was hoping that it'd be removed with the whole RB3 version and all but alas, not.

Also, I don't know why I didn't realise it sooner, but that's definitely not the 60s version of Ring of Fire it claims to be. Lack of harmonies, inclusion of (really silent) keys, it's definitely the version used in the same album as the rest of the Johnny Cash pack. We've been had!

But really, I don't mind that version, I just didn't want the trumpets charted to guitar, and so...inconsistently, too. May have to hold off on getting Ring of Fire when it comes on the EU PSN store later today.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Huh. Ring of Fire still has the trumpets on guitar. This...I dislike. Was hoping that it'd be removed with the whole RB3 version and all but alas, not.

Also, I don't know why I didn't realise it sooner, but that's definitely not the 60s version of Ring of Fire it claims to be. Lack of harmonies, inclusion of (really silent) keys, it's definitely the version used in the same album as the rest of the Johnny Cash pack. We've been had!

But really, I don't mind that version, I just didn't want the trumpets charted to guitar, and so...inconsistently, too. May have to hold off on getting Ring of Fire when it comes on the EU PSN store later today.
That song is a 1963 release if they really took the recording off of the album represented by the cover (Ring Of Fire: Best Of Johnny Cash), but there is at least one other song showing a misleading release date. Folsom Prison Blues is showing a 1955 release date, however the recording is from the album "Classic Cash: Hall Of Fame Series" which was released in 1988, and was re-recorded by Cash at that time. It's possible Ring Of Fire may have been taken off of a re-record album and the wrong album art is showing.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely from the Classics re-record album, along with the entire pack. GH5 used the same recording and, in a shocking twist (IIRC) used the correct date from the 80s. Not sure why it was given the 60s greatest hits album when the rest weren't, though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw Country. I want a super mega pack of Metal!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:

Ring of Fire sounds like it would have been the choice for pro guitar - but there's also a chance that the trumpets are on the same track as the guitar, which would make it unusable for pro.

Also, why in god's name is WMG so protective over Mama Tried? It's the only track (from either the export or the RB3 Version) that I can't view the chart because it's blocked in the United States.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FyreWulff wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:

Ring of Fire sounds like it would have been the choice for pro guitar - but there's also a chance that the trumpets are on the same track as the guitar, which would make it unusable for pro.

Also, why in god's name is WMG so protective over Mama Tried? It's the only track (from either the export or the RB3 Version) that I can't view the chart because it's blocked in the United States.

GH5 uses the same version, and all that's charted to guitar is the guitar.
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dwight Yoakam song should be spelled "Intentional Heartache"

/stickler

I continue to be pleasantly surprised at how much fun country songs are to play in RB, even though I never listen to country in my day to day life. If you haven't played any before, I highly recommend trying out this DLC. Really good value too if you get the mega pack (although my condolences to those of you who bought the Track Pack early, if it makes you feel any better, I have to re-purchase DLC all the time since I got most of the track packs on PS2 initially )

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dramacomic wrote:
The Dwight Yoakam song should be spelled "Intentional Heartache"

/stickler
Whoops. Im not going to bother with the post but I fixed the typo in the song database.

Quote:
I continue to be pleasantly surprised at how much fun country songs are to play in RB, even though I never listen to country in my day to day life. If you haven't played any before, I highly recommend trying out this DLC. Really good value too if you get the mega pack (although my condolences to those of you who bought the Track Pack early, if it makes you feel any better, I have to re-purchase DLC all the time since I got most of the track packs on PS2 initially )
Yep thats exactly what I was saying earlier, I never listen to country but its just always fun to play, I love it!
Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to complete the DLC list on Scorehero.
(http://rockband.scorehero.com/rankings.php?game=9&platform=2&size=1&group=1&diff=4&song=-250)

It means I have to buy the original pack too... (I bought that one already and played the songs)
Damn, I'll have to reFC them again then

By the way, I wonder why they are in RB3 DLC, they havent got keys or harmonies, shouldn't they be in RB2 DLC ? (on Scorehero)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: