FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
11/8 DLC: Country Mega-Pack + 2 RB1 Exports Enabled
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bront wrote:
Hrm, now that I read that, it's a little iffy about the 2 songs that didn't get the upgrade. You'd think they would leave those 2 alone.

They didn't. HMXHenry mentioned on the official RB forum announcement thread that the reason was something to do with unique song IDs.

HMXHenry wrote:
Yes, all songs in this pack will be RB3 versions, even the 2 songs without keys. Yes, the 2 songs without keys are essentially the same as their counterparts from CTP2. Yes, that is pretty dumb, but it's been explained to me that they had to be named differently because they have different song IDs than the tracks in CTP2.

Yes, it's as dumb as it sounds. Two of these songs have no keys charts, and are getting re-released as "RB3 Versions" which have the exact same charts as the exported ones from the track pack.

Speaking as someone who bought Country Track Pack 2, yes, I am VERY gutted by this turn of events.
BathTub  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they state the only difference was keys? They didn't alter the tracks to RB3 charting standards?

Really only interested in Cash, but that's amazing value though.
iwantcustoms  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 Country songs and not one of them is Brad Paisley... I am disappoint.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BathTub wrote:
Did they state the only difference was keys? They didn't alter the tracks to RB3 charting standards?

What "RB3 charting standards"?? Country Track Pack 2 was released 3 months after Rock Band 3, and the export even has harmonies included.

Other than that, all I know is what you see in the quote.
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could mean Blue/Orange on all difficulties, but I believe those tracks already conform to that.

The only other thing that would also make them explicitly RB3 compatible would be drum rolls and trill lanes.

It could also be the hard reality that Harmonix doesn't have the time to spare spinning up the process to update the RB1 and RB2 stores over two songs.
Bront  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
Bront wrote:
Hrm, now that I read that, it's a little iffy about the 2 songs that didn't get the upgrade. You'd think they would leave those 2 alone.

They didn't. HMXHenry mentioned on the official RB forum announcement thread that the reason was something to do with unique song IDs.

HMXHenry wrote:
Yes, all songs in this pack will be RB3 versions, even the 2 songs without keys. Yes, the 2 songs without keys are essentially the same as their counterparts from CTP2. Yes, that is pretty dumb, but it's been explained to me that they had to be named differently because they have different song IDs than the tracks in CTP2.

Yes, it's as dumb as it sounds. Two of these songs have no keys charts, and are getting re-released as "RB3 Versions" which have the exact same charts as the exported ones from the track pack.

Speaking as someone who bought Country Track Pack 2, yes, I am VERY gutted by this turn of events.
Just found that. Thanks, and editing my reply to drop it.

It sure is confusing though.

Songs: Just over 1000.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, country fans.

Any delicious banjo playing I can look forward to in these tracks? c:

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FyreWulff wrote:

It could also be the hard reality that Harmonix doesn't have the time to spare spinning up the process to update the RB1 and RB2 stores over two songs.

I can't for the life of me imagine how this is a worse result than pissing off the people who already bought the track pack (even more) by attempting to sell them the exact same charts, and introducing the same incompatible song / cluttered setlist problem that all RB3 Versions have in the process.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
FyreWulff wrote:

I can't for the life of me imagine how this is a worse result than pissing off the people who already bought the track pack (even more) by attempting to sell them the exact same charts, and introducing the same incompatible song / cluttered setlist problem that all RB3 Versions have in the process.

I know HMXHenry on the official forums has basically said that the DLC will more than likely reach a far greater fanbase than the physical trackpack. So he's going to piss off somebody regardless, so HMX would rather piss off the small minority that bought the track pack already than piss off the large majority that would be buying DLC that randomly doesn't conform to RB3 DLC expectations.

It's sort of a lose-lose situation when it comes to Public Relations, so they chose the route that would be more beneficial to more people.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
Icemage wrote:
FyreWulff wrote:

I know HMXHenry on the official forums has basically said that the DLC will more than likely reach a far greater fanbase than the physical trackpack. So he's going to piss off somebody regardless, so HMX would rather piss off the small minority that bought the track pack already than piss off the large majority that would be buying DLC that randomly doesn't conform to RB3 DLC expectations.

It's sort of a lose-lose situation when it comes to Public Relations, so they chose the route that would be more beneficial to more people.

I don't see how that enters into the decision making for whether to re-release a song under the same song ID.

The point is that even if those songs were never released previously, and they showed up as DLC singles, they would have the exact same charts on every available instrument as what was in the export. No one is shocked when Imagine shows up on the RB3 disc with no guitar chart, because the song has no guitar. Same with these songs and no keys.

The only mindset that might make any sense is "Oh, we might get complaints from people who own only RB1 and/or RB2 about how they only got two songs from the pack". But even that is totally bananas, because anyone who would complain about that would already have complained about the last year worth of DLC that passed them by.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:

I don't see how that enters into the decision making for whether to re-release a song under the same song ID.

The point is that even if those songs were never released previously, and they showed up as DLC singles, they would have the exact same charts on every available instrument as what was in the export. No one is shocked when Imagine shows up on the RB3 disc with no guitar chart, because the song has no guitar. Same with these songs and no keys.

The only mindset that might make any sense is "Oh, we might get complaints from people who own only RB1 and/or RB2 about how they only got two songs from the pack". But even that is totally bananas, because anyone who would complain about that would already have complained about the last year worth of DLC that passed them by.

I see. I had missed the point. If I read it correctly, you're wondering why the decision was made to release the two key-less songs under the RB3 moniker despite there being no difference whatsoever to the chart?

I get that it doesn't make much sense, but honestly I don't see why it's a huge bothersome issue, either. To me it's more like "huh, that's a weird decision" with a raised eyebrow than an "OMG WHY DID THEY DO THIS?" *rageragerage* reaction.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:

I get that it doesn't make much sense, but honestly I don't see why it's a huge bothersome issue, either. To me it's more like "huh, that's a weird decision" with a raised eyebrow than an "OMG WHY DID THEY DO THIS?" *rageragerage* reaction.

Because for those of us who already bought the track pack and exported it, we'd have two songs that are completely identical in every way except that they can't be used with each other online? Oh, yeah, and the "BTW, you have to PAY AGAIN to do this".
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerminX13 wrote:
So, country fans.

Any delicious banjo playing I can look forward to in these tracks? c:

Not a big country fan, but I bought it for $10 new cause it was a good deal.

You should definitely pick up Giddy On Up, Perfect Day, and Alright. Those are the only three that I ever play in the pack anyway.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:

Because for those of us who already bought the track pack and exported it, we'd have two songs that are completely identical in every way except that they can't be used with each other online? Oh, yeah, and the "BTW, you have to PAY AGAIN to do this".

Well, considering the fact that the 21-pack is discounted over 50% from buying each track individually, I wouldn't consider having to "pay again" as a big issue. I completely understand where you're coming from in theory, but in practice it just doesn't seem like a huge issue. As I said, an annoyance for sure, but not anything I'd get angry over.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:

Well, considering the fact that the 21-pack is discounted over 50% from buying each track individually, I wouldn't consider having to "pay again" as a big issue. I completely understand where you're coming from in theory, but in practice it just doesn't seem like a huge issue. As I said, an annoyance for sure, but not anything I'd get angry over.

$30 + tax on the original track pack + $20 for the revised versions = over $50 for 21 duplicate songs, while the people who weren't early adopters get to pay $20 for 21 songs without setlist clutter.

Not saying Harmonix didn't make the best of all bad decisions here, but let's not sugar-coat this and say it's all rainbows and unicorns for the people who bought the disc, OK?

Or hey, I suppose I could buy the mega-pack, delete my export and pretend I never bought the track pack. I'd still be out $50 instead of $20, though. Also, you can just imagine what the people who are Xbox 360 DLC completionists are going through right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: