FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Nyxyxylyth's Customs [Apr2013: ELO - Do Ya, Pink Floyd - Time]
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyxyxylyth  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Nyxyxylyth's Customs [Apr2013: ELO - Do Ya, Pink Floyd - Tim Reply with quote

All songs include all applicable instruments, all difficulties.

UPDATES
    09Apr2013: Added Pink Floyd - Time and ELO - Do Ya.
    17Feb2013: Added ELO - Turn To Stone [v1].
    7Feb2013: Added Asia - Time Again [v1].
    27Jan2013: Updated pro upgrade to "Fire On High" [v3].
    24Jan2013: Added ELO's "Fire On High".
    Jan2013: Added ELO's "Mr. Blue Sky".
    8/13: Updated santropez_plus to columbo777's latest version.
    7/24: Added Elvis Presley's "A Little Less Conversation".
    5/6: Added William Shatner's cover of "Common People".

INSTRUCTIONS
To use these custom tracks in RB3 (note: customs won't work with the RB3 Games On Demand version!):
    Install Magma, and RB3Maker (at least version 2.1.0.71).
    Install Modio
    The best way to play RB3 with customs is to have two USB sticks:
    - One with your RB3 saved game and RB3 Title Update 5.
    - One with RB3 Title Update 4 and your custom rb3con files. Remove this stick to play regular RB3, online, etc.
    For each song:
    - Make a separate folder for each song
    - Download the rb3maker.zip file
    - Find the mp3, and put it in the same folder, with the same prefix as the rb3maker.zip
    - Download the album art (must be a bmp) and put it in the same folder, with the same prefix as the rb3maker.zip
    - Run RB3Maker and pick Options / "Custom from .rbmaker.zip"
    - File / Open and locate your folder
    - Chill until RB3Maker finishes making the _rb3con
    - Use Modio to copy the _rb3con file to the RB3 folder of the USB stick

THE SONGS

A personal favorite.
Head over to http://tinyurl.com/RockBandCustoms and look on my tab to find it.
Give it a listen
Chart Preview

Stunning keyboard work on one of the ultimate 80's songs. Not available for digital purchase as far as I know, but you can find many dedicated fans if you Google for this:
Code:
Systems of Romance: B-Movie- Nowhere Girl 12''

nowheregirl.rb3maker.zip
Chart preview
Recommended Cover Art

Their #2 hit from 1958! Yes, I'm serious. Just harmonies, Bass, and Drums. Note that it shows up as 1968, because it won't go earlier than 1960.

lollipop.rb3maker.zip
Chart preview
Cover art
One way to buy the MP3

Across the board epic. Tragically, it's a cover. But now you can play it. Not available for digital purchase as far as I know. It's from the "Alone Again Or" CD single, around 5:10. Not the "Extended Version" at over 7 minutes.

eloise.rb3maker.zip
Chart preview
CD cover art
Cooler cover art

I chopped out the first minute or so, so there's no RB3Maker package. This one includes an upgrade package for pro guitar and pro bass courtesy of columbo777. Head over to http://tinyurl.com/RockBandCustoms and look on my tab to find it.

This one includes pro guitar and pro bass courtesy of columbo777. Because of that, it can't be compiled with Magma, so there's no RB3Maker package. Head over to http://tinyurl.com/RockBandCustoms and look on my tab to find it.
Chart Preview

The best 5-lane keys song you'll ever find. Pretty good on everything else too. Find it at http://tinyurl.com/RockBandCustoms

Find it at http://tinyurl.com/RockBandCustoms

This song could never be in RB, because it's a cover. And it was probably only recorded in stereo. Still - it is epic. What the hell is Hugo saying? The horn solo on pro keys is brilliant.

goodbadugly.rb3maker.zip
Chart preview
One way to buy the MP3
Cover art

Arena rock upgrade to the Joy Division song. Pretty awesome request from my son.

shadowplay.rb3maker.zip
Audio preview
One way to buy the MP3
Cover art

A special request from my daughter. Spectacular harmonies. Lots of keyboard surprises.

monalisa.rb3maker.zip
Chart preview
Recommended Cover Art
One way to buy the MP3

Chill out. Stellar piano solo in the last third. And pro guitar!

santropez.rb3maker.zip
Chart preview
Pro Guitar upgrade (courtesy of columbo777)
One way to buy the MP3 (track 4)
Cover art

Seems like one or two people were interested in this one.

The King comes to RB3! 1968 (just a bit before Junkie XL). Drum solo right off the bat, soulful backup singers, crazy bass, and pro keys for trumpets. By special request from trojannemo.

littlelesconversation.rb3maker.zip
One way to buy the MP3
Note: I somehow screwed up the rate of the MP3 here by 0.1%. RB3Maker picks up the slack and fixes it, but it makes your PC work extra hard for a minute or so.
Cover art

The master of melodrama crushes the wimpy original version of Pulp's "Common People". Keys and production by Ben Folds, with Joe Jackson singing, and an epic boys' choir.

commonpeople.rb3maker.zip
One way to buy the MP3
Cover art

Epic drum pattern. Dave Allen on bass. Claire Torrey goes berzerk on backing vocals. WIN.

malaria.rb3maker.zip
Chart preview
One way to buy the MP3 (track 1)
Cover art

A little ska number for Germans chasing Italian girls.

carbonara.rb3maker.zip
Chart preview
One way to buy the MP3
Cover art

Throwing Muses circa 2003. Everybody likes it - except maybe frat boys.

portia.rb3maker.zip
Chart preview
One way to buy the MP3
Cover art

Last edited by Nyxyxylyth on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:14 am; edited 120 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Nyxyxylyth
columbo777  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: San Tropez Reply with quote

I put a ton of work and research into the Pro Guitar on San Tropez, and I am pretty confident in the chords. The SOLO, however, was the best extrapolation I could do. If you happen to KNOW that solo, and can offer constructive feedback, feel free to PM me.
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, how I wish these were already ready to go... time to hunt for MP3s for some of these. ;)
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Nyxyxylyth  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:
Oh, how I wish these were already ready to go... time to hunt for MP3s for some of these. ;)

It's not as easy as spoonfed rb3cons, but it's only a couple clicks. And if you end up buying the MP3 for it, that's a good thing!

It's kind of cool to sit back and watch RB3Maker work. Plus after it finishes, you end up with a Magma .rbproj... so if you find something you don't like, it's trivial to make a reaper/EoF project and fix it up yourself!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Nyxyxylyth
trojannemo  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm having problems compiling your files.

I'm starting with San Tropez (first Pink Floyd song I find for Rock Band!). I put the file in the RB3 Maker folder, put the santropez.mp3 in the same folder. Opened it and RB3 Maker started going, then gave an input error and stopped there.

so I thought, fine, I'll extract it and I'll work on it myself. opened the magma project, selected all the right files, go to build....get a LOT of MIDI errors relating to the drum track.

can you help me out. what am i missing here?
thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TrojanNemo
Nyxyxylyth  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trojannemo wrote:
i'm having problems compiling your files.

I'm starting with San Tropez (first Pink Floyd song I find for Rock Band!). I put the file in the RB3 Maker folder, put the santropez.mp3 in the same folder. Opened it and RB3 Maker started going, then gave an input error and stopped there.

so I thought, fine, I'll extract it and I'll work on it myself. opened the magma project, selected all the right files, go to build....get a LOT of MIDI errors relating to the drum track.

can you help me out. what am i missing here?
thanks.

Need the details. Can you post the RB3Maker errors? And the Magma errors?

EDIT: Just tested it from scratch - ran through a download/rb3maker build with no trouble. Post the details and I'll be happy to help straighten it out.

EDIT: Maybe you changed the Drum Mix to just "Kit"? It should be "Kit, Kick & Snare", with "santropez_mute.wav" in all 3 slots. Make sure your rb3maker is at least 2.1.0.71, or it can end up creating an rbproj that doesn't have the right number of channels. If I change it to just Kit, that disagrees with the info in the drum track, and I get lots of messages like this:

Quote:

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): drum mix 'drums3' at [1:1:300] supports exactly 2 snare channels; this song's configuration has 0 snare channels
trojannemo  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that's what was happening with the magma build errors. what file should i use for the mute.wav's that you have all over the place? do i just put in the same file?

anyways, here is the error message i just got away from RB3Maker:

RB3Maker version 2.1.0.71
Converting MP3 data to PCM stream from C:\Users\Pookies\Desktop\Rock Band 3 Customs\_Tools\RB3Maker\santropez.mp3 at sample rate 44100...
Expanded MP3 to 39356928 bytes
Correlation: Trying time offset -4.0000...-3.0000...-2.0000...-1.0000...0.0000...1.0000...2.0000...3.0000...
Best correlation: 0.4559 with time offset 0.3100
Lousy correlation. Trying resampling to account for speed variation...
Converting MP3 data to PCM stream from C:\Users\Pookies\Desktop\Rock Band 3 Customs\_Tools\RB3Maker\santropez.mp3 at sample rate 44034...
Error in CustomAudioProcess: System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadByte()
at NAudio.Wave.Mp3Frame..ctor(Stream input, Boolean readData)
at NAudio.Wave.Mp3FileReader.ReadNextFrame(Boolean readData)
at NAudio.Wave.Mp3FileReader.Read(Byte[] sampleBuffer, Int32 offset, Int32 numBytes)
at NAudio.Wave.WaveFormatConversionStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at WindowsFormsApplication1.frmRB3Maker.Mp3ToPcm(String mp3File, Int32 sample_rate)
at WindowsFormsApplication1.frmRB3Maker.CustomAudioProcess(String sFolder, RB3MakerFromZip& from_zip)

what can be causing that?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TrojanNemo
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trojannemo wrote:
anyways, here is the error message i just got away from RB3Maker:
RB3Maker version 2.1.0.71
Best correlation: 0.4559 with time offset 0.3100
Lousy correlation. Trying resampling to account for speed variation...
Converting MP3 data to PCM stream from C:\Users\Pookies\Desktop\Rock Band 3 Customs\_Tools\RB3Maker\santropez.mp3 at sample rate 44034...
Error in CustomAudioProcess: System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
what can be causing that?

I see the recording that was used to make santropez.rb3maker.zip is a remastered version. If you've got the original album version, the slight speed variation is something RB3Maker normally compensates for. Something in the NAudio library I'm using didn't like your MP3, so the speed matching didn't work.

If you can PM me a link to your MP3, I'll check it out.

trojannemo wrote:
yeah that's what was happening with the magma build errors. what file should i use for the mute.wav's that you have all over the place? do i just put in the same file?

The <song>_mute.wav should be a muted audio file. The easiest way to make it is to mute all the tracks and render the song in Reaper. It should even be okay if you force feed <song>.wav into every track - you'll just end up with a gigantic rb3con file (30MB+) instead of something like 4-5MB. It'll play the same.

If you're willing to experiment, try rendering your MP3 to a new one using Reaper or Audacity (etc), and then try RB3Maker with the newly rendered santropez.mp3. There must be something about the exact format of your santropez.mp3 that NAudio doesn't like.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks that worked.
i changed the .mp3 file to the 1971 version and after much messing around with numbers RB3Maker was able to compile me a 4MB con? seems soo small compared to my standard cons. oh well. thanks!

won't actually be able to try this until tomorrow night but it worked. now to try your other files.

if you have a minute I have two questions

1) what were all those numbers that RB3Maker kept putting up? before it would recompile and recompile the MP3 file?

2) do you take requests?
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trojannemo wrote:
thanks that worked.
i changed the .mp3 file to the 1971 version and after much messing around with numbers RB3Maker was able to compile me a 4MB con? seems soo small compared to my standard cons. oh well. thanks!

Excellent. 4 MB is typical - you don't have separated stems for customs, so that should be about right.

trojannemo wrote:
1) what were all those numbers that RB3Maker kept putting up? before it would recompile and recompile the MP3 file?

I left the RB3Maker log a bit noisy to help track things down if something goes wrong. There are two passes where numbers spew out:
- Sliding your MP3 back and forth up to 4 seconds to get it to align with the original
- Resampling your MP3 to a different rate and sliding it to align (this takes a long time, because it resamples at 14 different frequencies!)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trojannemo wrote:
2) do you take requests?

You can always ask. There's a pretty long line in front of you with requests from my kids, friends, etc. It would have to be something I can stomach hearing 50+ times, so chances are slim - but sure, chime in.
trojannemo  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nyxyxylyth wrote:
trojannemo wrote:
2) do you take requests?

You can always ask. There's a pretty long line in front of you with requests from my kids, friends, etc. It would have to be something I can stomach hearing 50+ times, so chances are slim - but sure, chime in.

I figure that's always the case.

anyways, some very specific requests that I would love to see in the game:

The Cardigans - My Favourite Game (appropriate name for Rock Band no?)
The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black

and more contemporary -

Cee Lo - Forget You (great keys!)

more general, anything from:

Aerosmith
Good Charlotte
Simple Plan
Elvis Presley
Elton John's Disney songs
Hoobastank
Michael Jackson
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
anything from The Beatles not already available.

----

I know i'm all over the place. these are artists/bands I enjoy very much, I think would work well with the game, and are very underrepresented or completely unrepresented (i.e. Harmonix will never release an Elvis Presley song...)

thanks for your patience and your help. if you know of a better thread/forum to post my requests I would appreciate some guidance. if you know of any of the above already available as .midi, .rba, .live or .con, I would appreciate a link. if you feel like working on any of the above (i think your kids might appreciate some of my selections!) I would be very grateful.
Nyxyxylyth  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trojannemo wrote:
The Cardigans - My Favourite Game (appropriate name for Rock Band no?), Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Elvis Presley, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, anything from The Beatles not already available.

Intriguing. I appreciate the breadth of your suggestions - much more helpful than the usual "MOAR A7X PLZ".

I pondered many on the list, and finally settled on Elvis - A Little Less Conversation. I hope that's agreeable.

So many of Elvis' songs have the instruments buried in the background. This one is crystal clear on just about all counts.

trojannemo wrote:
if you know of a better thread/forum to post my requests I would appreciate some guidance.

I don't know of any better place than this one. There are precious few custom authors, and so many different tastes in music that I'm not sure a thriving scene is possible. I'm grateful just for the ability to enjoy our own picks this way. The few customs that intersect with my own peculiar preferences are icing on the cake.
Nyxyxylyth  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated San Tropez a bit:

- Got rid of ghost snare hit at the end (after reading many "ghost notes can die" comments in the main RB3 discussion forum here)
- Set crowd to [crowd_mellow] and [crowd_noclap], so they can properly chill
Nyxyxylyth  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added Throwing Muses - Portia.

Also updated Spliff - Carbonara: vocal tuning was slid the wrong way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: