FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
songs that play like Love Spreads?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silverhawk2063  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: songs that play like Love Spreads? Reply with quote

Basically songs that are fairly slow, but require a lot of hand/foot independence.

Two Princes from Lego Rock Band is similar, and it's really the only other one I can think of.
TRiiG3RS  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're up for a bit of a challenge, Eden by Tesseract is brilliant for hand/foot/hand co-ordination. It's like a slightly faster Love Spreads with weird time signatures.
Sound awesome as well, which is always a bonus.

If that's a bit too hard, then try My Star by Andromeda. Both on the RBN by the way.
rrwoods  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alien Ant Farm - Movies is like Love Spreads on drums, only faster and a little more annoying.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars is quite a bit easier than love spreads, but similar in style.

Other recent DLC to check out would be Re-Arranged by Limp Bizkit. The whole pack is pretty decent on drums, but that song in particular is pretty much exactly what you're looking for.
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of these are on RBN, and I think for most of them the demo is at least moderately representative of the rest of the song. Some of these songs are very similar to the ones you described (particularly the first two), some are pretty different but are definitely slow songs that require limb independence. The first three have pro drums, the last three don't, if you care about that:

Insanity of the Atoms by Hedras Ramos - pretty similar style to the other songs mentioned (and an insane drum solo too). If you like those charts, you'll probably like this one.

Makeup/Breakup and Freeze Frame by Super Gravity - Both fit your description almost perfectly, especially Makeup/Breakup. Both are also really hard.

We Collide by Children of Nova - It doesn't required quite as much limb independence as some of the other songs listed, but you might still enjoy it if you like those.

Bleed by Meshuggah - Lots of tough polymeter-ish bass pedal, but the hands are really simple (so it's mostly about doing weird things with your foot while your hands keep a steady beat)

Engine by Wargasm - Like Bleed, lots of tricky footwork requiring good limb independence while your hands mostly just keep a steady rhythm

Tripolette by Andrew Buch - I think the time signature for this song is 7/8. The author says there are parts where your hands and feet are playing a 6-7 polyrhythm (I don't know if that's the proper musical terminology for that). It's not quite as hard as that makes it sound, but it's definitely pretty tricky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: