FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DLC 10/18: Coldplay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome pack! Sadly, I only got two out of my dream six-pack, but I can understand the route they took with this pack, as they pretty much got their (arguably) six biggest songs. I separate my opinions into three groups:

First off, Yellow and ETIAW were the two in my dream six-pack. Yellow because it's the biggest song off the first album I heard from them, and it's such an obvious choice for Pro guitar (which I'm glad it got). ETIAW I picked not just because it's off the new album (although that's a reason), but I think it will easily be the funnest song all around in this whole pack. For sure on drums, and to me, the guitar sounds the most fun of the six.

Now let's look at Clocks and Fix You. Clocks is easily one of their most well known songs, so that's a pretty obvious choice, and it will actually be fun in this game (especially the keys). Surprised to see it with a Pro upgrade though. Fix You is good too, as it would be incredible for vocals, and when the instruments build up at the end, it should make for an epic band moment. Plus I believe it was on Glee recently, so there's an added popularity boost.

Viva la Vida and The Scientist confuse me though. Neither of them seem like they'll be much fun in the game. Does Viva even has guitar? It will be epic for harmonies, and I believe it is their single biggest hit ever, but it will be a bore on all other instruments (other than, again, maybe keys). The Scientist too, except it will probably even be boring on regular keys (although Pro Keys would be fun). They should have swapped these with Violet Hill and In My Place, since that way they would still be pulling from the same albums.

Still getting the whole pack though! Hopefully we get more in the future!
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
JWitjeS  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
"Talk"

The fact that that song is one big Kraftwerk sample probably makes licensing pretty hard.

By the way, I don't get why everybody is spazzing out about Clocks on keys. Sure, the melody is instantly recognizable but it's all the song has (aside from some sustained chords whenever the melody isn't playing). And on top of that, the melody isn't that amazing to play or something, it's a very simple riff that I was able to learn in roughly 10 seconds. The other songs will probably be more fun than Clocks on pro keys.
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lack of shiver or violet hill is pretty big, but damn they got the scientist. Definitely want to pick that one up to play on voxkeys

DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWitjeS wrote:
By the way, I don't get why everybody is spazzing out about Clocks on keys. Sure, the melody is instantly recognizable but it's all the song has (aside from some sustained chords whenever the melody isn't playing). And on top of that, the melody isn't that amazing to play or something, it's a very simple riff that I was able to learn in roughly 10 seconds. The other songs will probably be more fun than Clocks on pro keys.

For exactly the same reason that I felt the same way about the keys parts of It's My Life, In the End, Freeze-Frame and Take on Me - because Clocks has an instantly recognisable riff that I have tried to figure out on piano for several years but never got it exactly right.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Coldplay, so I'll pick these up. Here's hoping for Coldplay 02 one day with Speed of Sound, Shiver and Violet Hill.
jackmav41  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clocks might actually get me back to playing Rock Band.

<- NTSC FTW!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 286406839581
isaacindahouse  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: DLC Week Of 10/18~Coldplay 6-Pack! Reply with quote

xGaberadex wrote:
Quote:

Coldplay – “The Scientist”
Coldplay – “Clocks” X

LIFE COMPLETE

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: isaacindahouse1
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure these songs will be devil tier on pro guitar. XD

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
EinsteinSL  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eww no.

give us Radiohead not shitty Radiohead ripoff HMX

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, the two songs I want have pro upgrades, how neat.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEESSSSS I DONT REALLY LIKE COLDPLAY BUT CLOCKS IS AMAZING! I love playing it on real keyboard im sure itll be just as fun in RB and as fun on pro!!! plus the vocals will be sweet. And my second favorite coldplay song (am i allowed to pick favs if i dont know more than like 6 songs of the band) is Every drop which is an amazing song and should be quite fun like people have said!!! No Violet Hill is dissapoint, it's the only other Coldplay song I'd really buy

This a pretty good pack overall though, no complaints really

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
Fairwood  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:
Having said that, a 6-pack like this just reminds me how many hits/good songs Coldplay actually have in their catalogue. I mean, this is an amazing pack, but it's missing Speed of Sound, In My Place, Shiver, God Put a Smile Upon Your Face, Talk, Violet Hill... GPASUYF would have been an easy but fun protar chart too.

They need material for a second six-pack, don't they?

(Though, Life in Technicolor ii instead of Talk, just for licensing ease.)
augthebomb  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any pack could get me back in to rhythm games, it's this.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Kamen Islands
CavScout  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You know how I know you're gay? You like Coldplay." -Seth Rogen, 40 Year Old Virgin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: