FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to compile an rba for a >10min song?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psymatiq wrote:
glitchy
taking a 70mb ogg(60 min song) thru rb3maker made it crash twice before i got the mogg out of the rba file.

Wait wait... we're talking about RB3 being glitchy, or RB3Maker? I like to keep my little corner of the world tidy!

If something's amiss with RB3Maker, pm me a link to whatever it doesn't accept (RBA, mogg, ogg, etc).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technicolor wrote:
psymatiq wrote:
glitchy
taking a 70mb ogg(60 min song) thru rb3maker made it crash twice before i got the mogg out of the rba file.

Wait wait... we're talking about RB3 being glitchy, or RB3Maker? I like to keep my little corner of the world tidy!

If something's amiss with RB3Maker, pm me a link to whatever it doesn't accept (RBA, mogg, ogg, etc).

It was rb3 maker that crashed when i tried to split a rba with a 69 mb mogg file inside it. Took a couple tries before i got it out of the rba file. But after that i had no problem compiling it with the full song option.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A question... ived tried to compile my first track that got drums(and guitar) on it with [mix x drums0] in the drum lane. Atm it crashes if i make the song with drums on it(works fine with just guitar). I havent tried messing with the mogg/ogg audio channels... and i dont understand it tbh(but i think thats what crashes the song). Anyone can help me with a better explanation on how i set up a 10min+ mogg/dta with both guitar and drums with proper audio channels.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to test more but it seems that the limit for rock band on x360 is 1 hour and 9-10 minuttes... song basically shuts off here even if [end] is set after that time.

Might be a hickup but it seems that way.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One problem I'm having with this: compiling lipsync. Since that's generated by Magma and stuck in the milo file, is there anyway to get proper lipsync on a track longer than 10 minutes? Maybe create multiple builds of under 10 minute increments and then copy/paste data from the milo using a hex editor? I'm not really sure. Anybody have any advice?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:
One problem I'm having with this: compiling lipsync. Since that's generated by Magma and stuck in the milo file, is there anyway to get proper lipsync on a track longer than 10 minutes? Maybe create multiple builds of under 10 minute increments and then copy/paste data from the milo using a hex editor? I'm not really sure. Anybody have any advice?

Wanted to bump again to ask this question. Lipsync is the last thing that needs to be cracked, but I have no idea what the format is or anything like that. My hope is that there are timed mouth shape cues and that one could simply copy/paste the shapes and offset the cues. Don't have a clue about researching this though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
rpanties  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ended up in this thread with the same question, LyokoFreaks.

I've always assumed that the milo file was time-based... i guess because if it's midi-based timing i would expect it in the midi? Perhaps in an effort to make it more easily stem-generatable? Aren't these the same milo's we've seen since GH? Do we know if they use midi-related references or time-related references?

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30168
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone ever got drums to work with 10+ songs ? ived used stems, oggs and followed every guideline and the thing still crashes if i try to play it in rb3.

only gotten g,b,k,pk to work so far.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it definitely works. I just played Xanadu on Expert Pro Drums (11:26) and it ran fine, it also had g/b/k/pk/vocals all on EMHX with proper venue, etc. only thing farottone and I don't know how to do is get lipsync beyond 10 minutes but luckily Xanadu doesn't have vocals beyond the 10 minute mark.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trojannemo wrote:
it definitely works. I just played Xanadu on Expert Pro Drums (11:26) and it ran fine, it also had g/b/k/pk/vocals all on EMHX with proper venue, etc. only thing farottone and I don't know how to do is get lipsync beyond 10 minutes but luckily Xanadu doesn't have vocals beyond the 10 minute mark.

Hm guess i need to go back and try again again <.< got a g/d song atm that i cant get to work without freezing. This song isent so much about the 10min limit tho but more about bypassing magma cause the drums are just fine but i cant get the chart to pass even after fixing it up in EOF.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psymatiq wrote:
Hm guess i need to go back and try again again <.< got a g/d song atm that i cant get to work without freezing. This song isent so much about the 10min limit tho but more about bypassing magma cause the drums are just fine but i cant get the chart to pass even after fixing it up in EOF.

Did you check the MIDI in REAPER after editing it in EOF? EOF might've removed the text events that you need to get the chart to run properly in Rock Band.

raynebc  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it. EOF stores all text events that were in the original MIDI. Worst case scenario is that a text event is moved to the nearest beat line. EOF will even automatically add some of the bare minimum items (like drum mix events) needed to build a custom in Magma.
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyclopsDragon wrote:
psymatiq wrote:

Did you check the MIDI in REAPER after editing it in EOF? EOF might've removed the text events that you need to get the chart to run properly in Rock Band.

got all text events but the chart throws the big pile of crap at me in magma cause i added silence(cause the chart startet at 2.0122 so add 2 more seconds of silence) and moved the beat back to zero then adjusted to RBN standards. if i try to get this chart to run with the bypass it freezes... and chart seems pretty good to me(guitar and pro drums chart).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psymatiq wrote:

got all text events but the chart throws the big pile of crap at me in magma cause i added silence(cause the chart startet at 2.0122 so add 2 more seconds of silence) and moved the beat back to zero then adjusted to RBN standards. if i try to get this chart to run with the bypass it freezes... and chart seems pretty good to me(guitar and pro drums chart).

For a 10+ minute song you need your chart to actually be even leaner and more precise than for a "regular" song, because ultimately you don't go through Magma for the final MIDI. So, this is how you should do it:
1) Build your song as if the 10 minutes limit wouldn't exist.
2) Duplicate your BEAT and EVENTS track. Open the duplicate EVENT track and move the end event to just before the 10 minutes mark, open the duplicate BEAT track and delete notes accordingly.
3) Shorten all MIDI tracks to just before the 10 minutes mark (remember, no notes after the end event).
4) Export the MIDI, render the audio to the 10 minutes mark and you have something you can pass through Magma. Pass through, fix, repeat.
5) You will come to a point where Magma won't throw any more errors at you except for tempo markers after the end event. Now, save the Reaper file, delete those tempo markers, export and Magma should compile just fine.
6) Close the project without saving, reopen. You now have a project that's perfect up to the 10 minutes mark. Based on what happens after that 10 minutes mark you can be satisfied with that (so you're done) or you may want to just Remove time in Reaper (the Reaper action, not just a delete of a section) from somewhere after 3.1.00 up to the minutes mark. You then have a butchered MIDI that will allow you to pass through Magma and see if something's wrong.
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks ill look into making songs beside guitar +10 at some point... i remade the song in question one more time and finally got it to work aka this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiKDNc02dhQ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: