FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
10/4 DLC: Limp Bizkit.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
iReverseToWater wrote:
Why do they NOT have Rollin'?!?! I know this is generic but seriously... I was expecting it. Either way... I can't wait for this. :3

Let's start the conspiracy theory now and assume that Rollin' (Air Raid Vehicle) will appear as an on-disc song in Rock Band 4, yes?

It's as good a theory as any

Pre cancelling my pre order now.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Huh. I listened to Golden Cobra expecting my ears to just fall off, judging by the response in this thread, and I really didn't think it was that bad. Sure, I won't listen to it voluntarily or buy it in Rock Band, but we've had much worse DLC this year IMO of course. Though I'd definitely rather have some cornball stuff like Backstreet Boys or NSYNC if we're going to be making a "songs I remember from middle school" playlist.

These songs definitely didn't age well, but this band seems to be a staple of the 90s, and sometimes it's okay if things stay that way (not everything should age well, and I find it curious that people are okay with things that are shamelessly '80s but a handful of '90s bands cause a frothing rage in people on these forums). Maybe in another 10 years more people will look back to the music of the '90s/early '00s with more fondness because it's safely 20 years behind us.

Also I like how that one dude replied seriously to thecaptainof and completely missed his sarcasm.

It's already happened, but like the 80's people fondly look back at music that wasn't necessarily the most popular thing going in that decade. It's not really about the music itself, it's about only remembering the songs you actually like when you look back on a decade. The easiest way to prove this is look at the Billboard listings for any year, you'll find half of what's on it you don't remember generally, and many of the songs that get played as classics on the radio don't even chart.

I mean, Disco Duck isn't exactly fondly remembered despite topping the charts in 1976.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to like Nookie when I was a little kid. Now when I hear it... X_X why the fuck did I ever listen to that stuff?

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
CNS  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
CNS wrote:
Icemage wrote:
I'm looking forward to My Way. Still think Nookie is just as immature and lame today as it was when I first heard it. Indifferent to the other two songs, though I personally think Re-Arranged sounds way too much like a laid-back remix of My Way (same sort of syncopated vocal samples, and pretty much the same theme, though less angry).

It's hard for a song to sound like a remix of another song when that other song wasn't even recorded at the time of the first song's release. Unless Fred Durst and crew really are talented enough to make it seem that way. If so, bravo fellows, bravo.

Either way, they both sound similar to my ears. I'm not much of a Limp Bizkit fan (as you can tell, lol). Didn't grow up with them or anything, but My Way is catchy.

I still think there's way more hate on the band than is strictly warranted though, especially around here. Sometimes I get the impression that a big chunk of ScoreHero goes out of their way to hate on anything that's remotely popular (Linkin Park, Lady Gaga, Nickelback, etc.) just because it's popular, as if agreeing with the majority somehow makes a statement that you are less unique.

I'm glad you weren't offended by my post. And to be honest, I've more or less forgotten how My Way sounds. So for all intents and purposes, if I hadn't actually gotten the albums, and then listened to the songs just now, I'd probably be inclined to agree with you.

I think there are 2 elements that make people hate Limp Bizkit. The first is probably the feeling that they rode on Korn's coattails. Korn was pretty big in 1998, if I remember that's when they released Follow The Leader, and had lots of MTV exposure. And Limp Bizkit kinda rode piggyback on Korn's shoulders to get their fame. Three Dollar Bill Y'all didn't really sell until after Faith was released, and that song was released more or less in time with the Family Values tour with, a-ha!, Korn as the headliner.

The other reason is Fred Durst's generally douchebaggy personality. Which I can't for the life of me get. Yes, he had a bunch of petty feuds with Slipknot, Trent Reznor, and Marilyn Manson, but nothing got out of hand. I think the perception got amplified when he got a pretty good position over at Interscope. "Discovering" bands like Staind, Cold, and Puddle of Mudd (bands that can also be hated for no real reason, and usually are) probably gave him some sense of A&R experience. So now, he not only is an apparent douche, but he's the reason bands like Staind and Puddle of Mudd are popular instead of just being local acts.

I even remember an interview in which Fred Durst said that his songs aren't destined for longevity. They were written for the here and now crowd, only to be forgotten once the band lost it's relevance. Basically, Limp Bizkit were nothing more than a flash in the pan, even though they're one of the few artists to sell over 1 million records in less than 1 week upon release (Chocolate Starfish & the Hot Dog Flavored Water hit 1.5 million in 2001).

I feel if there's any hate to be had, it should be from fans of Wes Borland. Although, to be fair, I'm sure they hate him too. lol
Carltheshredder  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2005 all over again for me

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha blast from the past. I think I'll at the very least buy Re-Arranged and Nookie, both are definitely going to be fun on guitar and probably also drums. Say what you want about Durst, but his band has talent.

I mean, listen to Re-Arranged's drum track. Tons of very quick drags and almost incessant ghosting. If it's fully charted, it'll be one busy chart!

Actually, I'm very happy to see Re-Arranged on here, it's probably LB's best overall song. Patently does not follow a usual radio formula, which makes it all the more amazing that it actually made #1 on the charts.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but his band has talent.
When does it show? During slow rap sections? Which appears to be a massive amount of some songs, hence why I called them Beastie Boys.

Recent FCs: Man In The Box (Guitar)

Will not remove this in my signature until "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold is added to Rock Band DLC.
Started: July 31st, 2010
Still don't wanna remove it! Happy it's here, though!
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Limp Bizkit? pAHAHA...ok.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see i'm not the only one upset at the lack of rollin'. Whatever, due to a loss of my job, I can't get these anyway, although if I had money I might pick up My Way, but that's about it.

I find it strange that I don't really have any bands/songs that I used to listen to that I find horrible now (except of course the bands that have become terrible, but I still enjoy their old stuff)

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
isaacindahouse  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: DLC Week of 10/4 - Limp Bizkit Reply with quote

xGaberadex wrote:
cdylan13 wrote:
welcome to the worst DLC of 2011!
I think I'd have to go with Stone Sour or Puddle Of Mudd :P

Stone Sour was fucking amazing lol you suck

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: isaacindahouse1
jesse0986  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRL used to be a huge deal around the new millennium with the interesting clash of the bubble-gum pop and hard rock/nu-metal genres reaching the peak of their popularity.

Bands like Korn and Staind were beacons of hope for my circle, rejecting the poppy sound in favor of something heavier and more visceral. But it didn't come without its disappointments. Every day you'd hope and pray for one of those bands to break into TRL's top spot, and every day you'd be disappointed when it would invariably be the new Backstreet Boys or NSYNC tune. I think "I Want It That Way" was dominating the top spot right around the time that "Nookie" debuted, and me, being the total Limp Bizkit fan and total anti-boy band kid that I was, sat there on the verge of tears almost every day while "Nookie" was stuck at #2 behind BSB for a solid two weeks straight.

One fateful Friday afternoon during the summer that year (1999 or 2000, can't remember which), Carson Daly said there had been a major shakeup on that day's show. I had been heartbroken for so long that I seriously doubted that my dream had come true--instead the shakeup would be some random debut of a Britney Spears song taking the top spot or something. But I waited anxiously, just to be sure.

And then it happened--the first eight videos had played with no major debuts. The only two videos that could have possibly been left were "Nookie" and "I Want It That Way." They had this huge buildup throughout the whole show, they asked a couple of Limp Bizkit fans why "Nookie" should be #1 ("BECAUSE THEY FUCKING ROOOOOCK, YEAH LIMP BIZKIT, LETS GO BOYS, YOU GUYS ARE GOOOOODS"), and then asked a few BSB fans why their video should be #1 ("BECAUSE AJ IS SOO HOT AND I WANT TO MARRY HIM AND I LOVE THEM AND WILL YOU MARRY ME AJ!!!"). There were always hundreds of girls inside and outside the studio just screaming for their boy bands, but recently the surge of Limp Bizkit fans had kind of held them at bay.

Sort of instinctively, I hit the RECORD button on my VCR's remote (since I always had a ton of blank tapes laying around). Although I decided to let it keep rolling, I figured it would invariably end up in the pile of tapes that I would eventually trash, since things recorded are never as memorable as they are when you first see them.

Back on the show, they split to a double-cam shot, one showing the BSB fans screaming and dancing, the other the Limp Bizkit fans holding steady. Tension everywhere; they held that shot for what seemed like two hours. A third cam appeared showing Carson Daly in the studio, standing with even more fans of both sides just waiting and waiting. He then spoke the immortal words that would change the entire world:

"Number two today comes to us from the Backstreet Boys."

I sat there in total stunned silence while my brother and cousin started celebrating. Suddenly I was on my feet, damn near jumping into the ceiling. I blew through the front door, screaming and laughing and probably disrupting the entire neighborhood. My brother and cousin came out to join me, and before any of us knew it, we were rolling around in the fresh-cut grass, hugging and shouting in shredded grass. We hopped on our bikes and did a victory lap around the entire block, flying as fast as we could and just hootin' and hollerin' the whole way. We got back in time to see our heroes at the top spot, and sang the entire song as it played with that big white 1 in the corner of the screen.

I still have the tape.
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: DLC Week of 10/4 - Limp Bizkit Reply with quote

isaacindahouse wrote:
xGaberadex wrote:
cdylan13 wrote:
welcome to the worst DLC of 2011!
I think I'd have to go with Stone Sour or Puddle Of Mudd :P

Stone Sour was fucking amazing lol you suck
Lol.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This band is a barrel of fun... not really my cup of tea anymore, but I might pick it up regardless.... disappointed there's no "Take a Look Around" though

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
sukergod  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesse0986 wrote:
Great Story!!

See this is the thing. When LP were big it was during a time when all we had was that bubble gum boyband pop music, and they were the ultimate "Fuck You" to that. We didnt have to listen to Britany doing it again, or genie's poping out of bottle's anymore. LP just came at the right time and yeah their music to todays generation is a bit cheesy (the video for Roolin' is quite laughable), but we mostly took it as a part of the times.

While I dont listen to them at all anymore, LP came exactly when they needed to and were huge because of it. They would be as big a joke as they are thought of now if they did come out today.

Thanks for the memory jesse, I remember the same times screaming out to break stuff while actually breaking stuff. Good Stuff!!
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
Quote:
but his band has talent.
When does it show? During slow rap sections? Which appears to be a massive amount of some songs, hence why I called them Beastie Boys.

his band, aka John Otto, Sam Rivers, and Wes Borland.

Especially John Otto.

There's a bunch of instrumental versions of LB songs on YouTube. Check them out.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: