FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
10/4 DLC: Limp Bizkit.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything from Three Dollar Bill Y'all would have had been good. Faith, Counterfeit, Pollution, Stuck, etc. That CD I still listen to today 14 years later, everything else is pretty damn garbage from them.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Linkin Park.

Oh, I sowwy, I thought this is what this thread was about, herp derp.

Seriously, you guys could derail maglev train.

As for the announcement, definitely not my cup of tea. One of my coworkers was listening to them today and reminded me of how much I don't like them. Good for you folks that enjoy them though; I love the feeling of getting a new band that I absolutely love.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to My Way. Still think Nookie is just as immature and lame today as it was when I first heard it. Indifferent to the other two songs, though I personally think Re-Arranged sounds way too much like a laid-back remix of My Way (same sort of syncopated vocal samples, and pretty much the same theme, though less angry).

As for the haters, it's ok to be disappointed that songs you don't like didn't show up this week, but let's not pretend that these tracks won't sell like hotcakes. Selling like hotcakes = HMX makes money = DLC continues to be released = you still have a chance to get something you DO like in the future. As opposed to HMX closing the doors on the Rock Band franchise completely and you just don't get new songs to choose from ever again. Is that what you guys would prefer?
iReverseToWater  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do they NOT have Rollin'?!?! I know this is generic but seriously... I was expecting it. Either way... I can't wait for this. :3
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iReverseToWater wrote:
Why do they NOT have Rollin'?!?! I know this is generic but seriously... I was expecting it. Either way... I can't wait for this. :3

Let's start the conspiracy theory now and assume that Rollin' (Air Raid Vehicle) will appear as an on-disc song in Rock Band 4, yes?

It's as good a theory as any
JTHomeslice  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
As for the haters, it's ok to be disappointed that songs you don't like didn't show up this week, but let's not pretend that these tracks won't sell like hotcakes. Selling like hotcakes = HMX makes money = DLC continues to be released = you still have a chance to get something you DO like in the future. As opposed to HMX closing the doors on the Rock Band franchise completely and you just don't get new songs to choose from ever again. Is that what you guys would prefer?

Just what I was saying broski. Also

LyokoFreaks wrote:
Seriously, you guys could derail maglev train.

You're maglev train.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
iReverseToWater wrote:

Let's start the conspiracy theory now and assume that Rollin' (Air Raid Vehicle) will appear as an on-disc song in Rock Band 4, yes?

It's as good a theory as any

Actually I got curious and went back and listened to Rollin' (Air Raid Vehicle) and it's chock full of censored words. If they'd put it in the pack, it'd be almost as bad as Sir Psycho Sexy.

i.e. "Where the F you at, punk? Shut the F up! And back the F up, while we F this track up."

...man that lyric still makes me chuckle.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. I listened to Golden Cobra expecting my ears to just fall off, judging by the response in this thread, and I really didn't think it was that bad. Sure, I won't listen to it voluntarily or buy it in Rock Band, but we've had much worse DLC this year IMO of course. Though I'd definitely rather have some cornball stuff like Backstreet Boys or NSYNC if we're going to be making a "songs I remember from middle school" playlist.

These songs definitely didn't age well, but this band seems to be a staple of the 90s, and sometimes it's okay if things stay that way (not everything should age well, and I find it curious that people are okay with things that are shamelessly '80s but a handful of '90s bands cause a frothing rage in people on these forums). Maybe in another 10 years more people will look back to the music of the '90s/early '00s with more fondness because it's safely 20 years behind us.

Also I like how that one dude replied seriously to thecaptainof and completely missed his sarcasm.

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Bront  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: DLC Week of 10/4 - Limp Bizkit Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
xGaberadex wrote:
cdylan13 wrote:
welcome to the worst DLC of 2011!
I think I'd have to go with Stone Sour or Puddle Of Mudd :P
Linkin Park you mean. Stone Sour is cool and Puddle Of Mudd is a good Alice in Chains/Nirvana hybrid.
Yeah, that's why the Linkin Park pack is the second best selling DLC (Yes, the entire pack) behind TTF&F (Charting at 366 out of 1658) (and yes, ignoring the free pack).

Nah, sales wise, the worst pack has got to the Bob Marley 01, which has barely outsold the Vines pack.

Me, I'll probably snag "My Way", and maybe "Nookie". But I'm not really hot for either, so we'll see the charts.

Edit: Since it was asked earlier, here's the single ranks for LP
476 "In the End"
602 "Numb"
694 "What I've Done"
716 "Crawling"
846 "Somewhere I Belong"
963 "Waiting for the End"

All numbers are as of Tuesday, the 27th.

Also, If we get "Faith", I think we're more likely to get George Micheal's version (which I think more folks would buy).

Songs: Just over 1000.

Last edited by Bront on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
JTHomeslice  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Also I like how that one dude replied seriously to thecaptainof and completely missed his sarcasm.

I didn't miss his sarcasm, I'm just always looking to use the Old Spice man.

Also, you're sarcasm.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: DLC Week of 10/4 - Limp Bizkit Reply with quote

Bront wrote:
TensionSpree wrote:
xGaberadex wrote:
cdylan13 wrote:
Linkin Park you mean. Stone Sour is cool and Puddle Of Mudd is a good Alice in Chains/Nirvana hybrid.
Yeah, that's why the Linkin Park pack is the second best selling DLC (Yes, the entire pack) behind TTF&F (Charting at 366 out of 1658) (and yes, ignoring the free pack).
Looking on DLC Quickplay, TTFAF has just over 1.3k users, while the huge Doors pack has Light My Fire at around 2.1k with a couple others over 2k users as well

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: DLC Week of 10/4 - Limp Bizkit Reply with quote

xGaberadex wrote:
Bront wrote:
TensionSpree wrote:
xGaberadex wrote:
cdylan13 wrote:
Looking on DLC Quickplay, TTFAF has just over 1.3k users, while the huge Doors pack has Light My Fire at around 2.1k with a couple others over 2k users as well
I think I'll trust XBox's reporting over DLC Quickplay's voluntary reporting. Besides, don't forget 3 of those songs were free for a week when RB3 was released.

Songs: Just over 1000.
DragoonXD  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: DLC Week of 10/4 - Limp Bizkit Reply with quote

xGaberadex wrote:
Bront wrote:
TensionSpree wrote:
xGaberadex wrote:
cdylan13 wrote:

http://rockbandscores.com/popularity.cgi

In the End is destroying the amount of scores of songs that are now years old.

CNS  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
I'm looking forward to My Way. Still think Nookie is just as immature and lame today as it was when I first heard it. Indifferent to the other two songs, though I personally think Re-Arranged sounds way too much like a laid-back remix of My Way (same sort of syncopated vocal samples, and pretty much the same theme, though less angry).

It's hard for a song to sound like a remix of another song when that other song wasn't even recorded at the time of the first song's release. Unless Fred Durst and crew really are talented enough to make it seem that way. If so, bravo fellows, bravo.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNS wrote:
Icemage wrote:

It's hard for a song to sound like a remix of another song when that other song wasn't even recorded at the time of the first song's release. Unless Fred Durst and crew really are talented enough to make it seem that way. If so, bravo fellows, bravo.

Either way, they both sound similar to my ears. I'm not much of a Limp Bizkit fan (as you can tell, lol). Didn't grow up with them or anything, but My Way is catchy.

I still think there's way more hate on the band than is strictly warranted though, especially around here. Sometimes I get the impression that a big chunk of ScoreHero goes out of their way to hate on anything that's remotely popular (Linkin Park, Lady Gaga, Nickelback, etc.) just because it's popular, as if agreeing with the majority somehow makes a statement that you are less unique.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: