FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
10/4 DLC: Limp Bizkit.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: DLC Week of 10/4 - Limp Bizkit Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
Wait, are you guys trying to name the worst DLC of 2011, or the best selling DLC of 2011? Seems like you're pretty close to the latter.

Have you not been around this site long enough to know how it works? Sells well = popular; popular = bad. Best-selling = most popular; most popular = worst.

Anyway, I'll pass on this Limp Bizkit stuff. I wasn't a huge fan back in the day and, like someone said, it hasn't aged all that well.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
JTHomeslice  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: DLC Week of 10/4 - Limp Bizkit Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Mystakin wrote:
Wait, are you guys trying to name the worst DLC of 2011, or the best selling DLC of 2011? Seems like you're pretty close to the latter.

Have you not been around this site long enough to know how it works? Sells well = popular; popular = bad. Best-selling = most popular; most popular = worst.

Look, everything popular isn't bad. That's a fucking idiotic stance to have. What I'm saying is Linkin Park is a fucking godawful band. I can at least laugh at Limp Bizkit. There is nothing good about Linkin Park.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Slipknot then Limp Bizkit? You're on a roll, Harmonix. What's next, Kesha?

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even John Drake preempted this by saying he has to write press releases for bands he doesn't like sometimes.

It wouldn't be so bad if other dlc was coming out, but it's near the holidays when the dlc always slows down. Oh well, I hope some of you guys enjoy it.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
Even John Drake preempted this by saying he has to write press releases for bands he doesn't like sometimes.

It wouldn't be so bad if other dlc was coming out, but it's near the holidays when the dlc always slows down. Oh well, I hope some of you guys enjoy it.

I thought it was always /after/ the holidays that DLC "slowed down" and it was the fall-holiday season where it picked up.
DragoonXD  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerminX13 wrote:
Wow. Slipknot then Limp Bizkit? You're on a roll, Harmonix. What's next, Kesha?

I would be okay with this.

Blehgopie  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:

I thought it was always /after/ the holidays that DLC "slowed down" and it was the fall-holiday season where it picked up.

Considering a vast majority of the post-RB3 DLC has been some of the best DLC in the franchises history, I'm not too worried about a few slumps.

The only problem with post-RB3 DLC has been the lack of quantity, which for most weeks was made up for with quality.

Mystakin  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: DLC Week of 10/4 - Limp Bizkit Reply with quote

JTHomeslice wrote:
Look, everything popular isn't bad. That's a fucking idiotic stance to have. What I'm saying is Linkin Park is a fucking godawful band. I can at least laugh at Limp Bizkit. There is nothing good about Linkin Park.

Considering In The End is one of, if not THE, best selling piece of RB3 DLC, most of the Rock Band buying public disagrees with you. It's fine if you don't like Linkin Park, or Bruno Mars, or Limp Bizkit, or whatever, but get over the fact that MOST RB buyers do. Unsupported statements like this based entirely on your perception of what makes music "good" are totally worthless and only serve to make you look like an elitist ass.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blehgopie wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:

Considering a vast majority of the post-RB3 DLC has been some of the best DLC in the franchises history, I'm not too worried about a few slumps.

The only problem with post-RB3 DLC has been the lack of quantity, which for most weeks was made up for with quality.

I was making any mention of quality, I was just noting that the DLC release schedule usually picks up in the fall, and slumps in the winter and summer. I'm a fan of pretty much all HMX's dlc releases.
urikobb3  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picking up My Way for a laugh. Even my teenage-self thought Nookie was terrible though
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: DLC Week of 10/4 - Limp Bizkit Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
JTHomeslice wrote:

Considering In The End is one of, if not THE, best selling piece of RB3 DLC, most of the Rock Band buying public disagrees with you. It's fine if you don't like Linkin Park, or Bruno Mars, or Limp Bizkit, or whatever, but get over the fact that MOST RB buyers do. Unsupported statements like this based entirely on your perception of what makes music "good" are totally worthless and only serve to make you look like an elitist ass.
Any evidence? TTFAF and Piano Man are the two highest selling songs. I don't recall In The End, which would be significantly less recognized as opposed to Crawling, which WOULD be more recognized due to notoriety selling that high. I know the pack collectively is in the Top 10, but well... I'm not so sure why it sold so much, or what types of people bought it...

Anyway, definitely skipping. Money saved for better DLC.

Oh, and Bruno Mars didn't sell well at all. No one knows who he is unless you watch late-night (2-6AM or something) MTV or something.

Recent FCs: Man In The Box (Guitar)

Will not remove this in my signature until "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold is added to Rock Band DLC.
Started: July 31st, 2010
Still don't wanna remove it! Happy it's here, though!
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: DLC Week of 10/4 - Limp Bizkit Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
JTHomeslice wrote:

That isn't actually true. You have no idea what the majority of RB buyers like or don't like. All sales tell you is which bands have sold the most. Say five people voted on their favourite bands. Two people say Limp Bizkit, three people pick a different band each. Limp Bizkit would have the most votes, but if you asked them which band they hated the most it's entirely possible those three people would say Limp Bizkit. Not to mention the wide range in between where you may like a song, but not enough to jump out and buy it right away. Nickleback is a hugely successful band, but I'd wager if you asked people whether they hated them it would be a much higher number than their fans. That's speculation of course, but you get my point.
JTHomeslice  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: DLC Week of 10/4 - Limp Bizkit Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
JTHomeslice wrote:

That's fine! Frankly, I'm happy when packs like those come out because Harmonix will make swimming pools of money. I just won't buy them.

Also, please show me where I said anything about the people who buy those packs. Don't put words in my mouth.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Otto's actually a pretty good drummer. Couldn't really tell you much about any of these individual tracks, but drummers might want to check the videos before they dismiss this pack completely.
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely massive pass here, can't wait to see what next week's DLC is
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: