FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
iPather - The New Interactive Way to Path
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I tried to generate a chart of an existing song it wouldn't work. But now today when I tried to generate a chart from a midi, it says "Upload Error: 7". I've been kind of relying on this so idk what to do now.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I've been talking with DarylZero and unfortunately, Heroku shut down in November and it's impossible to create or modify any path. really sad day indeed.

No clue what it would take to revive, waiting an answer on that

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uploading to gen charts seems to be working again though.
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's back down. Every uploaded chart is says:
"Failed to create_chart, exit code was 0x0051 (81). Error details below:"

(There are no details below, however. I added the underscore to the error message b/c it was tripping a profanity filter or something.)
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah and don't expect it will ever work again. sad day indeed.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anybody who ever made blank charts ever made their chart painter available locally. Is there any way to generate blank charts? Could somebody be convinced to make their blank charts generator available for people to generate their own charts locally?

As it stands right now I'm looking at, I guess taking a bunch of screenshots of the midi.
Sservis  

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajanata's code is on github I believe How accurate it is or what it would take to run it, I'm not sure.

https://github.com/ajanata/rock-band-chart-generator
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi was able to run it and generate the missing bass path for my apathtoofar backup. it was a mess apparently but it worked.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall, ajanata never finished harmonies? At least none of the uploaded charts have them working correctly. It draws part vocals, harm 1 (usually the lead again), and harm 2, rather than harms 1, 2, and 3. I remember having to go in game and manually write down where harm 3 was located. Still 1000x better than nothing.

ipather's error has changed yet again, for the worse. It now says "Upload error: 7", and now you can no longer generate pathstats either. I remember there used to be a source for pathstats, was that just another function of ajanata's chart painter, or was it a separate thing?
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harmonies was always a no-go. as for ipather, no clue, if only Daryl could chime in on the subject...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viewing previously generated paths on https://ipather.tmullin.net/ and uploading midis on http://site.tmullin.net/ipather/songlisting.php should be working again. This was due to my server running out of disk space again. I don't have monitoring in place, and as you can tell, I don't check in on this very frequently.

Still thinking about ideas for replacing Heroku as I don't really want to pay for that on top of AWS, but not making any promises as to if/when I'll get around to looking into it seriously.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Thanks.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarylZero wrote:
Still thinking about ideas for replacing Heroku as I don't really want to pay for that on top of AWS, but not making any promises as to if/when I'll get around to looking into it seriously.

how much yearly we're talking here ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:05 pm    Post subject: iPather - The New Interactive Way to Path Reply with quote

Pro Guitar & Pro Bass can actually be seen as Scrolling Tablature.
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pleased to inform you all that I've had some time (and some motivation) around the holidays to spend on iPather and was able to migrate it from Heroku to AWS Lambda/serverless (for those who care about some of the technical details)!

In short, creating/editing/viewing paths should be working* on https://ipather.tmullin.net/ and blank charts + pathstats should be working on http://site.tmullin.net/ipather/ (including custom midis).

I believe I corrected some "mixed content" issues preventing things from working in Chrome. If you notice an issue and are using Chrome, please try it in Firefox if you can and let me know.

Also I fixed an issue related to songs that had underscores/non alphanumeric characters (e.g. all RBN songs) in the midi name failing to load (from https://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=707741#707741).

*Unfortunately you can't log via Facebook anymore if you previously linked your Facebook and iPather accounts, but please try using the password reset link instead to get a password reset link emailed to you.

New user registration does also seem to work.

Thanks to Cabanon for helping with some testing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: