FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
iPather - The New Interactive Way to Path
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: iPather - The New Interactive Way to Path Reply with quote

What started with my blank RB3 charts has been leading to this: an easy to use web application for finding and creating paths that displays overdrive activations and the correctly calculated score based on the path.

http://ipather.tmullin.net:81/

For some basic information on getting started with my site, see the help page.
http://ipather.tmullin.net:81/pages/help

To be clear, this does not automatically generate paths, like The Rocktimizer, but rather allows you to interactively create a path, somewhat like PathHero, but with an improved interface and it continually recalculates the estimated score when you adjust activations.

Some notable features:

• uses the same system that creates my blank charts
  • vocal activation windows are now drawn with a 100ms padding on both sides, which is the value I believe is seen in-game
  • handles funky band multiplier when vocal overdrive is active (2x/3x/4x/5x instead of 2x/4x/6x/8x)

Some current limitations:

• it is not possible to indicate squeezing
  • score calculation is only available in the Rock Band 3 engine though songs are available that are impossible to play within RB3 (e.g. TBRB, RB1 exclusives)
  • all charts are displayed at 16 beats per row, which can make them quite large for long/multi-part charts
  • there are minor (but annoying for me) rounding errors for vocals in particular

As with anything, there are likely to be some bugs so please let me know about them here.

Currently this site does not eliminate the need of the old site for blank charts and pathstats.

Looking forward to feedback.

Thanks.

Last edited by DarylZero on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:28 am; edited 3 times in total
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's pretty cool. I'm not a pather or anything, but does this look right or so?
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have gotten optimal with that!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As cool as it is to have the auto score calculating, i'd still use pathstats due to the sole fact that I can exclude fills. Not excluding fills really makes it hard to see whether or not the path will hit or exceed the 1st place score, which in my case for solo drums, is pretty important as I work through all the early tier stuff in my attempt at True Music Fan and beyond. Visual paths are great tho, and it's great implementation of it. Somehow figuring out the fill exclusion would make it choice.

Deschain  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I learned how to path with Excel, this was an idea I'd had, years ago! Craziness how it's actually possible, amazing job.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great so far! The only annoying thing is how your charts are drawn. With the full band chart being so zoomed in its hard actually see different spots to activate as you have to scroll a lot. And the end squeeze windows are very hard to make out whether its an end squeeze or a seperate phrase But this idea was something i had hoped for a long time ago. Thanks for making it possible!
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've added the ability to toggle drum fills, just click to toggle or right click to toggle and insert an activation right after.

I put the path for Antibodies x drums up and it appears to be the correct score (at least for the non crazy squeeze scores).
http://ipather.tmullin.net:81/paths/view/26
http://rockband.scorehero.com/rankings.php?game=9&platform=2&size=1&group=3&diff=4&vox=solo&song=3930&page=1&highlight=5

Honestly that was something I had planned on doing. I actually had the groundwork laid out for myself already. At some point I switched focus from the actual score calculation to creating the web interface in the first place and hadn't gotten a chance to go back to it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured I'd try out a pro keys path, and with some working with excel pathstats for numbers, found what appears to be the current top score path for subdivisions. Pathstats has a funky score, but iPather appears spot on. Great job with the calculations on the fly!

r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so, with that annoying vocal multiplier glitch, it's really annoying to path for RB3. The whole thing is basically trial and error, and previous ways of calculating scores for paths took too long to make it worth it. This thing actually makes it possible, lol. Thank you!

Are there plans for pro guitar charts? If the problem is drawing them, well, all that really matters is that is says where the points are.

The Polly chart looks skewed? There should be unisons in there, shouldn't there?
Iggy-Sparks  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice done! I did Charlene
http://ipather.tmullin.net:81/paths/view/35
Is it possible to add songs that are not in your database?
Edit : ES would be a nice thing to add
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like polly should get unison bonuses as seen in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiCu9ve9gfU

if you look in m15 of the multi-part chart you can see how the green OD backgrounds line up for guitar/bass and they get the UB indicator but the background for drums is shifted to the left a bit, which is why ipather does not think there is a UB
http://site.tmullin.net:81/ipather/charts/xguitar_xbass_xdrums/polly_xguitar_xbass_xdrums_blank.png

i suppose the question is is the logic for determining UB simply that the OD sections overlap at all as opposed to line up exactly. i believe i was having a similar issue with certain key charts.

r0bd0g, i simply haven't had the chance to explore pro guitar/bass as of yet.

if anyone has the ability to obtain midis/dtas from DLC that i do not have feel free to send me a PM.

iggy, do you mean being able to indicate end squeezing? there are too many acronyms around here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, end squeezing.
But only Full end squeezing, would that be a problem?
Only a tool that makes the part of the phrase worth 4000 pts for example?
If not then I don't think this is gonna be so useful for pathing (estimated scores won't help then)

I can say that Roundabout, Walking on the Sun and Jealous guy keys and pro keys haven't got their unisson bonus showed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McDuboff
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ajanata's charts actually show those unisons as being lined up. Your whole chart is skewed by 1/16th.
DarylZero  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems my midi for polly got corrupted in such a way as to only shift the drum track but not screw anything else up. i replaced it with a backup copy and it seems to be fine now. granted the activation position in the path needs to be updated now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this (chose Expert Guitar)

http://ipather.tmullin.net:81/paths/create/basketcase

And Cold as Ice has the same problem with Unisson Bonus on Keys/Pro keys

And your toggle drumming thing is nice but when you put an activation, it's counting the last note of the fill in the overdrive so I always have to move it a little bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: