FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
9/24 DLC: Slipknot Four-Pack!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
Quote:
British Steel Judas Priest
Screaming For Vengeance should count too. British Steel is cool, though.

Quote:
lighter Metallica
If only... I wish 90s Metallica was in RB. Too bad I know a DLC pack would probably just be the 80s stuff.

Overall, thumbs up.
On-topic, though, how long are these songs? I know Wait And Bleed is incredibly short, are the others short too?

I'll say this: I support anything that is interesting as DLC/RBN. I don't care what part of interesting it falls under as long as it's an interesting thing to have in the game. (So fun charts, things that change how the game is perceived like the Ziltoid RBN thing, or a wildly off-normal genre like ambient, drone, noise or a cappela.) Generally lighter pop/rock/metal isn't all that interesting in any of those ways.

This particular pack only really has a shot at the interesting chart aspect, of course. (Their previous examples show that it's likely.)

To answer the song length question (all four songs, based on album versions):

Wait and Bleed: 2:27
Left Behind: 4:01
Pulse of the Maggots: 4:19
Snuff: 4:36

So as the songs get newer, they get longer as well. (At least in terms of this pack.) I'd guess that the ~3.8 minute average length of this pack is about average for the RB platform, so it's not a huge deal. (Of course, Wait and Bleed is a blatant outlier. >__>)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm...I just saw the chart for Pulse of the Maggots.

Umm...that is legitimately some of the worst charting I have ever seen. What is even going on in either solo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR-l7pQfW3E&feature=channel_video_title

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually I'm one to sympathize with Harmonix about solo charting, as I enjoyed most of Rust in Peace as well as some other questionable ones. Those solos are just straight up fucking retarded. That is the perfect situation where they should've simplified it down to make it fun but instead it literally looks completely random.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both solos looked like a mix of Kerry King's soloing and Veil of Illumination's keys solo. (It even managed to sound like King's standard "I'm just gonna flail" solo!) In other words, accurate, but utterly stupid. I can't fault HMX for striving for accuracy (especially when it's something obviously stupid just hearing it, then compressed into a mere five different "notes"), but in terms of gameplay this is certainly a questionable thing.

It's a shame HMX never implemented any sort of thing where the engine is more lenient in solos or similar. (Then again changing the engine on people is probably bad in itself, even if it would make this sort of nonsense easier in the long run.)

I do understand why this song wasn't one of the two Protar songs though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see anything wrong with it. Looks and sounds accurate.

And RB3 is plenty loose, why do so many people say it's tight? Tight is RB2.

Recent FCs: Man In The Box (Guitar)

Will not remove this in my signature until "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold is added to Rock Band DLC.
Started: July 31st, 2010
Still don't wanna remove it! Happy it's here, though!
TQSG  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:

That's what's wrong with it.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TQSG
Pas26  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:

Lol. RB3 is not looser than RB2, in any form or shape. At best they're equal. Strum limit removal doesn't make it looser, as the timing window did not get larger.

"I dong see anything wrong with it". Have you slowed it down? Is it SO sloppy that they had to choose this form of charting? I could chart anything that remotely follows the general pattern of this solo, and people would find it accurate if I had an Harmonix cap on my head.

Most solos that are in these games can be charted as bullshit like that, but developpers never charted like that until recently, because it's just stupid to replicate every strum the guitarist does. Even Harmonix wasn't charting like this back in the Constant Motion days. This is the worst DLC chart I have ever seen. At best it is vomit inducing.

What's even worse is that they are encouraging the retarded RBN charts. Hell, I thought these charters were shit, but now I consider Harmonix as being worse. I am going to slow this shit down tonight, oh yes I will.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last warning on flaming. If you don't like someone to the point where you can't civilly disagree, don't hit reply.
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:

Since my last comment was evidently too inflammatory I'll try again....

This is not accurate. This is an overcharted mis-charted piece of ass. People are being paid to make these charts and this isn't the result that we expect.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Normally I defend HMX charting all the way (for example, Wait and Bleed's main riff may be awkward, but it's not nearly as stupid or "wrong" as a lot of people are making it out to be), but those solos are just idiotic. Like, the middle third or so of solo 1 is charted pretty decently, but outside of that it's just stupid.

Look, I understand the intent. Sloppy or weird soloing sometimes deserves sloppy or weird charting to match. It worked in Black Magic, it worked in No Sleep Till Brooklyn (ohai kerry king again), it worked in the Hendrix songs. But really. REALLY. There's authoring meant to intentionally capture the feel of a sloppy solo, then there's this. And I've been so happy with HMX solo charting recently. This is a step in the wrong direction.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glancing at the video, the first half of solo 1 in Pulse of the Maggots is just a clusterfuck on guitar. I know that's how it actually sounds too, but I have to agree with what seems to be majority opinion: a little too hyper-accurate, as it's no longer intuitive. The rest of solo 1 at least makes more sense, and solo 2 seems mostly ok.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random-as-fuck guitar spamming charted as random-as-fuck guitar spamming. And... that's a problem these days? I remember a time on Scorehero when anything less would've raised massive cries of undercharting. I guess I missed something somewhere along the line.

Honestly, I'd have more of a query about the vocal charting. How is any of that pitched?

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: 9/24 DLC: Slipknot Four-Pack! Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii on September 27th, 2011:
  • Wait And Bleed by Slipknot (X)

• Left Behind by Slipknot

• Pulse Of The Maggots by Slipknot

• Snuff by Slipknot (X)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system September 28th)

The Slipknot tracks will be available as “Slipknot Pack 01”, and all tracks will be available for purchase individually on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$6.99, £3.49 UK, €5.29 EU (560 Microsoft Points, 700 Wii Points™) for “Slipknot Pack 01”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Country Song by Seether (160 MSP)

• The Curse by Amberian Dawn (160 MSP)

• Piano Sonata No. 11 - Ronda Alla Turca (Mozart) by Thomas Walker (80 MSP)

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

• Remember by Jenium

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3 (or will be when PSN comes back), and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

No songs are being released to PS3 RBN on 09/27. Ten songs will be released on 10/4. Harmonix says they have something "Extra special" planned for 10/11 and will announce what it is on 10/6.

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
What's even worse is that they are encouraging the retarded RBN charts. Hell, I thought these charters were shit, but now I consider Harmonix as being worse. I am going to slow this shit down tonight, oh yes I will.

I'm glad to see my, and others', hard work and enjoyable authoring gets no recognition through the negativity lens of the masses. Be upset at HMX for authoring something you don't like, but don't degrade RBN over something that doesn't even involve it.

As for my personal thoughts on the chart, can't say I'm a huge fan. I still find charts like Child in Time's solo, RiP's authorings, and other stuff to be very fun... but this definitely didn't look enjoyable to me. I'm sure someone will like it, but I sure don't. It's a bit of a shame since I think the rest of the song looks really fun.

At least the other charts looked good, and drums looked SUPER fun. Picking the pack up for that alone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pack isn't up on PSN. Just says unavailable! Any ideas?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: vkw619
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: