FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB3Maker: easy .rba to XBox 360 customs (Jan02: 2.1.0.80 beta)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic :: View next topic  
espher  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

feredhel wrote:
Great!!! you are my new best friend!!! you gave me really good news!!!.

I downloaded the RB3 tools, are this the tools?
why do i need an account on the Creators site??

Thanks a lot!! again. and sorry for my english

With an account, you get access to their forums. While I wouldn't post on them if you're just a custom creator, it's a good resource for troubleshooting any problems you run into. :p

My understanding is that you needed to have an account to download the tools from this page as well.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
espher  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: Disregard this post, I guess.

I think I have the code figured out. Time to build the form and see if it gives me magical upgrade and dummy packages.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
CyclopsDragon  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking back through this thread and I saw the posts about 10+ minute songs, and how there wasn't really a way to get them to work properly. The situation I'm thinking about might be rather rare (I want to work on a project like this), but might there be any way to build multiple valid RBA files and then compile those into one CON, or maybe multiple CONs into one? For the thing I'd like to do, the entire thing would be 23 minutes, but there are spots which give ample empty time for all of the instruments to create 3 valid RBA files. Basically, what I'd want to do is just pin the start of the second part right onto the end of the first part, and the same for the third part. I've already been thinking about roadblocks, such as having multiple end events, music start and music end events, and if those can't be sorted out during the conversion, then there's not much of a reason to look into it. Still, just so I know, is this even a remote possibility?

EvilCornbread  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
File name: 'C:\RBN\NeverThere_RB3Maker\NeverThere.rb3maker.milo_xbox'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at WindowsFormsApplication1.frmRB3Maker.RBAExtractFiles(String folder, String basename, Convert_Option convert_option)

What is this "milo" file that I appear to be missing when trying to reconstitute my rb3con file?
Nyxyxylyth  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilCornbread wrote:
Quote:
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at WindowsFormsApplication1.frmRB3Maker.RBAExtractFiles(String folder, String basename, Convert_Option convert_option)

What is this "milo" file that I appear to be missing when trying to reconstitute my rb3con file?

PM me the whole log please - that little snippet doesn't tell the whole story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Nyxyxylyth
EvilCornbread  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First -- RB3Maker is super awesome. It's slick, easy to use, and just works.

One suggestion though: whenever I'm creating an rb3maker.zip file or building a con file from one, RB3Maker generates a bunch of intermediate files -- and it would be great if it put those files in a subdirectory.

Currently I'm doing a bunch of bugfix refreshes on a song I'm charting and I want to make sure the RB3Maker-to-rb3con path works, but I'm never quite sure which files got generated from the "package into a rb3maker.zip" step and which files I need to update from my source files.
onyxite  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nyxyxylyth wrote:
EvilCornbread wrote:
Quote:

PM me the whole log please - that little snippet doesn't tell the whole story.

I had this same problem. When doing rb3maker.zip -> RBA -> CON, RB3Maker assumes there is a milo_xbox in the zip file, even though it's not required. Then, when making the CON, it doesn't extract the milo_xbox from the RBA -- it just looks for the one from the rb3maker.zip, and errors if it's not there. So you either need to supply a dummy one, or just choose the "Convert RBA" option after it gives you this error, which just uses the milo_xbox from the RBA. Or the bug could get fixed, but I'm not sure if development on RB3Maker is still active.
DJZJA  

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Lots of headaches Reply with quote

I've tried just about everything I could think of to get this working. I first downloaded the stable install and clicked the setup executable, to receive the error message "Application cannot be started. Contact the application vender." When I clicked details, the specific nature of the error was "Activation of D:\RB3Maker\RB3Maker.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected: + Store metadata "DeploymentProviderUri" is not valid." So I figured it must be a corrupt installer. No problem, right? So I downloaded it again and tried again. Same problem. I tried the beta version. Same problem. I downloaded the source code, took a class on visual studio and .Net, bought visual studio, and built it myself after about a month of work. Now as soon as I click the executable I built, it launches, nothing appears on screen, and checking task manager reveals that after a minute of doing nothing, it simply quits. What on earth am I doing wrong? Is there any way someone could help me with this? Also, I would appreciate it if anyone could direct me as to how to downconvert rb3con files to rba files, the whole point of installing this in the first place to try and do so. Thank you!
Nyxyxylyth  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Lots of headaches Reply with quote

DJZJA wrote:
bought visual studio, and built it myself after about a month of work

Unfortunate - I built it using the free version.

DJZJA wrote:
I would appreciate it if anyone could direct me as to how to downconvert rb3con files to rba files, the whole point of installing this in the first place to try and do so. Thank you!

You've got it backwards - RB3Maker converts RBA files into rb3cons, not the other way round.

What is your real use case? Are you trying to get customs into Audition Mode?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Nyxyxylyth
Dante77  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bump this, but I want to make customs again and I'm missing rb3maker. The links here are dead. Are there any mirrors?

Hope someone can help me, thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, found out CONTools and Magma C3 existed. Should have searched better lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: