FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB3Maker: easy .rba to XBox 360 customs (Jan02: 2.1.0.80 beta)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I was trying to get RB3Maker to build a CON file using an actual DLC file (I'm trying to add harmonies to legacy songs) and it seems that it has problems parsing the songs.dta file at all depending on the format. It's okay with the type that Magma makes where each tag is on a separate line and surrounded by quotes like this:

Code:
(
   'mysongid'
   (
      'name'
      "This Is The Title"
   )
   (
      'artist'
      "The Artist Goes Here"
   )

The original format looked like this:

Code:
(mysongid
   (name "This Is The Title")
   (artist "The Artist Goes Here")

I found that I could get it to parse the original songs.dta file from the DLC if I made it match this format exactly, but that shouldn't really be necessary IMO. Perhaps some more flexible parsing could be on the list of improvements to this otherwise awesome program?

For reference, the exact error message said this:

Code:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at WindowsFormsApplication1.frmRB3Maker.ParseSongsDta(String filename)

I got the exact same message, even as I altered each piece of data (song title, artist, etc.) in order to get a little bit further in the process each time. What exactly is it looking for here, besides the song ID in order to name the folder structure appropriately? I can't seem to get it past the base song name validation.

Code:
Pass: song name is okay - mysongid
Pass: song name is okay - This Is The Title
Pass: Artist - The Artist
Pass: base song name is okay - mysongid

It should check song_id and game_origin after that, according to another successful build I referenced. I have those two lines in the exact same format, which unlike the song name part is all one line, but the tag still has single quotes. The song_id doesn't have any quotes around it, but the game_origin of "ugc_plus" has single quotes. I'm not sure if RB3Maker cares about this. There are also a bunch of comment lines in the official songs.dta file which start with a semi-colon. I removed those in case RB3Maker doesn't know to skip them.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DorkmasterFlek wrote:
I found that I could get it to parse the original songs.dta file from the DLC if I made it match this format exactly, but that shouldn't really be necessary IMO. Perhaps some more flexible parsing could be on the list of improvements to this otherwise awesome program?

Exactly right - right now RB3Maker expects the song name by itself on line two, etc., etc.

I'm a bit afraid to make the parsing more flexible, because I'm not entirely sure what RB3 will put up with. But I can certainly tweak it enough to accept the format you're seeing.

The basic format RB3Maker is expecting is like so:
Code:

(
   'basesong'
   (
      'name'
      "song name"
   )
   (
      'artist'
      "songartist"
   )
   ('master' 1)
   (
      'song'
      (
         'name'
         "songs/basesong/basesong"
      )

You can see the current limitations by looking at ParseSongsDta in frmRB3Maker.cs. Nothing fancy.

Please PM me a troublesome songs.dta and I'll try to get everything resolved in one pass.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I forgot you have the source code in the original post. That's a big help. It's giving a crash when parsing the songs.dta, but it apparently still continues past that point. The other problem now is that it's trying to convert the album art keep_png file, but I'm not sure why this is necessary for building a full song out of existing files. Shouldn't it just add the keep_png file to the CON package and be done with it? I'm wondering if, on a real DLC file, the keep_png file is a different format, or possibly encrypted like the MOGG file is.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DorkmasterFlek wrote:
The other problem now is that it's trying to convert the album art keep_png file, but I'm not sure why this is necessary for building a full song out of existing files. Shouldn't it just add the keep_png file to the CON package and be done with it? I'm wondering if, on a real DLC file, the keep_png file is a different format, or possibly encrypted like the MOGG file is.

Spot-on. RB3Maker always expects to do the picture conversion now, only because I never thought of just using the one that's already there.

But you still need to PM me a songs.dta it doesn't like!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technicolor wrote:
Spot-on. RB3Maker always expects to do the picture conversion now, only because I never thought of just using the one that's already there.

But you still need to PM me a songs.dta it doesn't like!

Ack, yeah I'll get on that tonight. I've been really busy this week so far.
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I PM'd you the songs.dta I was having trouble with, and I also figured out how to solve the album art conversion issue (aside from updating the program to not do it at all of course). It was expecting a .BMP file for the album art, but there was none of course. However, for some reason, this didn't cause a failure in the initial conversion call. It created the extra encoding file for it (.DDS or something like that) and tried to convert the .BMP to the encoded PNG, which of course failed at that point. I just used a RB3 package icon file enlarged to 256 x 256 and saved as a 32 bit BMP named correctly to circumvent this.

It builds properly now, but the only thing is that the venue triggers seem to not work. They're still in the MIDI file; I didn't alter that part, just added the extra HARM# tracks. I'm thinking it's because there are several other files that aren't normally part of the RBA files that Magma generates. They're named <songname>.vox, <songname>.vocab and a few others. I think they're older files that aren't used in newer DLC. Obviously, they don't get picked up when RB3Maker is building the file. I'm guessing these are the cause, but I haven't tried putting them into the CON file manually yet to verify. In any case, the song itself works fine and I can make harmonies for it, so that's a plus.
yamamoto114  

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been having problems running this. I recently reformatted my computer, and when I try to run this, it says I don't have .NET 4.0 installed. Except I do. So that makes no sense.

Tried uninstall, reinstall, restart, etc. Nothing works. It doesn't seem to recognize that I have .NET installed already. =(
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Takeru Yamamoto PSN Name: DivideByIchi
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yamamoto114 wrote:
Been having problems running this. I recently reformatted my computer, and when I try to run this, it says I don't have .NET 4.0 installed. Except I do. So that makes no sense.

Tried uninstall, reinstall, restart, etc. Nothing works. It doesn't seem to recognize that I have .NET installed already. =(

Let's dig a little deeper. Can you pull up Control Panel / Programs and Features, and list off the versions you've got installed?

Should go something like this:

Code:
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile  .... version 4.0.30319
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended .... version 4.0.30319

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technicolor wrote:
yamamoto114 wrote:

Let's dig a little deeper. Can you pull up Control Panel / Programs and Features, and list off the versions you've got installed?

Should go something like this:

Code:
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile  .... version 4.0.30319
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended .... version 4.0.30319

lol. When I opened it up, it was listed, but it was unchecked for some ungodly reason. Guess that was my problem. Thanks for breadcrumbing me to it. :P
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Takeru Yamamoto PSN Name: DivideByIchi
trojannemo  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it a known issue to have non-standard characters refuse to show up in game correctly?

back when I was learning I asked in the creators.rockband.com forum about non-standard characters in lyrics not showing correctly and I was told to add 'encoding' 'latin1' to songs.dta.

i've tried converting DLC songs to CON as well as converting my own RBA compiled with Magma to CON and in both situations (tried many times now) I end up with incorrect characters for the song or artist name in the game.

this is getting extremely frustrating. any idea?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TrojanNemo
Nyxyxylyth  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trojannemo wrote:
is it a known issue to have non-standard characters refuse to show up in game correctly?

back when I was learning I asked in the creators.rockband.com forum about non-standard characters in lyrics not showing correctly and I was told to add 'encoding' 'latin1' to songs.dta.

i've tried converting DLC songs to CON as well as converting my own RBA compiled with Magma to CON and in both situations (tried many times now) I end up with incorrect characters for the song or artist name in the game.

this is getting extremely frustrating. any idea?

I don't have any experience with non-English characters in song titles or artist names, but I've got plenty with lyrics.

I had trouble passing the files back and forth with the authoring company until we settled on using Notepad++, with Encoding / Encode set to UTF-8. What are you using?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Nyxyxylyth
trojannemo  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhh I hope that's what it is.
i've been using NotePad++ but apparently it was set to "UTF-8 without BOM" not UTF-8

will give that a try now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TrojanNemo
trojannemo  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

worked on one song, not the other two. one was set to ANSI...that one is the one that worked once I changed it to UTF-8. the other two were on UTF-8 without BOM...changed to UTF-8...still same issue.

this sucks. one of those is Blue Oyster Cult's Burnin' For You from GH WoR...which is totally done and ready to be released...pending this "issue"

EDIT: I spent soo many hours yesterday trying different things...nothing worked. here's what I have tried.

- setting the document to Encode in ANSI, and typing in the character (Alt + 153 for the Ö). saving as ANSI and putting it in game.

- setting the document to Encode in UTF-8, and typing in the character, saving as UTF-8 and putting it in game.

- setting the document to Encode in ANSI, typing the character in, then setting the document to UTF-8 (Character changes to a weird symbol), saving as UTF-8 and putting it ingame.

- opening the songs.dta from a Harmonix Blue Oyster Cult, and replacing all the text inside with the text of my songs.dta file, and saving in its existing format (ANSI is the format that Trasmaniacon's songs.dta is in) and putting it in game.

I did this also with a latin song that has the ñ character (alt + 164).

none of those attempts worked. I deleted and rebuilt my song cache everytime, and seeing as I have 2,900 songs...it's very freaking annoying.

I always end up with the Ö or the ñ being replaced in game with a capital A with a squiggly line on top. even though the characters it's failing to show up are different, it's replacing both with the same character.

WHAT AM I MISSING?! i'm about to blow a gasket here.
ObeyDrX  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to sound like a complete imbecile, but I can't even get RB3Maker to work. Clicking either the setup file or the RB3Maker application results in an error message saying "Application cannot be started." Suggestions? Or am I just screwed?
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ObeyDrX wrote:
Sorry to sound like a complete imbecile, but I can't even get RB3Maker to work. Clicking either the setup file or the RB3Maker application results in an error message saying "Application cannot be started." Suggestions? Or am I just screwed?

Not screwed yet - there's lots of wiggling we can do before you throw in the towel. Do you have the "OK" and "Details" options? If "Details" is available, copy the text and send it to me in a PM.

I haven't heard of this before, but here's what MSDN has to say:
Quote:
Error: "Cannot start the application"

This error message usually indicates that there is a problem installing this application into the ClickOnce store. Either the application has an error or the store is corrupted. The log file might tell you where the error occurred.

You should do the following:

Verify that the identity of the deployment manifest, identity of application manifest, and identity of the main application EXE are all unique.

Verify that your file paths are not longer than 100 characters. If your application contains file paths that are too long, you may exceed the limitations on the maximum path you can store. Try shortening the paths and reinstall.

What path is your user directory? Click on start and enter %APPDATA% - what is the full path of that folder? For example:
c:\users\me\AppData\Roaming

A great many paths to solutions out there, if you can send me the Details.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: