FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ziggy's Pro Guitar Upgrades (96) and Pro Upgrade Editor (Build 52)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dayman510  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: lots o 0s in pro bass Reply with quote

cheers for the effort ziggy but from what i played. Boys are back in town, unskinny bop, Alive, say it aint so round and round take the money and run all have zeros on bass in the entire song.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Loada b0wl 1st
columbo777  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: lots o 0s in pro bass Reply with quote

Ziggy prefers guitar on both tracks so he can "battle" online with custom pros. A recent influx of contributions has some of the newer songs with no bass at all. BUT, I redid ROUND AND ROUND in it entirety (the guitar solo was missing also) and its on my post in this board.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/747kdwkwpn4za0s/roundandroundpro

dayman510 wrote:
cheers for the effort ziggy but from what i played. Boys are back in town, unskinny bop, Alive, say it aint so round and round take the money and run all have zeros on bass in the entire song.

Last edited by columbo777 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
dayman510  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: ziggy newer pro customs Reply with quote

Thats cool. ive played with ziggy a few times. the guy is a killer. if the bass was changed to guitar on the newer stuff id be perfectly fine with that. Thank you columbo and thank you ziggy for all of your hard work. All the pro customizers thank you!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Loada b0wl 1st
Conker64  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone check if upgrades for customs work?

They're just not showing in the game, I cleared cache and I see them on usb stick fine (files are not corrupted), some examples:

Van Halen - Panama
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Guns 'n' Roses - Sweet Child 'O Mine

There are more, but just don't work.
columbo777  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not get these three to work either:

18 and Life
Welcome to the Jungle
We're not Gonna Take it

In the current ziggy pack, the SONG IDs are wrong for
We're Not Gonna Take it (should be WereNotGonnaTakeIt)
18 and Life (should be far_19andlife -and no that is NOT a typo)
Welcome to the Jungle (should be welcometothejungle)

Conker64 wrote:
Can someone check if upgrades for
customs work?

They're just not showing in the game, I cleared cache and I see them on usb stick fine (files are not corrupted), some examples:

Van Halen - Panama
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Guns 'n' Roses - Sweet Child 'O Mine

There are more, but just don't work.

Last edited by columbo777 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
raynebc  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made and tested a pro upgrade for a custom chart before. It works as long as both the upgrade and the custom are properly created and used.
EvinC  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
I've made and tested a pro upgrade for a custom chart before. It works as long as both the upgrade and the custom are properly created and used.

Just a little addon:

I've had weird experiences with customs and custom upgrades, where the song id would match but the upgrade wouldn't show up in game.

Looking at a custom upgrade from C3 showed me that you can actually put the pro tracks in the original midi and you don't need an 'upgrade'. The process I use is -

1) Extract custom song into its bare parts
2) Make upgrade
3) In Ziggy's newer versions, you can merge a pro midi and a 5tar midi, it helps a lot so using that simplifies a lot.
4) Repackage with the merged midi

Also you have to make sure to add lines in the songs.dta for real_guitar and real_bass so that they don't show NO PART in game.
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34918
columbo777  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I want to do this with ALL my pro files. i.e. combine the PRO files into a new CON file. You have oversimplified this, so let me review your steps so I understand:

1. Take the CON file without PRO injected and extract it. (songs.dta, song.mid, song.mogg, song milo.xbox, song_keep png.xbox). There should also be a directory structure, not just the files.

2. I assume this means "complete your PRO upgrade file in the ziggy editor"?

3. I am not following this step at all. I am using v65. Are you stating that on the TRACK EDITOR tab you should DRAG the completed pro tracks from the PRO side over to the 5 button side? Or are you saying to drag all the 5 button tracks over to the PRO side?

4. Do you mean "create a new CON package" from the Song Library tab?

EvinC wrote:
Just a little addon:

I've had weird experiences with customs and custom upgrades, where the song id would match but the upgrade wouldn't show up in game.

Looking at a custom upgrade from C3 showed me that you can actually put the pro tracks in the original midi and you don't need an 'upgrade'. The process I use is -

1) Extract custom song into its bare parts
2) Make upgrade
3) In Ziggy's newer versions, you can merge a pro midi and a 5tar midi, it helps a lot so using that simplifies a lot.
4) Repackage with the merged midi

Also you have to make sure to add lines in the songs.dta for real_guitar and real_bass so that they don't show NO PART in game.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More wrong SONG IDs:

Van Halen - Panama (should be GHVHpanama)
Metallica - Enter Sandman ??? (is not the live one)
Guns 'n' Roses - Sweet Child 'O Mine (should be far_sweetchildomine)

Please let me know of others so I can fix them in the PACK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

columbo777 wrote:
More wrong SONG IDs:

Van Halen - Panama (should be GHVHpanama)
Metallica - Enter Sandman ??? (is not the live one)
Guns 'n' Roses - Sweet Child 'O Mine (should be far_sweetchildomine)

Please let me know of others so I can fix them in the PACK

That may be for now.
And that Enter Sandman is from RB1 (just never exported, it's the studio version, proper multi-track).
Airtrooper719  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, Im an absolute noob and have never tried making or using a custom pro upgrade yet. I have built up a library of 100's of awesome songs on rb3 but no pro upgrades available to buy on the store (as you are all aware!)

Basically my noob question is, can I download these upgrades (ones for which I already have the original DLC for), load them onto a memory stick, onto the xbox and play? I have the on-demand downloaded version of RB3 so will have the latest title update more than likely built into the game?

To be honest this really excites me. I am proficient at transcribing by ear (inter-adv guitarist 10+ years exp), and once I have gotten to play about with some already created content, I will be having a crack at my own. I would absolutely love to create, and share a full lineup of gojira (from mars to sirius) and lamb of god (wrath) material for all you true metalheads out there \m/\m/
raynebc  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some good threads to get you started:
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34233
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33322
mario3166  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a lot of trouble getting started up as well. Its confusing how to just use the current files when reading those threads. I recommend watching this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PawhJlfVLkg&feature=youtu.be

I know its talking about customs, but the pro upgrades go in the same folder on the USB stick that the customs do. Just ignore the title update stuff and follow the rest of the tutorial to set up your usb stick. Use party buffalo or USBXTAFGUI to work with the xbox formatted usb stick on your computer and put the upgrade files in that directory. Just make sure to close the drive before putting the stick back in the xbox. At that point rockband should just find the upgrades as it boots up

For more upgrades see the link below and grab the "ziggy pack" at the top for a few hundred upgrades. And look into the Ziggy Editor to start creating your own upgrades: https://code.google.com/p/ziggy-pro-editor/downloads/list

Pro upgrades tracker:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AndG6ewEv_5zdEJGMXBjWGdiSE9NYlJhU215Q0tHLUE&ndplr#gid=0

Also you can use custom pro upgrades for regular dlc without any title update manipulation so you should be fine there as well (just can't do custom songs with the downloaded game version)
Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45
Page 45 of 45

Jump to: