FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ziggy's Pro Guitar Upgrades (96) and Pro Upgrade Editor (Build 52)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario3166  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: possible issue Reply with quote

Hi Columbo and Ziggy,
I was having some issues with version 62 of the editior. I was creating a note sequence that had two open D's and then a D power chord after xx023x. I then wanted to replace all occurrences of that sequence using the "copy pattern feature". I chose the first note, enc note then pressed the > button and it found 40 occurrences. I then scrolled back to the original sequence and hit the "Replaces notes.." button.
It said it replaced 40 occurrences but when i went through the song to check it I noticed several places where it didn't updated the sequence. I also found several places where it updated it but messed up the chord and instead made it a xx033x instead of the xx023x.

I saw a previous post that seemed to have a somewhat similar issue but i wasn't sure if this is a known bug. I can write it up in the issues tab of the google code if that helps.

Thanks for your help
[/img]
mario3166  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: small issue Reply with quote

Another thing i noticed when using the Note Editor I can double click a note to select it and I can play the midi from Add bar in the GUI, I then press the > button to go the next note. It highlights the note but it doesn't actually select it, the Note Chan do not update to that current note and of course the midi played is still from the previous note. So I have to double click each note to select it to edit it. The forward/backward note selection seems to have an issue.

Just a heads up. The software is sweet though, really like the mp3 play back with the midi, it has really been helping.

Hoping to test some tonight, thanks
mario3166  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: rb3 maker Reply with quote

Confused on this part from the instructions:

7. Save your PRO track (File, save, pro midi). You are going to use RB3 maker to build the PRO from the saved midi file. a. Define your CON package on the SONG TAB and build it. The program runs auto checks to insure RB3 compatibility. b. Avoid trouble by checking your settings under the BATCH tab. Make sure that copy guitar to bass in UNCHECKED if you built your own bass track or it will be destroyed.

Is RB3maker integrated into the ziggy software or do i need to run it myself. On the CON package section of the SONG properties section there is a button to select a file, but i'm not sure what to select.

I tried defining a name and saving it but when i ran the test package it said it didn't have a .mid file and there were no 108 events, clearly i'm doing this wrong. There is a button "finalized" but i'm not sure if i should choose that, i just have a partial verse done but i just wanted to test it.

Really lost in this section, I appreciate any help

Thanks again
columbo777  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: rb3 maker Reply with quote

OK, starting again with v62, you don't need to compile the PRO (RB3maker) outside of the editor.

7. Save your PRO track (for protection). Now you see on the SONG LIBRARY tab where it has a line for CON Package (and 6 icons)? Hit the third button ("Rebuild Package").

NOTES: Here is where the CHECKBOXES below come into play. HAS BASS And HAS GUITAR should be checked. If you lazyed up and did not do Bass and dont want RB3 to crash if bass is chosen, you can cheat and check the "copy guitar to bass" checkbox.

Under that are the auto-difficulty generators. If they are all checked, difficulties below expert are generated from the expert track. If (and I do this) you decide you want to make the changes to HARD yourself, you would UNCHECK the HARD box, manually copy the X track to the H track (on the Track editor tab), and make your changes. (The lesser difficulty is always built from the difficulty above it, so MED is derived from HARD. This is important to note if you manually edit a lower difficulty.)

IMPORTANT: It is always assumed that you are build a PRO based on Expert!

Hmm, one more thing. If you are doing it right, all the lines are populated other than CON when you first press the rebuild button. If this does not explain your issue, please post a screen shot.

mario3166 wrote:
Confused on this part from the instructions:

7. Save your PRO track (File, save, pro midi). You are going to use RB3 maker to build the PRO from the saved midi file. a. Define your CON package on the SONG TAB and build it. The program runs auto checks to insure RB3 compatibility. b. Avoid trouble by checking your settings under the BATCH tab. Make sure that copy guitar to bass in UNCHECKED if you built your own bass track or it will be destroyed.

Is RB3maker integrated into the ziggy software or do i need to run it myself. On the CON package section of the SONG properties section there is a button to select a file, but i'm not sure what to select.

I tried defining a name and saving it but when i ran the test package it said it didn't have a .mid file and there were no 108 events, clearly i'm doing this wrong. There is a button "finalized" but i'm not sure if i should choose that, i just have a partial verse done but i just wanted to test it.

Really lost in this section, I appreciate any help

Thanks again

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks columbo,

I followed your instructions and it seemed to build the file. I did get an error in the checker though it said "No ".mid" file found in package"

Is this a problem? I'm actually out of town this weekend so I can't test it on the xbox

Also if you have any advice on how you use the copy and replace functions I would appreciate it. Once I change the pro pattern to be what i want i can't get the copy replace function to work, it seems like it just wont' find that pattern any more since I changed it (i don't touch the original 5 button part on the top of course). Not being able to replace large chunks is making it take quite a long time.

Thanks again for your help,
columbo777  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZIP up your package and let me grab it and look at the entire thing.

mario3166 wrote:
Thanks columbo,

I followed your instructions and it seemed to build the file. I did get an error in the checker though it said "No ".mid" file found in package"

Is this a problem? I'm actually out of town this weekend so I can't test it on the xbox

Also if you have any advice on how you use the copy and replace functions I would appreciate it. Once I change the pro pattern to be what i want i can't get the copy replace function to work, it seems like it just wont' find that pattern any more since I changed it (i don't touch the original 5 button part on the top of course). Not being able to replace large chunks is making it take quite a long time.

Thanks again for your help,

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually did some experimenting and figured out i just needed to give the pro file a .mid extension. Once I did that i didn't get any errors.

I did the bass line last night and got through the rest of the expert guitar part. I found out that the copy replace stuff seems to work if you grab sections with mouse and then just hit the replace button. It just doesn't work if you try and use the gui buttons to identify a start and end note.

I was able to package it up and put it on my flash drive and was able to test it last night! i did the default "generate difficulties" for my first pass but I may go through and tweak the hard bass and guitar parts.

Once I have a more finalized version I'll send it your way.

I want to get started on some new ones and I have a quick question. Are there any caveats (besides the song id thing) for making pro tracks for Rock Band 1 or 2 songs (or older dlc for that matter). I have some spot on tabs for some of that older stuff that i should be able to create relatively easily (i hope).

Thanks again,
raynebc  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB1's on-disc songs and earlier DLC didn't have ID numbers, but you can get them from the missing_song_data.dtb file, or there was a thread that BigJoe5 put together (http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34443) that is more convenient. My experience with making an upgrade for a RB1 era song was otherwise pretty much the same as for any Rock Band song.
mario3166  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Exposure! Reply with quote

Thanks!

Does anyone know if there are any plans to "release" Ziggy's (and many other's) upgrades on the C3 site?

I just really wish more people knew about these upgrades and want to make sure people know this is possible. I say this because i've been an avid (weekly) player for a couple years now and I just found out they existed last month. Granted, i'm not a very active forum person.

I feel like a lot of folks don't know how much life this game really has left and want exposure for all of you guy's hard work.

Of course its up to Ziggy (and everyone else) if they want that exposure or would want to post them in a more public place (if C3 is in fact more public, i don't know, there's a debate there but I can see it as the spot where RockBand lives since the end of official dlc and I want people to know these exist as well).
mario3166  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: guitar pro Reply with quote

Does the version 62 of the software now support importing of Guitar Pro 5 files?

I saw an option under File> Import> Guitar pro

Apparently there is a way to do it with the Editor on Fire software but it seems alot more complicated.

Thanks
raynebc  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not really too complicated in EOF, just sync the best markers and import the GP file. One of the main annoyances now is that the import takes the original GP file quite literally, and the first measure in the GP file is considered the first beat in the project even though it's common to have several beats of lead in. In this instance, just copy the notes to the clipboard, delete them, seek to where the notes should begin and paste the notes from the clipboard.

I don't author too many charts nowadays, but anything I've released I have no problem being offered with C3's stuff.
ZiggyXNAMVP  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I approve of C3

I released version 63 on Google code and build 64 of the songs which includes lots of fixes and epidemik's upgrades.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: C3 Reply with quote

I have actively "sold" the idea to C3, but are opting to hold out for the version that sets the "root note" properly (so the note monikers display correctly) and for a clean midi file through magma.

I submitted samples to C3 for testing on the latter last night. v62 was already close on that one.

ZiggyXNAMVP wrote:
I approve of C3

I released version 63 on Google code and build 64 of the songs which includes lots of fixes and epidemik's upgrades.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool, thanks guys!

Is the guitar pro import working in the 63 version?

Any other "release notes"/highlights we should know about?

I am enjoying using it, its so nice not to have to use 3-4 different software programs to do an upgrade! Thanks again!

Also, columbo, i will email you my toadies "tyler" song for testing/inclusion. I tested it, tweaked the bass and guitar parts and retested it. I think its good to go but if you want anything changed let me know.
Conker64  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZiggyXNAMVP wrote:
I approve of C3

YYZ seems to be broken,
entire Verse 2 shows "0's" only.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 44 of 45

Jump to: