FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB3X360 Customs Online Play

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EvinC  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: RB3X360 Customs Online Play Reply with quote

Yea I know it's risky, but I sent my friend one of my customs so we could play co-op. Only problem is, the songs are blurred out in our setlists. I've sent him the exact same CON file as I am using. He also cannot see my leaderboard scores, its as if we have different songs. We are clueless as to the problem. Anyone have input?
thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it just doesnt work period lol. Maybe it has something to do with the "song id" in the songs.dta file, but i'll leave that for someone smart to figure out

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
p0larbear  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that it validates song ids against a central database. If it's not on HMX's list, it won't work.
Planned: Hoobastank - Without a Fight, Eric Clapton - Layla (Unplugged Live), Valve Studio Orchestra - Team Fortress 2 Main Theme, Valve Studio Orchestra - Meet The Engineer
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems odd that they'd disallow customs for online multiplayer but not prevent scores for customs from posting to the leaderboards.
EvinC  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a bit of food for thought:

My friend played one of the customs, and he was ranked #2 on the leaderboard! So he went and looked at the leaderboard, and there was somebody that neither of us knew at the #1 spot! We sent him a message and maybe we can get to the bottom of what the secret is to online play.
TAxxOUTBR3AKxx  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvinC wrote:
Here's a bit of food for thought:

My friend played one of the customs, and he was ranked #2 on the leaderboard! So he went and looked at the leaderboard, and there was somebody that neither of us knew at the #1 spot! We sent him a message and maybe we can get to the bottom of what the secret is to online play.

It's only because HMX didn't delete the leaderboard for that song yet. Someone else made a custom for the same song you made, and is using the same song_id and songname that you're using. So it shows up how it should on the leaderboards.

Oh, and just a question, does your song have Guitar AND Bass tracks? Because you know, it may not work if only 1 part is charted.

raynebc wrote:
It seems odd that they'd disallow customs for online multiplayer but not prevent scores for customs from posting to the leaderboards.

I highly doubt they "disallowed" it. I think it's more of a small issue we haven't looked at yet. If they disallowed it, they would've prevented leaderboard scores posting as well if the song_id didn't match a database list. So my guess right now, is maybe it has something to do with the fact that the package has a console ID of 0000000000 which doesn't pick up other consoles of the same number? Which would be ALL customs?

Edit: You should repackage your song so it has YOUR consoles ID in it, and then do another one for your friend with HIS console ID and give it to him, then both of you should try again.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Co2 Outbr3ak
EvinC  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, I have played that same custom too and I am the only one on my leaderboard, while his has him and the other guy. Also yes, the songs in question have both bass and guitar charts.

How would I go about changing the console ID of the package? I am not sure what you mean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: