FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Harmonix to announce new artists when Facebook page hits 2000000 fans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
Chaosxreigns wrote:
TensionSpree wrote:
And no blasting in DT? What's that at the end of Panic Attack and the intro? Some epic jazz drum rolls?

Um...

I...

What?

That's not a blast?

It's not a blast. Blasting is a specific technique, and that's not what Portnoy was doing at any point in the song.

Blasts ave appeared in three forms in RB, the simultaneous blasts in songs like Embedded and Visions, the alternating blasts in This Is Exile and What A Horrible Night etc, and the gravity blast...thing in Your Treachery etc.

One thing you might notice is that all these examples are much faster than the thing you think is one in PAtk. (From what I know of drumming, this is due to the nature of blasting. Speed alone doesn't make something a blast though, it's a specific technique.) Someone more knowledgeable about drumming would have to explain the nuances of blasting further, but it's not a blast simply because it's two hands hitting at the same time several times. This means that while you may (or may not) enjoy playing Thrasher, that RY beat is not actually a blast. >__>

Also I agree about Porcupine Tree. Get them in RB. Even if it takes some RBN author, get them in RB.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick drum lesson.

"blast beats" are fast, usually 16th note or faster beats, that have some kind of repetitious cycle of bass hits and snare/cymbal hits.

The thing that makes a blast beat a blast beat is that its purpose is not for rhythmic accentuation, but simply to make a lot of noise, a series of "blast" sounds, one might say. Panic Attack's intro and outro are not blasts first because they are not very fast, and secondly because their purpose is to accent the guitar/bass riff.

"gravity" blasts utilize a technique that allows one to hit the snare two times with one down swing, involving the use of, yes, gravity, and the top of the knee on the upbeat, allowing for such quick hits as in Visions and such.
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
And you only want Pull Me Under? After complaining about charts, you purely want the radio hit song that is one of DT's most simplistic boring to play songs on bass, drums and keyboard? And mediocre on guitar and vocals.

I have to disagree with you on that one. I'm working on a full band custom of Pull Me Under right now, and it's a lot of fun. I even charted the 3 part harmonies in the chorus on vocals, and those are awesome. I kinda hope HMX doesn't ruin my fun by suddenly announcing a DT pack with PMU, as much as I want more DT in RB. Simplistic by DT standards is more like "comfortably difficult" compared to everything else for me. If they were going to announce more DT, I was hoping for some tracks from the new album to coincide with the release last week. It's actually really good! I'm loving the hell out of it personally.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DorkmasterFlek wrote:
Nubnut wrote:
And you only want Pull Me Under? After complaining about charts, you purely want the radio hit song that is one of DT's most simplistic boring to play songs on bass, drums and keyboard? And mediocre on guitar and vocals.

I have to disagree with you on that one. I'm working on a full band custom of Pull Me Under right now, and it's a lot of fun. I even charted the 3 part harmonies in the chorus on vocals, and those are awesome. I kinda hope HMX doesn't ruin my fun by suddenly announcing a DT pack with PMU, as much as I want more DT in RB. Simplistic by DT standards is more like "comfortably difficult" compared to everything else for me. If they were going to announce more DT, I was hoping for some tracks from the new album to coincide with the release last week. It's actually really good! I'm loving the hell out of it personally.

Already did it br0
Chaosxreigns  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
Already did it br0

I love you.
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
guitarists hate the solo

If by "guitarists" you mean you then fair enough. If you mean everyone else then you are wrong. I can safely say it is one of the funnest solos on-disk RB2 has to offer.

That said I would love the 4 artists to be:

Deep Purple
Ratt
Iron Maiden
Scar Symmetry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosxreigns wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:
Already did it br0

I love you.

We're two songs away from finishing Smash Hits.
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
Chaosxreigns wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:
Already did it br0

I love you.

Ah, I should have figured somebody did it already. Oh well, good charting experience and all.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:

Quote:
one of DT's most simplistic boring to play songs on bass, drums and keyboard?
Repentance.

Pointing out a ballad doesn't count =P.

Also, just to extend upon what others have said, the ending to Panic Attack isn't a blast beat, it's a triplet skank beat.

DorkmasterFlek wrote:

Simplistic by DT standards is more like "comfortably difficult" compared to everything else for me.

Aye that's true.

When I say bland, I mean bland compared to other DT songs. For example, look at PMU's drums, then look at something like Great Debate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMw8dsn9Da0&t=2m03s

If i had my choice between something like PMU or Great Debate, I think it's pretty obvious which I would take.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Chaosxreigns  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
Chaosxreigns wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:
Already did it br0

I love you.

Can't wait until you guys start Band Hero.

But enough with the off-topic, haha. At this rate I think we'll probably only get two. :/ Which isn't necessarily bad, but meh.
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosxreigns wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:
Chaosxreigns wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:
Already did it br0

I love you.

But enough with the off-topic, haha. At this rate I think we'll probably only get two. :/ Which isn't necessarily bad, but meh.

Damn, how did I not see this project before? Pretty impressive work guys. I will say that my PMU chart is a little different since I'm doing keys as well, and I'm not copying the GH chart because RB authors things a little differently and I'm trying to follow the RBN guidelines. Your low harmony line looks different than mine also, however I think there's actually multiple lines going on so it could be that we charted both. You guys had the actual audio stem to listen to separately, while I was going by ear from the CD recording, so I'll take your word for it.
expertwin  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosxreigns wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:
Chaosxreigns wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:
Already did it br0

I love you.

I bet we'll get zero.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
nextlevel88  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that was a lofty goal to begin with (at RB2 popularity levels, no problem, but now…), and also, Icemage is right; the incentive isn't huge. If they came out instead and said, "The next Jimi Hendrix album comes out October 2nd and if we hit 2,000,000 fans by then, it'll launch at half-price for one week!" then you'd see people campaigning. For an early announcement, with not even a clue of who it might be, I don't think it'll light any fires under people.

And as much as I dream of bearing witness to a 40 note unison bonus section between the guitar and keys in "Beyond This Life" while playing the Scenes From a Memory full-album DLC, I fear that legal matters between the current band and a former member may put licensing on hold. It's not impossible, but I could see the label waiting for the matter to be resolved before they put much more out there.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the announcement were to only include artists that have not been in this game yet i'd like to see :

Ludo
Trivium
Streetlight Manifesto
Van Halen

If the announcement includes bands that are in the game but only a few songs i'd like to see :

Bullet For My Valentine
Dream Theater (yes I know, shut up)
Children of Bodom
Endeverafter

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see more on-disk bands get more representation with a least a pack or two. It'd be kinda nice to be able to play more Flaming Lips or At the Drive-In.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: