FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Harmonix to announce new artists when Facebook page hits 2000000 fans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ugh. Pass. Outside of Pull Me Under, there's nothing there I'd want. (It would make some hardcore fans happy though)
Seriously. Most of Dream Theater's songs aren't the stuff people expect they are for music games. Personally, I prefer Queensryche 10x more if I have to pick some band labelled "progressive metal".

Recent FCs: Man In The Box (Guitar)

Will not remove this in my signature until "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold is added to Rock Band DLC.
Started: July 31st, 2010
Still don't wanna remove it! Happy it's here, though!
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muse
Dream Theater
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin

Haters gonna hate
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
Quote:
Ugh. Pass. Outside of Pull Me Under, there's nothing there I'd want. (It would make some hardcore fans happy though)
Seriously. Most of Dream Theater's songs aren't the stuff people expect they are for music games. Personally, I prefer Queensryche 10x more if I have to pick some band labelled "progressive metal".
While not everything Dream Theater's made is pure Rock Band gold, definitely a lot of it is. At least a lot more than Muse.

Anyway,

Hopeful List:
Dream Theater
Kansas
Pretty Girls Make Graves (Of course though, there's no way in hell that's happening.)
Weird Al

Probably List:

Beach Boys
Metallica
Bob Dylan
Jimi Hendrix
RushJunkie3  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:

Probably List:

Beach Boys
Metallica
Bob Dylan
Jimi Hendrix

Why would Hendrix be included? All of his albums were confirmed for release a long time ago already.

Stays in my signature until another Rush album comes out as DLC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LeddyGee2112 PSN Name: LeddyGee2112
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
At least a lot more than Muse.
Hysteria was 10x funner than the three Dream Theater songs across both games, seeing as they're fun in the very hard kind of way, while Hysteria is just a fun song overall.

Will not remove this in my signature until "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold is added to Rock Band DLC.
CNS  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
Quote:
At least a lot more than Muse.
Hysteria was 10x funner than the three Dream Theater songs across both games, seeing as they're fun in the very hard kind of way, while Hysteria is just a fun song overall.

I'd say that out of those 3 Dream Theater songs, Constant Motion is probably the least fun to play. The other two are very solid, and not that challenging for your usual high level players. I will say that Hysteria is very fun overall and it's still a solid challenge.

If we got more of both Dream Theater and Muse, then I think we get the best of both worlds given your comparisons.
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideal for me:

Muse
The Mars Volta
Pink Floyd
The Beatles with keyboard or substitute with Oasis

anywho some of peoples predictions seem like theyll certainly be right like I wouldn't be surprised if it's like

The Beach Boys
Metallica
Neil Young

I could see Radiohead too but maybe that's just me wishing. Arcade Fire maybe if they were to focus more on newer bands.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's Metallica, I'll facepalm if it's just the 80s stuff. Only 80s song I want that we don't have is One. Unfortunately, it'd probably be Master of Puppets <_<

Quote:
and not that challenging for your usual high level players
Drummers hate (well, I shouldn't say hate... maybe just don't want to due to the incoming choke) playing Panic Attack due to how easy it is to miss even if you're a pro at blasts, guitarists hate the solo, bassists... well it's just chokeable all around. That's for pros. Average players? Lucky to 5*. I still get happy when I 5* that thing. The (pre-)solo is really chokeable and I can't get used to the strumming at all in the choruses.

ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
guitarists hate the solo
That isn't the hard part of the song to me <_<

It's the orange bullshit (Odd Riff 1?) that trips me up in the song. I've hit all of the solo, but I'm nowhere near hitting that stuff.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
Chaosxreigns  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
Quote:
and not that challenging for your usual high level players
Drummers hate (well, I shouldn't say hate... maybe just don't want to due to the incoming choke) playing Panic Attack due to how easy it is to miss even if you're a pro at blasts, guitarists hate the solo, bassists... well it's just chokeable all around. That's for pros. Average players? Lucky to 5*. I still get happy when I 5* that thing. The (pre-)solo is really chokeable and I can't get used to the strumming at all in the choruses.

This could not be more wrong. The Dream Theater songs are some of the most fun on every instrument. And who said anything about blasts? >_> There isn't any blasting in either of the DT songs. If average players don't like hard songs then average players can either a) get better or b) not buy the hard songs. /elitist scum
JackFr  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please not Muse. Yeah, they're pretty good but I'm sick of the constant MOAR MUSE stuff around here. Knights of Cydonia and Assassin weren't even fun.

Ideal:

Radiohead
Refused
Dismemberment Plan
Interpol

But I'm not that blindly optimistic.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait there are 3 Dream Theater songs? aren't there only 2? Panic attack and constant motion?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Dantera033091 Wii Friend Code: 0200740241837573
Chaosxreigns  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruametalhed wrote:
Wait there are 3 Dream Theater songs? aren't there only 2? Panic attack and constant motion?

Pull Me Under on GHWT. No one really counts it.
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This could not be more wrong. The Dream Theater songs are some of the most fun on every instrument. And who said anything about blasts? >_> There isn't any blasting in either of the DT songs. If average players don't like hard songs then average players can either a) get better or b) not buy the hard songs. /elitist scum
Constant Motion Solo D is uh... well... It's a fairly easy song outside of that one section. Telling the average player to get better isn't gonna happen over night - took me months to learn alt-strumming, being told to learn it didn't make it happen.

And yes, the few we've gotten were good. Let's leave it at that. I don't think many people want all of Systematic Chaos in, for instance. To be honest, I wish I had just left it at me only knowing Panic Attack/Pull Me Under and Constant Motion.

Panic Attack is from RB2, so the don't buy it argument doesn't apply, thankfully it's fun. And no blasting in DT? What's that at the end of Panic Attack and the intro? Some epic jazz drum rolls?

GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
Panic Attack is from RB2, so the don't buy it argument doesn't apply, thankfully it's fun. And no blasting in DT? What's that at the end of Panic Attack and the intro? Some epic jazz drum rolls?

They surely aren't blasts if that's what you're implying.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: