FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
9/13 DLC: Weezer 3-Pack & Janis Joplin Single
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
louster200  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WEEZERWEEZERWEEZERWEEZERWEEZER<3

I haven't played RB in 2 months. I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING NEXT WEEK.

TheGlow  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoulda known when something told me not to bother checking what was released that itd turn out to be Weezer.
Werent they the ones to put down guitar hero and rockband saying their trash?
diablocon  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGlow wrote:
Shoulda known when something told me not to bother checking what was released that itd turn out to be Weezer.

Considering this is their fourth pack, alongside two singles and an on-disc song, it'd be mighty hypocritical if they did.

Not to mention Amplitude was built upon the song Dope Nose. Which makes its absence from RB even stranger.
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGlow wrote:
That was Jack "The Tool" White from The White Stripes, among other bands that said that.

Recent FCs: Man In The Box (Guitar)

Will not remove this in my signature until "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold is added to Rock Band DLC.
Started: July 31st, 2010
Still don't wanna remove it! Happy it's here, though!
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeoff wrote:
PlexShaw wrote:
Icemage wrote:
Funny anecdote time:
The first time I ever played a singing game was Karaoke Revolution on the original Xbox, when I went over to a friend's house. We were doing random selections, and Me and Bobby McGee came up on my turn.

Me: "Me and Bobby McGee? I've never even heard of this song, let alone know how to sing it!"

My friends: "How do you not know this song?! Everyone knows this song!"

Me: "Apparently I'm not 'everyone'. "

I ended up getting some disastrous score on the song, and to this day I still don't know what the song sounds like. This will finally be my chance to correct that situation next week.

Yeah, I've never heard it before either. And having listened to it, I can't say I've really missed much.

Just Weezer for me (a band I adore).

I don't really understand how this is possible. ?_?

*looks at his location, sees London*

Mystery solved. Janis Joplin simply wasn't as big over here as she was over there. We don't get that sort of thing on the radio, I only knew it 'cos my mum is a fan.

Also: clearly the reason there's no Pinkerton songs in the Weezer pack is because they're saving them for the full album. And now I'm gonna go stick my fingers in my ears and shout "LA LA LA NOT LISTENING" ready for when some killjoy bastard feels the need to come and explain why that'll never happen.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
nextlevel88  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TensionSpree wrote:
TheGlow wrote:
That was Jack "The Tool" White from The White Stripes, among other bands that said that.

Pretty sure Rivers Cuomo said that he "didnt see the appeal" in the games and thought they were a "waste of time". To be fair though, in some cases he's quoted as laughing after he says it, so he may just exaggerating his views to be a bit facetious at the time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Tommy Rogers (Singer of BTBAM) had a similar statement in an interview once. He said something along the lines of "I'd rather see kids try picking up a real instrument, but hey it's just video games I guess." Although Paul Waggoner (guitarist of BTBAM) has the same view as I do about the games saying that it actually gets kids interested in musical instruments by playing the game. GH was the reason I started playing real guitar in the first place.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
TensionSpree  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"They're a waste of time."

"I'd rather the kids be playing real instruments, but hey, it's just a game."

The similarities... they're so similar.

Recent FCs: Man In The Box (Guitar)

Will not remove this in my signature until "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold is added to Rock Band DLC.
Started: July 31st, 2010
Still don't wanna remove it! Happy it's here, though!
TimEbaysball  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of Weezer at all. I hated the older Weezer DLC songs with a passion. At least this week's songs are upbeat and are popular hits.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not getting anything this week, don't know any of the songs. Might pick up Weezer when I listen to more of their stuff.

Methinks we're due another Hendrix album soon.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a lot of love for more Weezer, bit shocked by that. I love Hash Pipe and Island in the Sun so Im super happy with the new pack.

As for Joplin, don't like her at all so just the 3 pack for me
youhas  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
I ended up getting some disastrous score on the song, and to this day I still don't know what the song sounds like.

But was it better or worse than my soul-rending public rendition of "American Music"? We have to know how such performances compare to our notional gold standard.

Anyhow: Me and Bobby McGee? Awesome! That's one of those songs that are in that "I can plausibly sing the song like Janis Joplin sounds, or I can sing the song in a way that the game will score me well, but the two notions are opposing ones" sort of gray area. But I'm enthused to have it all the same. And I'm also happy to get more Weezer songs back from the Green Album (a.k.a., I still sort of gave a damn about the band) era available as well. So that, too, is aces.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
Icemage wrote:
I ended up getting some disastrous score on the song, and to this day I still don't know what the song sounds like.

But was it better or worse than my soul-rending public rendition of "American Music"? We have to know how such performances compare to our notional gold standard.

Anyhow: Me and Bobby McGee? Awesome! That's one of those songs that are in that "I can plausibly sing the song like Janis Joplin sounds, or I can sing the song in a way that the game will score me well, but the two notions are opposing ones" sort of gray area. But I'm enthused to have it all the same. And I'm also happy to get more Weezer songs back from the Green Album (a.k.a., I still sort of gave a damn about the band) era available as well. So that, too, is aces.

If you want to sound like Janis Joplin for that one, just down a bottle of Jack Daniels before singing.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I'm a bit biased against Weezer because I had an incident with that once.
I live in NYC and one time after work the wife and I went to the Virgin Megastore to pickup some dvds, and we weren't allowed in. Said Weezers giving a free concert. "Who?" and all these retarded kids bouncing around trying to get in. So the dvd section, no where near the event was closed off because Weezer not even performing for another 30+ minutes or some such.

Some of the songs are familiar and my friends will probably wont in on it.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGlow wrote:
Also I'm a bit biased against Weezer because I had an incident with that once.
I live in NYC and one time after work the wife and I went to the Virgin Megastore to pickup some dvds, and we weren't allowed in. Said Weezers giving a free concert. "Who?" and all these retarded kids bouncing around trying to get in. So the dvd section, no where near the event was closed off because Weezer not even performing for another 30+ minutes or some such.

Some of the songs are familiar and my friends will probably wont in on it.

You don't like them because they stopped you buying a DVD.

Well then.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: