FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
9/6 DLC: EMF, Cheap Trick Pack 01!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BathTub  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Oh, turns out I also know unbelievable, too.

DEFINITE GET.

Well at least lets hear the rerecord first.
DragoonXD  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BathTub wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
Oh, turns out I also know unbelievable, too.

DEFINITE GET.

Well at least lets hear the rerecord first.

There is a preview in the blog announcement on rockband.com. It sounds pretty decent.

Icemage  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All four songs this week make me happy.
Steebeh  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving the Cheap Trick pack Will be getting that along with the pro guitar for Surrender!

Unbelievable was a big 'oh! THAT song!' moment for me so I'll be getting that too

Edit: Just watched the video Southparkhero linked. Holy fuck...
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: II Steebs II PSN Name: SGTV-Steebs
BathTub  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DragoonXD wrote:
There is a preview in the blog announcement on rockband.com. It sounds pretty decent.

It does, but they picked a strange content free bit to preview.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BathTub wrote:
DragoonXD wrote:

It does, but they picked a strange content free bit to preview.

I think they chose the guitar solo as the most interesting part instrumentally, and included the chorus right at the end so everyone had the OH THAT SONG moment.

A little weird, but I think it made sense.
PlatStrat  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The re-record sounds pretty close to the original so there's nothing to get worked up about. Most people won't notice the difference.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
LyokoFreaks wrote:
blingdomepiece wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
blingdomepiece wrote:
Animations should include a stage falling on the band.

That would be humorous, if not for what happened recently in Indianapolis. Bad taste

I guess I should try and stay on top of every stage collapse around the world to make sure I don't offend you.

It would be hard to stay on top of, what with the stage collapsing and all.

LOL.

Anyway, Cheap Trick's stage collapse happened in my city, at an event I had attended the night before, and the only casualties there were some backline and possibly the reputation of Bluesfest. Since that's obviously what I was referring to, hopefully we can all get along, and switch to decaf as needed.

You say that like I was offended, rather than saddened by such an event (a natural reaction, yeah?). It was bad wording on my part, but there's no need to be snarky. Naturally I would know about such events, since I have family and friends in Indianapolis who went to the fair. Definitely tragic... Why does everything have to turn into a sarcastic argument on these boards? "Switch to decaf as needed"? I have no problem with stupid jokes here or there, but I'll not have you talk down to me for reacting naturally to a tragic event. I don't think I'm having a problem getting along with anyone here.

Maybe it's just me, but if I had made such a joke innocently enough, and someone said "actually something similar happened recently and people died" I would probably say "Oh really? Shit, that sucks... sorry about that. I had no idea." But instead, you choose to make me the bad guy for pointing it out. Just saying that's not exactly fair/mature/etc when I did nothing wrong.

-

So, how are the songs?

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but if I had made such a joke innocently enough, and someone said "actually something similar happened recently and people died" I would probably say "Oh really? Shit, that sucks... sorry about that. I had no idea."

I guess that's what you SHOULD have said, then, instead of assuming I knew about it, judging it based on that assumption, and saying "bad taste". If there's another way to interpret what you posted I'd be interested in what that is. Maybe I have it all wrong. I agree there wasn't any need for any conflict whatsoever in this topic, but as far as I can tell I'm not the one who introduced it. Sorry.
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but if I had made such a joke innocently enough, and someone said "actually something similar happened recently and people died" I would probably say "Oh really? Shit, that sucks... sorry about that. I had no idea."

I guess that's what you SHOULD have said, then, instead of assuming I knew about it, judging it based on that assumption, and saying "bad taste". I agree there wasn't any need for any conflict whatsoever in this topic, but I'm not the one who introduced it. Sorry.

Your joke was in poor taste, and not really funny on top of that. Get over it, swallow your pride, and man up to this being entirely YOUR fault. People died and you cracked a joke about it, intentional or otherwise. Do you have to stay on top of every music-related disaster? No. But when someone presents a recent one to you, that's not your cue to belittle them for it, regardless of how you interpret their message. You're just making yourself look worse and worse by pretending this is somehow Hailz's wrongdoing.

If I was in her position, I'd be demanding an apology. A real one. Not a backhanded, sarcastic one.

---

As for the charts, they all looked pretty fun on guitar. I might pick up Surrender based on the Pro Chart... and I'm definitely getting Dream Police for the drum solo at some point. I just can't play it for a while since I'm without my drumset.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was funny.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigYello wrote:
I thought it was funny.

I laughed too, but I get where hailz stands because she has family there, and that response was completely uncalled for. Not to mention bdp is completely out of the loop if he REALLY didn't know that stage collapse happened. C'mon, it was all over the news and even if you avoid the news like the plague chances are you heard it from a friend or saw it on Reddit. But that's not really the point, it doesn't matter if he didn't see it; in fact, that's why hailz pointed it out. The fact that he didn't just apologize just shows that he was the one looking to start a fight.

Which isn't surprising.

Also Cheap Trick sucks.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
People died and you cracked a joke about it, intentional or otherwise.

I credit you for having too much intellectual integrity to not at least slip in "intentional or otherwise".
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:

I guess that's what you SHOULD have said, then, instead of assuming I knew about it, judging it based on that assumption, and saying "bad taste". If there's another way to interpret what you posted I'd be interested in what that is. Maybe I have it all wrong. I agree there wasn't any need for any conflict whatsoever in this topic, but as far as I can tell I'm not the one who introduced it. Sorry.

This bolded part doesn't make sense to me. Why should I apologize for what you said? Anyone who knew about the stage collapse would not have made that joke (I'd like to think), and so I mentioned it because I didn't assume you knew about it (in America it was all over the news, but if you didn't know about it that's understandable since you're Canadian).

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that being sarcastic and rude to any users (even the "bad" ones) is a pretty good way of introducing conflict. If you want these boards to be a fun, peaceful, and enjoyable place for all, then in my opinion you should emulate these more desirable traits.

I don't really care about an apology, since obviously you didn't make the joke intentionally. But losing the sarcasm in general would be nice. Agreed with mystakin.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
Mystakin wrote:
People died and you cracked a joke about it, intentional or otherwise.

I credit you for having too much intellectual integrity to not at least slip in "intentional or otherwise".

I credit you for being too proud to apologize, intentional or otherwise.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: