FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I don't know if other people know about this, but...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: I don't know if other people know about this, but... Reply with quote

When you hit only part of a chord, the game will actually count you for hitting the note in the percentages, even though you miss part of the chord. Because of this, I was able to 100% Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting on X Pro, even though I didn't even GS it.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
raynebc  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand Harmonix being lenient on pro guitar because strum detection is not completely accurate, but I don't know why they'd do the same for keyboards.
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understand that you still break your combo if you miss the chord (or part of it in this case).

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
Skyp1e  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why there is surprise for this. Your multiplier breaks. You just get credit for the notes you hit and you don't get credit for the notes you missed.

Makes sense to me.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the ongoing hit percentage doesn't get affected, that's what's weird about it. If somebody was playing a five lane guitar track and missed one gem out of every chord, would they still be given a 100% at the end?
bclare  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyp1e wrote:
Not sure why there is surprise for this. Your multiplier breaks. You just get credit for the notes you hit and you don't get credit for the notes you missed.

Makes sense to me.

I think what he's saying is a little different for that.

Let's look at a hypothetical song that just has drums and keys. The drum chart is bass+pad, repeating. Always two notes together. The keys chart is all two-note chords.

If you play the bass pedal only on the song, you'll get points for all of them but no multiplier, and you'll get 50% for the song.

If you play only one note of each chord, you'll get points, no multiplier, and (according to what jawnintendo is saying) you'll get 100% on the song

I have no idea whether or not this is true, but that's just how I'm interpreting the claim, taken to the extreme.

Last edited by bclare on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bclare PSN Name: bclare1729
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
Skyp1e wrote:

Makes sense to me.

I think what he's saying is a little different for that.

Let's look at a hypothetical song that just has drums and keys. The drum chart is bass+pad, repeating. Always two notes together. The keys chart is all two-note chords.

If you play the bass pedal only on the song, you'll get points for all of them but no multiplier, and you'll get 50% for the song.

If you play only one note of each chord, you'll get points, no multiplier, and (according to what jawnintendo is saying) [/b]you'll get 100% on the song[/b]

I have no idea whether or not this is true, but that's just how I'm interpreting the claim, taken to the extreme.
I'm gonna test this on NYT XProKeys. Will let you know results.

Pressing only 1 key - 1NS, 24 Notes Hit, 0% 2160 points.
Pressing 2 keys - 1NS, 24 Notes Hit, 0%, 4320 points.

EDIT: Just noticed jawnintendo is a Wii player, so maybe it got patched on Xbox, on which I play. :S
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
Skyp1e  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I did indeed miss the point of the OP. I'm not sure why you'd get 100% when you aren't playing 100% of the notes.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it did get patched, cause I know from playing pro keys that I did indeed miss notes on Saturday, but the ending percentage shows I got 100%.

malkieriking  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just happened to me on Oh My God, so I can verify this happens on PS3.

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: