FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Wait, what in god\'s name does vibrato have to do with anything?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HHHistheGame  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Wait, what in god's name does vibrato have to do with anythi Reply with quote

Ive seen people talking about an emphasis on vibrato, and how some phrases you have to vibrato to do well....what are you talking about? As far as I know vibrato makes the game have a harder time reading your pitch and screws you up....why would it help you score better? Ive FC'd all but one song in this game (Stupid opera section of Bohemian Rhapsody ) with relative ease and have never tried to add vibrato....If anything I find the RB3 engine more lenient than RB2.

Is there something Im missing?

Im really confused now lol
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vibrato is just a little trick to make the pie fill up faster during a phrase and the competitive vocalists usually use it to go for high scores.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vibrato definitely makes the meter spin a bit faster, especially on sustained notes (which otherwise fill the meter quite slowly).

It makes some phrases that are otherwise difficult much easier, and it makes some things possible like activating overdrive in the middle of a phrase and still get credit for the entire phrase under OD.
HHHistheGame  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats so weird, why would vibrato help? Wavering the pitch usually confuses it as far as I know....anyways I still don't know why people are complaining though because this should make it even easier. It's definitely not impossible without using vibrato, and it's still easier than RB2 without it....so now adding bonuses for using good technique should make it even EASIER
HHHistheGame  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Ive now seen yet another person say you basically need vibrato sometimes to stay on combo? 0_0. This is not true at all...lol
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HHHistheGame wrote:
Okay Ive now seen yet another person say you basically need vibrato sometimes to stay on combo? 0_0. This is not true at all...lol

Depends on the song really. Some songs are nearly impossible to FC without using any vibrato, especially if you're doing harmonies (for real, with 2/3 people physically in the same room singing)
HHHistheGame  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which songs? Any on disc? Because Ive NEVER used it and I have all but Bohemian Rhapsody done
Icemage  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HHHistheGame wrote:
Which songs? Any on disc? Because Ive NEVER used it and I have all but Bohemian Rhapsody done

A number of RBN songs have vocal charts where the scoring is very tight. Without vibrato you'll lose combo seemingly at random.

Creepin' Up the Backstairs by The Fratellis and Pretty Fly For a White Guy by The Offspring also have some phrases that are aggravating without vibrato, as I recall.

All of them "can" be done without vibrato, but it sure makes it easier and helps avoid headaches with 99% FCs.
sycocoaster  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nDp5WGriJ4

This video makes it pretty clear how effective vibrato can be at filling the pie. I personally find that now using vibrato, I can FC way more consistently than before.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. Weird. Lol. Well I still FC okay without it but I guess that should help. It's just stupid to see the vids where people are singing rock songs in the game like they're opera songs. XD
xtreme2252  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vibrato's a trick that worked since the BRB engine, despite how much everyone argued that I was full of it when I discovered it while playing The End. Either that, or everyone was trolling me, because it's very clear it does work. I'm pretty sure it tricks the game into thinking you're hitting each of the accuracy zones at once. Very useful for optimizing score at parts where OD ends on a solid note
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Xtreme2252
jacoborawr  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HHHistheGame wrote:
It's just stupid to see the vids where people are singing rock songs in the game like they're opera songs. XD

Implying that opera is the only type of music in which vibrato is used... >_>
EagleFeet  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

Does Vibrato work on most songs?

Last edited by EagleFeet on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
FUGGNUTZ  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best first post ever.

also wrong thread and stuff
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: FUGGNUTZ PSN Name: FUGGNUTZ
EagleFeet  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant to put reply not new topic! Embarrassing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: