FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
8/2 DLC: Beastie Boys, Heart, James Brown, Rufus Ft. Chaka Khan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
This is bizarro week. I don't really know how else to describe it. And I love it.

O.o

---

Totally had a "Oh THAT song with Tell Me Something Good" after listening to it. Rest of the picks this week are cool, too. I'm not surprised to not see Fight For Your Right to Party, but I AM a bit surprised we didn't get Intergalactic.
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazy on you or magic man would've been excellent choices, barracuda not so much. It has fun drums, but crazy on you sounds more fun personally.

DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be a maybe buy for me. It depends if I can get the MSP card in time. :/

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
If only there were a like button for ScoreHero posts...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
Deschain  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
I'm not surprised to not see Fight For Your Right to Party, but I AM a bit surprised we didn't get Intergalactic.

Both of those would have been sweet, but after giving Make Some Noise a listen, I'm down with it. Eclectic week, will wait a bit to see how reaction to the fun level is. Whatever happened to rbdlc.com?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
Icemage wrote:
I'm not surprised to not see Fight For Your Right to Party, but I AM a bit surprised we didn't get Intergalactic.

Both of those would have been sweet, but after giving Make Some Noise a listen, I'm down with it. Eclectic week, will wait a bit to see how reaction to the fun level is. Whatever happened to rbdlc.com?

People stopped using it. It was tapering off in the months before RB3, then around when RB3 released, reviews pretty much stopped. Most songs would sit on the site without ratings, let alone written reviews. They updated it for the first few weeks of RB3 DLC, then slacked off with updating, then stopped making blog posts, then eventually the site was just taken down. The interest level obviously didn't justify the hosting costs/effort.

I wish it had maintained a good userbase, because I thought it was a really solid site and a solid idea. But most of the functionality is integrated with DLCquickplay, and I think they basically told everyone to go there instead. It's a great site.
Bront  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
Deschain wrote:
Icemage wrote:

People stopped using it. It was tapering off in the months before RB3, then around when RB3 released, reviews pretty much stopped. Most songs would sit on the site without ratings, let alone written reviews. They updated it for the first few weeks of RB3 DLC, then slacked off with updating, then stopped making blog posts, then eventually the site was just taken down. The interest level obviously didn't justify the hosting costs/effort.

I wish it had maintained a good userbase, because I thought it was a really solid site and a solid idea. But most of the functionality is integrated with DLCquickplay, and I think they basically told everyone to go there instead. It's a great site.
The decline happened when they closed the forums. Then some regulars stopped coming around, people couldn't contact the admin about issues, and he gave up. Even the other admins started bailing.

I always thought it was a cool sight, and it's a shame it's gone, else I'd have moved all my reviews over to DLCQuickplay.

Songs: Just over 1000.
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Bad, Pts. 1 & 2 trill lanes can go die in a fire. Anyone fans of them? You get TWO solos filled with it, the 2nd one is even BETTER than the 1st one

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xGaberadex wrote:
Super Bad, Pts. 1 & 2 trill lanes can go die in a fire. Anyone fans of them? You get TWO solos filled with it, the 2nd one is even BETTER than the 1st one

I like them on Keys, where I feel they work better than on guitar.

But yeah, I saw a video of Superbad on regular keys. I don't think I've seen so many trill lanes before.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I played all this week's songs.

NSTB's guitar chart is basically perfect by my standards. Like, the solos are authored so that they capture the batshit randomness of Kerry King's soloing style while still not being excessively stupid or unfun to play, and then the rest of the song you'd have to be pretty fucking stupid to screw up so I don't really need to mention it.

Make some Noise has a super fun looking pro keys part (even if it isn't that hard).

Tell Me Something Good was a little slow-paced, but had some pretty fun patterns on guitar, so it was all around enjoyable.

Super Bad is definitely the hardest James Brown song on guitar, and relatively fun (if you like funk-style guitar, like I do).

Barricuda is a pretty good guitar chart. Nothing stuck out at me as being "off" or "wrong" or anything like that. Just good, solid authoring and fun to play.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the videos on elisoncruz's channel so far, they all look pretty fun. Good start to the month.

"Make Some Noise" - Beastie Boys
"No Sleep 'Till Brooklyn" - Beastie Boys
"Barracuda" - Heart

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
NSTB's guitar chart is basically perfect by my standards. Like, the solos are authored so that they capture the batshit randomness of Kerry King's soloing style while still not being excessively stupid or unfun to play, and then the rest of the song you'd have to be pretty fucking stupid to screw up so I don't really need to mention it.

Yup, gonna have to agree with that. I haven't played it (no points, no money for points) but from the video it looks great.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bront wrote:
The decline happened when they closed the forums. Then some regulars stopped coming around, people couldn't contact the admin about issues, and he gave up. Even the other admins started bailing.

I always thought it was a cool sight, and it's a shame it's gone, else I'd have moved all my reviews over to DLCQuickplay.

That's a big part of it, but it's not the whole story. I used to run the blog side of it (Kyle A. was what I posted as), and what essentially put me over the edge was something that happened last April. In March 2010 or so, I tossed Chris (the site's admin) the idea of formally integrating the site as a business so that we could fly out to E3 in June and, presumably, cover RB3 and members of the press. I'd looked over the preliminary qualifications for getting licensed as such, and we already had most of the pieces in place- a site dedicated to a singular gaming topic, regular updates, a decent userbase that met E3's minimum (the last time I'd checked, we had around 5000 unique visitors per month), and most of the little details shy of the actual paperwork.

He seemed receptive to the idea at first, but after a while he stopped responding entirely. Right around the third week of April- which was inching fairly close to the registration deadline- I sent him six e-mails over the course of two weeks, all without a reply. This was all in addition to songs taking a week or more to show up on the main page, no desire on his part to update the stie's Spartan (to a fault) look, and dwindling votes/reviews on the actual songs when they did show up. It was like running into a brick wall, and after a while I figured that it just wasn't worth the time and effort that I was putting into it every day.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow what the fuck, Super Bad on Standard Keys. You took what looks like fun scales on Pro Keys, and turned it into THAT. Not only that, but because of Troll Lanes now I can't even buy the song >_>
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-B.O.D. wrote:
Wow what the fuck, Super Bad on Standard Keys. You took what looks like fun scales on Pro Keys, and turned it into THAT. Not only that, but because of Troll Lanes now I can't even buy the song >_>

Super Bad on pro keys is all glissando notes (the solos, anyway). It actually makes sense to me. They're charting basically random saxophone wankery, with all sorts of note bends and weird screeches and little sense of melody, rhythm, or purpose. So they just authored all glissandos running across the board in weird patterns so you can essentially feel all that randomness, without having to hit every single note exactly (which would be insane). Because glissando notes don't exist in 5-lane keys (we've all been irritated by an incredibly fast glissando authored as a super fast scale that's hard to hit in 5 lanes), they author it all to trill lanes, which is the next best thing. Since it would be INCREDIBLY STUPID to force anybody to try to play what that saxophonist is doing, note for note, either melodically or rhythmically.

I'm actually 100% in favor of creative charting like that, and I approve of this song so hard.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: 8/2 DLC: Beastie Boys, Heart, James Brown, Rufus Ft. Chaka K Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii on July 19th, 2011:
  • Make Some Noise by Beastie Boys

• No Sleep Till Brooklyn by Beastie Boys

• Barracuda by Heart (X)

• Super Bad, Pts. 1 & 2 by James Brown (X)

• Tell Me Something Good by Rufus (ft. Chaka Khan)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Deception - Concealing Fate Part Two by TesseracT (160 MSP)

• Upstream by Cory Wong (80 MSP)

• I'm Amazed by My Morning Jacket (160 MSP)

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

• Honeys Takin Money by Audio Ammunition (80 MSP)

• Walks Like A Ghost by Quartered (80 MSP)

• If I Was King by Dan Markland (80 MSP)

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3 (or will be when PSN comes back), and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

Songs now available for PS3 that are already enabled for scoretracking:

• Dreamchaser by Amberian Dawn ($1.99)
  • Buried Cold by Rose Of Jericho ($0.99)

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: